Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #15
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
I would be very careful in Gainesville. While attending grad school there, I was driving a little civic. I used to go out at night several times a week and my car got hit 4 times in 2 years. Every single one of them were a hit and run. Too many people come out of bars and clubs drunk. Obviously!

The weekend of camaro5 fest, me and my friends drove down to party in Gainesville, this time I was in my camaro and left my car parked at a roof top with 0 cars around it. It's a college town so people don't care and are extremely reckless.
- Pfadt End-links - Installed
- Pfadt Strut Tower Brace - Pending
- BMR Trailing Arm - Installed
- BMR Toe Rod - Installed
Thank you Vengeance Racing for install and recommendation
Thank you Borla for the ATAK Exhaust
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #16
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post
I would be very careful in Gainesville. While attending grad school there, I was driving a little civic. I used to go out at night several times a week and my car got hit 4 times in 2 years. Every single one of them were a hit and run. Too many people come out of bars and clubs drunk. Obviously!

The weekend of camaro5 fest, me and my friends drove down to party in Gainesville, this time I was in my camaro and left my car parked at a roof top with 0 cars around it. It's a college town so people don't care and are extremely reckless.
In addition, I found all the parking spots in general are real small over there. Publix, the mall, and that huge plaza place. In my cavalier parked in a tiny campus spot someone knocked my passenger mirror clean off, jerks.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #17
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
If I might be so bold...If you drive a Camaro and shop at Walmart, you fail at life
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #18
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
There's some irony in there...

I was thinking about buying a beater when I was out in West Texas finishing up school, but I know how to drive (and wasn't really in my budget) so I decided against it. Now that I can save a relatively decent amount /month I'm going to end up buying a decent truck for the winter months and to use when my car has down time from being modded.

So if you can afford it, do it.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #19
racer515

Drives: Various
This is why I bought a Cobalt as my commuter. Good gas mileage and not as concerned about it. My pony cars stay at home until the weekend.
racer515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #20
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
got more scratches at work on my other DD(Honda). f'n people just have no respect. Hell if I'd ever bring my 5 to work, let alone Wmart...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09

If you can afford a cheap pick-up truck............
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #22
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakaro68 View Post
i like how you park away from everyone else and you come out and someone parked right next to you..... :/
Ya WTF is that all about?? And why RIGHT next to you when there are like 40 other spaces??

I have to assume these are the same people that stand right ontop of you in line at check out and don't get "personal" space.....or "toothbrush"
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #23
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Oh and I got to Wal-mart and don't have issues -- but I live in the boonies so....not many people there shopping
Even on a Saturday the lots like 3/4 empty...and everyone's jammed up front...

I only go there for car cleaning supplies...and I try to go at night during the week so there are less weirdo's out....
Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #24
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
I have never had a dd that hasn't eventually gotten scratched, dented or road rash to some degree.

That is why my 5th Gen is not a dd.

As for parking at Walmart...what do you expect? Really?
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #25
IronToss
Corporate Lackey

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
No dents, chips nothing for me yet, although I park in one place at work, all the time, everyday, and parallel park at the gym, other then that, it's in my garage securely safe. It sucks, people are just plain ignorant when it comes to parking lots. Just walked to get lunch, new Audi R8 sitting in parking lot, big ass rusty piece of shit minivan like 8" from the door, can just imagine what slithered out of that thing.

I am plating my winter car early this year, can't take the risks with the crappy roads this summer.

Words of advise, go and buy yourself a good pair of steel toe cats cause they come in 'very handy' in situations like this, you dent my car, you get a 2' hole in yours.
-- Flowmaster AMT 3" Catback / Hurst Billet-Plus 2 Shifter
IronToss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakaro68 View Post
i like how you park away from everyone else and you come out and someone parked right next to you..... :/
Lol i work part-time at a grocery store in this rich neighborhood (good tips ) and whenever there is a corvette, gt500, or lambo they park beyond kingdom come and then within 5 minutes they have like 5 P.O.S cars boxing them in xD
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #27
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My Camaro has been to Wallyworld only once. The wife needed something while we were out somewhere and I told her, "There's no way I'm leaving this car in a Wallyworld parking lot. I'll let you out along the front and wait" To which, I promptly pulled up and bounced the right front wheel off the curb.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #28
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantacamaro View Post
.... just so I could drive that other car to walmart and other highly traveled to places.

My beautiful camaro has 5 DINGS ALREADY!!! One of them is over 4 inches I'm seriously started to get pissed off and if I ever catch anyone dinging my car... they will be sorry

some people just don't have respect.

I try to park away from people and parking in ways to avoid possible jacka**es but living in a college town makes that impossible to do all the time

before anyone asks, I'd rather not post pictures that would make how I'm feeling worse.

anyways, I needed somewhere to vent and I am done. End rant/
Get a 90's blazer for an everyday vehicle and with the 4.3, they run forever.