Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #29
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The point of a fall release is because they expect the hardcore enthusiasts to snap up the early production units. They want those buyers taken care of early so that when spring rolls in and the uninitiated start thinking, "Man, a new sports car would be nice!" there will be Z28s on the showroom. They are more concerned about sales momentum than they are about what makes sense for you personally. GM has been marketing cars for a long time, release dates aren't pulled out of a hat.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The date for the Camaro's release was March 16th, 2 days after my wedding. I will probably be buying the 2nd model year of this generation.

To make things weirder, my fiancée's birthday is September 29th. In 1966, that was the release of the 1967 Camaro.

My birthday, April 10th, this year is the last day to order a 2010 Camaro.

When I lived in college with my wedding's best man, we lived in apartment F5. Is the Camaro not like a 5th F-body?

I was meant to drive a Camaro.
I was brought home from the hospital in a Z28
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The date for the Camaro's release was March 16th, 2 days after my wedding. I will probably be buying the 2nd model year of this generation.

To make things weirder, my fiancée's birthday is September 29th. In 1966, that was the release of the 1967 Camaro.

My birthday, April 10th, this year is the last day to order a 2010 Camaro.

When I lived in college with my wedding's best man, we lived in apartment F5. Is the Camaro not like a 5th F-body?

I was meant to drive a Camaro.
I just always thought they were cool

And, again, I'm making my own Z-28. =P
Old 03-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
I was brought home from the hospital in a Z28
that reminds me I brought my son home from the hospital in a 79 Camaro.. I never told him that.. That is when I learned that a Camaro was not a car to put a babyseat in...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
TheStigsFatAmericanCousin
Bloody Pikey

Drives: Camaro
Location: Some say, that I'm a CIA experiment that's gone wrong, and that I only eat cheese...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCanuck View Post
I guess if you saw the first post things would make more sense to you.
I saw it

I wonder how many of these parts will bolt-up to LS/LT/SS models. That'd be interesting to find out. They're likely not going to be as strong as what the aftermarket has already engineered, but if you don't need to spend as much money for a part you're never going to use to it's potential, maybe it'd be a viable alternative
Old 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #34
Camerrone

Drives: 08 Malibu
I can backup that info about the Z28 driveshafts. See my post about it http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70471
Camerrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Looks like my crystal ball is accurate. Late 2011 as a 2012 model. 45th Anniversary Z-28, the greatest Camaro ever produced.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #36
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The point of a fall release is because they expect the hardcore enthusiasts to snap up the early production units. They want those buyers taken care of early so that when spring rolls in and the uninitiated start thinking, "Man, a new sports car would be nice!" there will be Z28s on the showroom. They are more concerned about sales momentum than they are about what makes sense for you personally. GM has been marketing cars for a long time, release dates aren't pulled out of a hat.

Nothing like cold logic to destroy someone's hopes and dreams

However, you've got the sales numbers of the 2010 Camaro working against this logic. The 2010 Camaro is an absolute sales hit, and it was released in April. My logic beats yours.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #37
ZYA_LTR

Drives: Waiting to be ordered
Dispell with the logic, GM, hell, all makers customarily release the next model year in the fall....September to November typically.
ZYA_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #38
2SSRS-CGM

Drives: '16 Z06 M7
Maybe my current situation is just pissing me off all the time, but it seems to me you guys complain WAY too much.

Try ordering a Camaro April 2009, it arrives in July (of which your parents/wife/whoever) parents in my case trailer it home and put it in the garage, it then sits in the garage until 22 October 2009 under a cover, you then get to drive it for two weeks, half way through the two weeks a tractor trailer throws a rock up your hood messing up your stripes and cracking your wind shield, on the last day of those two weeks you wash it/wax it and put it back in the garage under the cover for 5 more months you wait and are still waiting just to go back home and drive it again.

Those of you who have not bought a Camaro yet for whatever reason (budget/you only want the Z28), awesome patience waiting on the Z.

Those of you who are griping because you don't want to buy a car and put it in the garage for the winter driving it only on nice sunny days. Well I wish that I could wake up, walk to my garage, and decide if it’s a nice enough day to drive my Camaro and not the usual daily driver.

Instead someone wakes me up in the middle of then night and I have to think about what roadside bombs I have to disarm or how many body parts I have to pick up after an explosion.

This is not a ploy to get the "thanks for serving" its simply a stop complaining for how good you have it, and in the end GM will do what ever they want. To be perfectly honest I thank the government bailing out GM so I can drive a new Camaro!!!!!

Sorry if I came across being an Ass, it has just been one of those days. All I really wanted was what little factual information which was out there for us. Instead I got BS posts to browse through in order to find the meat and potatoes.

Either that or just ignore my post and continue on with the current trend.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #39
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS-CGM View Post
Maybe my current situation is just pissing me off all the time, but it seems to me you guys complain WAY too much.

Try ordering a Camaro April 2009, it arrives in July (of which your parents/wife/whoever) parents in my case trailer it home and put it in the garage, it then sits in the garage until 22 October 2009 under a cover, you then get to drive it for two weeks, half way through the two weeks a tractor trailer throws a rock up your hood messing up your stripes and cracking your wind shield, on the last day of those two weeks you wash it/wax it and put it back in the garage under the cover for 5 more months you wait and are still waiting just to go back home and drive it again.

Those of you who have not bought a Camaro yet for whatever reason (budget/you only want the Z28), awesome patience waiting on the Z.

Those of you who are griping because you don't want to buy a car and put it in the garage for the winter driving it only on nice sunny days. Well I wish that I could wake up, walk to my garage, and decide if it’s a nice enough day to drive my Camaro and not the usual daily driver.

Instead someone wakes me up in the middle of then night and I have to think about what roadside bombs I have to disarm or how many body parts I have to pick up after an explosion.

This is not a ploy to get the "thanks for serving" its simply a stop complaining for how good you have it, and in the end GM will do what ever they want. To be perfectly honest I thank the government bailing out GM so I can drive a new Camaro!!!!!

Sorry if I came across being an Ass, it has just been one of those days. All I really wanted was what little factual information which was out there for us. Instead I got BS posts to browse through in order to find the meat and potatoes.

Either that or just ignore my post and continue on with the current trend.
This is a forum. A discussion forum. What don't people get about that? If you want cold hard facts, go read the GM page or find a brochure.

In a discussion forum, we talk. There's nothing I hate more than people that try to make rules for what can or cannot be discussed on a friggin forum. Why? Because those people are one step away from commie secret police mindset, except they just happen to be born in a free country so they manifest their personality by becoming forum thought police instead.

The ONLY rules to follow, are the forum rules. And sorry, but you don't get to make them up as you go along. K?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #40
2SSRS-CGM

Drives: '16 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
Yeah, sorry but you are an ass (you said it first). This is a forum. A discussion forum. What don't people get about that? If you want cold hard facts, go read the GM page or find a brochure.

In a discussion forum, we talk. There's nothing I hate more than people that try to make rules for what can or cannot be discussed on a friggin forum. Why? Because those people are one step away from commie secret police mindset, except they just happen to be born in a free country so they manifest their personality by becoming forum thought police instead.

The ONLY rules to follow, are the forum rules. And sorry, but you don't get to make them up as you go along. K?
No rules... Not Commie... Not secret police... Your welcome for your freedom...

K?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #41
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
settle down.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #42
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS-CGM View Post
No rules... Not Commie... Not secret police... Your welcome for your freedom...

K?
I totally respect what you do for your country and the world. But what some people don't understand is that forums are inherently full of opinion, not fact. I rarely find anything anyone says objectionable, because I understand that it is simply their opinion, and they're welcome to it.

For example, when someone says "something should be this and that", you find that someone gets offended by the word "should". Why? It's obvious it's their opinion, and in their opinion it should be this and that. There's nothing wrong with that.

Furthermore, I've also seen people have their perspectives opened up because they voiced their incorrect viewpoint, and other people in the forum were able to change their mindset. Had those people kept their mouths shut in the first place, they would never have learned they were wrong. I myself have been corrected many times.

Therefore I have learned that there is much to be gained by voicing one's opinion, rightly or wrongly. We all get to learn, in my opinion.