Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
Daegon02

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Question Issue with Audio switching between Radio and Media/ Cell Phone

I seem to have a recurring issue where when I am listening to the radio the music quality sounds a lot better than the media quality. To explain in better detail, it sounds like a surroundsound system with the radio tuned in but when switching to media or my cell phone for example, it’s still sound surroundsound but it does not sound as in-depth as what it does on the radio. Also when switching stations on the radio it sounds just like the media would this specific radio station does have more money for a better equipment to make it sound better in cars in that does make sense but what doesn’t make sense is why it does not work on my media specifically my cell phone. My friends hooked up their phones to try it out and it actually sounds like the radio station with their cell phone but with mine it is lesser quality. If anyone could explain to me why this keeps happening please do I have been trying to fix this in so many ways by trying out different courts by using CarPlay or by hooking it up via Bluetooth, I have also tried going to a professional audio store for vehicles, still nothing. Since we do drive six generation Camaros this would be my last hope and ever finding out why this happens. If anyone could explain it to me please do in-depth. I drive a 2016 Camaro 1SS with the 8’ Touch Screen and the Non-BOSE Speaker setup. Also my current cell phone is an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have not made any adjustments to the speakers or the audio in anyway on my Camaro. This is just been really bugging me because it keeps happening over and over again if anyone else has this problem please do explain to me how I can fix it or possibly relate to it
Daegon02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
For some reason the radio cant compress or boost the source inputs to a consistent level.
This is easily the worst radio I have owned in the last 25 years.
I am waiting for alpine to put out a replacement.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 1ss, audio, media player, radio, speakers