Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-18-2021, 01:08 AM   #1
CoryZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Car Enthusiast

My first sports car was the Chevy Camaro Z28 Convertible. I had a very long dissertation on how I came back to the Camaro, but i fully realize people on this site, including myself, have the attention span of a gnat.

My first Camaro was a blue 1998 Z28 convertible (no, i do not remember if it was hugger blue, your momma blue, or mind your business blue) but it was freaking blue, with a white top and white "leather" interior. It was the 350 with a six speed manual and it was bad ass.

Major issue, it leaked, it was like your 100 year old granddad with severe incontinency. The rear floor boards were moldy and smelled like your cousins house that either cooked meth, or had his favorite cat that took a leek on everything but the litter box. In either case, i traded it for a brand spankin new 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra. ( A story for another day, but a 25 year old wanting a brand new Mustang Cobra, does not get a lot of respect from legacy dealers.)

Loved, ABSOLUTLY LOVED the Mustang, 2003 390 HP, massive supercharger whine, 25 years old. It was awesome.

Reality..25 years old, married, kid on the way, goodbye awesome sports car.

Fast forward to mid 40's. Same kid (girl mind you) that created the sports car void...wants a sweet ass sports car. Well who am i to deny awesomeness, it just un-American. The original sister now has a younger protégé, who is even more keen on a fast and furious real American Muscle Power. All she has known is Japanese, Korean, or electric power.

Both girls now have in there driveway, a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Neither of them really understand the power and acceleration that this car represents. I attempt to explain to there mother what this car is capable of, however i am met with the 2015 Highlander is very fast. I'm not sure how to argue with this, mainly because it is actually pretty fast, and all wheel drive.

I put the youngest child in the front seat and have her buckle up. We go on a trip around the block that includes a brief highway trip. I put the ZL1 in third gear at around 35 mph. I tell the kid to hang on. I punch the accelerator. Both her and and I are rocketed forward with such momentum that it actually made me nervous. She says, "DO IT AGAIN DAD." At that moment I realized I had created a monster!

I took the car back and exchanged the younger sister for the older sister. We went on the same path. The older sister tells me, "please don't go that fast again." I knew at that moment i had found my insurance, "out".

I again took the car home and my wife got in the passenger seat. We again went on the same route. I again punched the accelerator the same as I had the previous two occasions. The car rocketed forward, almost taking your breath away. I expected my wife to be exasperated. Instead she asks me, "is that all the faster it goes?"

I am eternally grateful that I was able to give my entire family a ride in the 2022 Camaro ZL1. I am grateful because I confirmed that no one other than me needs to know where the keys are.

2009 Toyota Highlander
2003 Mustang Cobra
1998 Z28 Convertible
1991 Toyota Camry
CoryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
lucky you.my wife would have been shitting bricks.my son would have wanted to drive it...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:50 AM   #3
bondfavorite

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Lucky, Chevy Camaro Z28 have perfect color.
Old 07-20-2022, 02:16 AM   #4
StephenNichols

Drives: Chevrolet Matiz
Hah, my father also hides the keys and I don't show much love to him) So, don't be the same case
StephenNichols is offline   Reply With Quote