Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2023, 01:42 PM   #29
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
"nuts"

Besides your not technically nuts until you've fallen asleep under the car while cleaning for the third time.

One more to go.
Short funny story since you brought this up. I don't currently have a garage and most of my toys sit outside year round. I had a big family BBQ coming up so I went to my buddy's house the night before after work to use his garage to detail my car since he was away. I got there, pulled the cover off his Mustang and put it in the street. I then put my Camaro in his garage, set it up on jackstands and got to work with the polisher. It was hot and I had worked a full day ( construction ) but I felt good getting after it and I knew it was worth it since I was trying to show someone up at the bbq the next day. Well, I guess I was more tired than I thought and it was hotter than I thought because the last thing I remembered was working on my wheels while the polish cured and then being woken up by my buddy the next morning around 9am. He found me passed out in my drivers seat holding a microfiber and bottle of interior cleaner. He said he wouldn't have even known I was in there if it wasn't for his car still being on the street when he got home. A billion missed calls and texts from my wife and when I finally called her back and told her what happened, she just said I was nuts.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 02:16 PM   #30
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Your in the club!

Friday was long day at work. Got home, did my 2nd workout, then a tummy full of tacos, 109 degrees outside and the shop concrete was soooo cool. The wife let the puppy out who wandered in the shop and stuck her tongue in my ear otherwise I'd probably have laid there for hours.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 07:47 AM   #31
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Lol I’ve fallen asleep in the chair next to it admiring my paint detailing before.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 08:21 AM   #32
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Hahaha a bunch of old *uckers! But I have to confess, I passed out behind the wheel once sitting in it in my garage right after I bought it. Tall, cold adult beverage in the cup holder. (No not drinking and driving, just went out and wanted to admire it after a few drinks one night.)
Old 08-15-2023, 02:12 PM   #33
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
As others have experienced, almost every single time I am out in this car, I get a compliment or other positive acknowledgement - whether I'm at a stop light, gas station, parking lot, drive-thru, etc.

The 5th Gen is simply an aesthetically beautiful car, and in my opinion, there are very few vehicles that catch your eye and stand out like these cars do.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:23 PM   #34
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Most compliments I receive about my car happen at the gas station, and are usually aimed out how good it sounds. Although I will also get the random compliment from neighbors, passer-bys, and trash guys, while I'm washing it in my driveway.

Sometimes it just peoples reactions that provide the biggest compliments. For example, several years ago I was getting a new HVAC system installed for my house. It was a cooler autumn morning and two techs arrived to get setup for the day. I met them in front of the garage and was bs'ing with them for a few minutes and said I would pull the car out to give them more space to work. The younger tech was kneeling off to the side but behind my car with his back to the garage door. So right before I start to climb in, I mentioned my car is loud and he was just like "OK" (I should also mention that my car was already cam'd with full SLP headers/x-pipe/Loudmouth I exhaust). I hop into the car, fire it up with one of those nice long cranks until the engine roars to life, back it out of the garage and shut it off...nothing special, I just moved it like a normal person would do. As I start to get out, I see the older tech doubled over in laughter...I thought he was going to pee his pants he was laughing so hard. After a few seconds, I asked if he's alright and he begins to choke the words out...I heard you...I heard you warn him...but he jumped so high when you started the car...and then he continued to laugh as tears rolled down his face. At that point, I can't help but start to laugh too as I look over at the younger tech and he goes, ya know, people tell me "my car is loud" all the time and it usually turns out to be a rumble, but man, you were not joking when you said it was loud...it scared the crap out of me! And then he finishes with, that sounds really good, what do I have in that thing, etc.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 02:36 PM   #35
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
I get compliments but not too frequently, have seen few kids try and sneak some pictures in which I'm totally fine with, I grew up with old timers giving me sour looks when I just walked by their car at car shows so I want to do the opposite, both younger and older, have even gotten pretty decent at explaining car guy stuff without using the car guy words (got some practice being in term heavy science type field). Just wish more girls came asking about it, they say a cool car is a chick magnet but in reality it's a grade A pure dude magnet.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:43 PM   #36
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Chick=no Camaro money… watch what you wish for lol.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 04:24 PM   #37
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
A double edged sword for sure
Old 08-15-2023, 10:10 PM   #38
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
Just wish more girls came asking about it, they say a cool car is a chick magnet but in reality it's a grade A pure dude magnet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Chick=no Camaro money… watch what you wish for lol.
HAHA!!! Golden quotes back to back.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:13 PM   #39
Danial

Quote:
A double edged sword for sure
Hey, I saw your post earlier about going camping at a quarry up there in Washington. I grew up and lived the first 55 years of my life in Oregon. Our gig was to go up to the logging landings and camp out and party, although I recall doing a quarry once, only because we had to chainsaw our way in due to fallen trees.

It didn't matter what you drove, you just went. I had, uh, "relations" with a gal in the back seat of my 68 GTO vert on one of those landings late at night after everyone else passed out around the embers of the fire. The top was down and the stars were out...ahhhh....good times man, good times.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:57 AM   #40
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
I get compliments but not too frequently, have seen few kids try and sneak some pictures in which I'm totally fine with, I grew up with old timers giving me sour looks when I just walked by their car at car shows so I want to do the opposite, both younger and older, have even gotten pretty decent at explaining car guy stuff without using the car guy words (got some practice being in term heavy science type field). Just wish more girls came asking about it, they say a cool car is a chick magnet but in reality it's a grade A pure dude magnet.
This is hilarious & so true. I usually alternate my vehicles to keep them exercised & when im in the Camaro women walk right by. If im in my 22 Sierra they are all over it. I think we need lessons from Wayne haha!
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:50 AM   #41
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Frieburger and Finnigan proved the the chick magnet/guy magnet theory on Roadkill.

The barely drive able ugly old Rat Rod was the "chick magnet"

The Lambo Huracan was the "guy magnet"

My GF might be one of the few exceptions she loved the Lambo and hated the Rat Rod which see saw a foolish.

She said to me so what do you want when I win the lottery a C8 or the Lambo?

I said C8 please and she laughed saying I knew that before I asked

The Lambo would be the foolish choice this time what a gal
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 06:21 AM   #42
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
I get compliments for lots of random people. They are surprised if I mention that I bought it new and then tell them the current mileage (right now it's at 287,500).
ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote