Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2023, 12:49 AM   #15
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Wayne, I wouldn't even know how to value your car. I know aftermarket mods don't fetch much of anything, and can even hurt in some cases...but regardless, when I look at your ride I am just at a loss for where to even start, especially if it was a private sale. It's just the complete package. The color of your car, paint condition, and tastefulness of the mods is a big part of what makes it so freaking amazing.

I know in reality it should be worth as much as any other SS with similar mileage and condition, but I just can't accept that. I am having a hard time explaining exactly what I mean - IDK man, its just a very special SS in my eyes, and likely many others here. If you wanted to I bet you could sell your car in less than 24 hours.
Yeah I ran into that problem when my car was totaled. The insurance valued my 2012 Camaro SS l99 at $17k with 170k miles, I sent them $20k in receipts for most of my mods and they only raised the value $300. The salvage yard didn't even want it because they sold it back to me for $300 if you can believe that. I had $15k just in the engine and I bought another 2012 Camaro for $17k with 126k miles, sold the engine out of it for $2500 to the shop that switched out all my stuff into the new Camaro from the old one. Oh and I had a $20k guaranteed policy so I got the $20k. So I would say to an insurance company it definitely hurts your value but even with a private sale most people out there would still prefer to buy a stock car over a modded car in terms of the engine because you never know what your truly getting into. The Camaro that I bought had an exhaust on it and was tuned but everything else was stock still.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 10:13 AM   #16
Nenous1

Drives: 2011 Camaro rs
Ultimately it's about demand, i think once folks catch on to how reliable the Camaro is and its catching on, because i'm seeing a lot of Camaro's on the road' There's gonna be a huge jump in both the 5th and 6th generation Camaro's prices.
Nenous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 11:40 AM   #17
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Lots of great posts here. Sounds like these offers are still going around strong. Not that it matters to me I guess, my white SS is going to my granddaughter next year and the black Vert is staying with me until I die and then it will go to my daughter.
Attached Images