Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-15-2021, 06:58 PM   #1
C@mero

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Squash/Fore/AGP

Looking at these 3 options as a triple pump setup. The squash has the 2 525s as an upgrade, and from the looks of it it can support 700hp per pump. Planning on e85 and eventually go bigger down the road with my blower. Seems like the squash won’t be enough.

AGP and the Fore is pretty much the same unit (I think), but from the looks of it, with the AGP I would have to source out my own lines. There’s 3 options for FORE L2/3/4, which out of the unit is more of a plug and play/easier to install and better bang for the buck?

I’m assuming I would need the housing for AGP & Fore?
C@mero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:12 PM   #2
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I have an AGP triple. It comes with a feed line and uses the factory feed as the return. How much power are looking for?
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:41 PM   #3
C@mero

From the looks of it, I’ll be at 800whp and up. I will go bigger from my D1x to an F series, so @1000 or over 1000…
Old 09-15-2021, 11:36 PM   #4
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I made over 1200whp (427 twin turbo) with a Squash dual setup BUT I did have the second pump on a boost a pump. Andy at Squash gave me that idea.

From what I understand, the AGP setup is a FORE setup but with different wiring.

Fun fact: It is my former car used in the instructions for the Squash setup. Andy came to my house and I helped him install it.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:44 AM   #5
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Correct me if i am wrong but none of those systems use PTFE lines. They use “e85” compatible” rubber lined hoses. Which will last a few years.

My friend had twin 525s with meth and made 1150, but we did have to redo his power lines to heavier gauge wiring as he kept melting relays. The 525s draw more juice. Id just go with 3 450s.

You should consider the dsx fuel pump assembly as an option as well. Although you wont find it for sale online yet. You’d have to email DSX.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:54 AM   #6
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
I've been using the Fore setup for 4+ years now.
No issues at all. I went straight from a bone stock fuel system to the Fore. I only wanted to do it once. lol...
Old 09-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #7
C@mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I made over 1200whp (427 twin turbo) with a Squash dual setup BUT I did have the second pump on a boost a pump. Andy at Squash gave me that idea.

From what I understand, the AGP setup is a FORE setup but with different wiring.

Fun fact: It is my former car used in the instructions for the Squash setup. Andy came to my house and I helped him install it.
For the price of the bap, might was well do triples. What was your fuel pressure during wot?

Good fix tho if someone has duals and need to power up a little. I’m curious why with people doing a dsx aux pump, can’t just get a double pump, to make it a “triple”. I’m assuming it’s due to the fpcm being bypassed? Frankenstein builds…

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
Correct me if i am wrong but none of those systems use PTFE lines. They use “e85” compatible” rubber lined hoses. Which will last a few years.

My friend had twin 525s with meth and made 1150, but we did have to redo his power lines to heavier gauge wiring as he kept melting relays. The 525s draw more juice. Id just go with 3 450s.

You should consider the dsx fuel pump assembly as an option as well. Although you wont find it for sale online yet. You’d have to email DSX.

Dual 525s are comparable to 3 450s? Just need thicker gauge wiring… I saw your dsx thread. Pretty nice setup. I just don’t have the time to piece things together.
So with their “e85” hoses, you would suggest sourcing out ptfe hoses that are actually designated for e85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMI View Post
I've been using the Fore setup for 4+ years now.
No issues at all. I went straight from a bone stock fuel system to the Fore. I only wanted to do it once. lol...
Yeah. I want to set it and forget it, but hopefully not max it out.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #8
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Note: Fore strongly recommended to me if using E85 that the pumps should be replaced ANNUALLY.

AGP is just a full FORE "lite" setup. Hat, FPR are Fore.

Yes, make sure you use PTFE fuel lines. -8AN feed and OEM return are ample for your 800whp desire. However, if you're a HP junkie, running -10AN feed and -8AN return could save you for later with your setup.

Whether you go DUAL or TRIPLE pump setup is also applicable to that HP junkie remark. Running smaller pumps will reduce heat in the fuel and current draw with a Hobbs or electronic secondary pump controller. The 525 "Hellcat" pump is expected to add 50% more heat to the fuel (so I'm told). I'm not sure how detrimental that would be overall as I don't know the original from-what to-what. I went from three 450 Walbros (267's) to three 525 pumps (285's) so I guess I'll be seeing what has been claimed shortly.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #9
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
[QUOTE=dreksnot;11071714]Note: Fore strongly recommended to me if using E85 that the pumps should be replaced ANNUALLY.

Did they say exactly why, if their pumps are E compatible there should be no problems, right? There are people with factory cars that run E all the time. Any insight would be appreciated, who wants to drop their tank every year to put in new pumps...that gets expensive.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #10
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
[QUOTE=dreksnot;11071714]Note: Fore strongly recommended to me if using E85 that the pumps should be replaced ANNUALLY.

Did they say exactly why, if their pumps are E compatible there should be no problems, right? There are people with factory cars that run E all the time. Any insight would be appreciated, who wants to drop their tank every year to put in new pumps...that gets expensive.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #11
C@mero

Replace the triples every year?!!? Wtf??!!

800-1000 will just be a bench mark. It’ll go up from there. I’m sure everyone here was content with 500, then 600, then 800 etc.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:10 PM   #12
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by C@mero View Post
Replace the triples every year?!!? Wtf??!!

800-1000 will just be a bench mark. It’ll go up from there. I’m sure everyone here was content with 500, then 600, then 800 etc.
Lol, I have been at my power level over a year and am content with it. For a street car, can't do much more and still have traction. Track car, well the possibilities are endless.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #13
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
Note: Fore strongly recommended to me if using E85 that the pumps should be replaced ANNUALLY.

Well, I'll cut and paste some of the quoted information:

"Pump life: Coming up on four years and seldom driven (bad when it comes to E85) I definitely recommend you install fresh pumps. We recommend annual replacement of these pumps in E85. We have seen some isolated cases where the pumps may last much longer, but those cars typically have 50k+ miles on them and the operator monitors fuel temperatures. (so, they always have fresh fuel and they never get hot) Current draw (as indicated by your voltage drop) does not mean the pumps are performing well...it just means they're running."

"Considering your fuel pumps are well beyond the recommended replacement interval, definitely replace the pumps."

"I could write a book on why E85 is tough on fuel systems....lol. Essentially, we tell everybody to NOT run it, unless you have to. (i.e. boost, compression on a car that is driven a lot, where race gas cost would be cost prohibitive)"

"The 285s make about 25% more heat than the 274s, but if you switch from running a single 285 from dual 274s, then you're putting in a LOT less heat anyways, and that is a move in a good direction. We tend to see more failures with the 274s due to heat...however, this could be due to the owners being aware of the extra heat generated by choosing that pump and they're more precautious. In our controlled testing, the 285 does not wear better than a 274.

I don't think you're doing too bad with pump life, considering you've had those pumps for a long time...as we recommend annual replacement when running them in E85! (regardless of mileage)"

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #14
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by C@mero View Post
For the price of the bap, might was well do triples. What was your fuel pressure during wot?

Good fix tho if someone has duals and need to power up a little. I’m curious why with people doing a dsx aux pump, can’t just get a double pump, to make it a “triple”. I’m assuming it’s due to the fpcm being bypassed? Frankenstein builds…
Yes, the factory FPCM is bypassed. There were no triple setups out when mine were installed. I do agree go triple from the beginning.

You can wire up an external aux pump to come on via MAP or with a Hobbs switch as well. My ZR1 has (2) external Bosch 044 pumps. One comes on about 8 psi and the other about 12 psi. Both MAP activated. I only need one so if one fails, the other will do. If the OEM in tank pumps dies, I am swapping in a FORE setup and be done with it unless I can find a good deal on an OEM ZR1 pump. Changing pumps in a vette is harder than a Camaro. There is no where to cut an access hole like there is in a Camaro.

I don't remember the exact fuel pressure but the fuel system had no issues keeping up with the demand.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote