#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-03-2022, 06:27 PM   #29
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroking98 View Post
Hey guys, I tried googling on the forum but couldn't find anything at first glance.

This winter I'll be throwing a magnuson 2650 on the zl1 a10, probably new cam job since this current one was f***ed up.

My goals are 850whp which my new guys think is very doable.

What power level should I think about building the trans?

Just trying to get budgets in order.

Thanks in advance.
Of course, both Ford and GM could answer your question with precision. It's just too bad we don't know who to ask.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:53 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
A HUGE part of this is the tuning. If you want the last .2 seconds out of your combo you can get it and your transmission will die much sooner. I’ve chosen to leave all of my upshift torque management in place. Is it costing me time? I’m sure. But the car stays stable during the upshifts and the transmission has taken a beating for a few years now with no issues. I’m sure that will not be the case forever though…
That's about how I see it too. Maybe I'm a little more reckless, but I'm not making near the power. HAHAHA. Stability is a great point, too. I'm not sure how one can wring better times out of the tranny without upsetting stability in some circumstances.

I don't drive the car like a lunatic most of the time, so hopefully the A10 will last God be with you and yours

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #31
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
A HUGE part of this is the tuning. If you want the last .2 seconds out of your combo you can get it and your transmission will die much sooner. I’ve chosen to leave all of my upshift torque management in place. Is it costing me time? I’m sure. But the car stays stable during the upshifts and the transmission has taken a beating for a few years now with no issues. I’m sure that will not be the case forever though…
Agree, but you definitely don't want to run a stock trans tune at higher power levels either. I would leave torque reduction on but turn off all other torque management. Then you need to command more pressure on the shift so more clamping force is applied to the clutches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Of course, both Ford and GM could answer your question with precision. It's just too bad we don't know who to ask.
GM has the torque ratings listed...the 10l90 is rated for 663ft/lbs. Then there is a 10l90-E crate transmission that is rated for 715ft/lbs. The 10l80/10r80 that both GM and Ford use is in the SS and GT rated for 590 ft/lbs.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a10, built trans, transmission