Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
OEM ZLE TCM File?

I'm getting myself turned around a bit on this I think. What I would like to do is compare a stock ZLE T93 tune file to a ZL1 file. I tried to use the Tune Repository at HPTuners, and either it's just garbage for more current Camaro tunes (as there are not many to be found through my searching), or I'm just an idiot and not using good search phrases (which is equally likely). I found one that someone posted, but I'm having trouble reading it, which is where one of you might be helpful, too.

Because I only fiddle with a couple cars for family, I don't make credit purchases often, so I just don't remember and have a great understanding on exactly viewable under different circumstances. So - I saved this tune, and can open it, and see the ECM-side. No biggie. When I open the TCM, it just gives me (2) tabs for the TCM. I know when I connect to the internet and plug-in the interface, I can open a ZR1-file, and view it, and I thought it would be similar for this ZLE file. But - I can't see anything more than the (2) tabs. I know I connect to the HPTuners server when I have to flash my T87A conversion, and that I have to confirm (at initial set-up) that I'm getting the correct file for my tranny, but what am I missing?

Can anyone verify that because this is a T93 file, that I need to pay credits in order to "open" it? I know that you can't "read" a file from these TCMs, but I know I was able to get a stock file from my T93 before I swapped to the HHP T87A. And I think I paid credits when I did that. So - either I wasted credits (oh well) or it was necessary in order for me to be able to have the file to modify and burn to the TCM. I just don't want to waste another $200 in credits unless I have to. It's probably not even worth it for my purposes, ultimately, but I like to see the logic behind what they changed from a ZL1.

I just want to be able to "open" the OEM ZLE TCM file - not modify it - just for curiosity and comparison's sake. Is that possible without paying credits for the file? If anyone can confirm that, either way, that'd be super helpful.

Thanks,
Chuck

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
I see the same with my own TCM file and HPT. Only two tabs. I tried to back it up before mine goes in for the ECM/TCM conversion and tune. Not sure. Subbing to see if anyone else knows.

Ted might know. Hopefully he sees this.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote