Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
The Maggie is still not CARB approved?!?
NOPE... They're still working on it.

Now - I see there are several Whipple kits, out to a 3.2 I think, that are CARB-approved. This is just frustrating. I know some details about the delays, but it's still frustrating. I also just noticed (thanks to another Member in the Community), that Magnuson changed their "Pending" status, for certain CARB-kits that they've been working on to verbiage stating those kits are not legal for sale in CA. WOW... Thanks!!! I've had this kit for 2-whole years, all the while Magnuson's said they were "Pending". I have started understanding why Jack had given up on Magnuson's 2650 kit and going with Edelbrock.

These Whipple kits are looking better and better, and have CARB-approval.

Anyone interested in a 2650 kit, with all the fixins, including a 103 snout, for around $6000?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

And - Thank You for sharing, Jack.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 06-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #17
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

Now - I see there are several Whipple kits, out to a 3.2 I think, that are CARB-approved. This is just frustrating. I know some details about the delays, but it's still frustrating. I also just noticed (thanks to another Member in the Community), that Magnuson changed their "Pending" status, for certain CARB-kits that they've been working on to verbiage stating those kits are not legal for sale in CA. WOW... Thanks!!! I've had this kit for 2-whole years, all the while Magnuson's said they were "Pending". I have started understanding why Jack had given up on Magnuson's 2650 kit and going with Edelbrock.

Anyone interested in a 2650 kit, with all the fixins, including a 103 snout, for around $6000?...
This CARB nonsense is absolutely nauseating to me. I can not understand how an enthusiast who prioritizes performance modifications can elect to live in a state that harshly penalizes and criminalizes non CARB complaint modifications. I could not live peacefully with such tyranny and pettiness.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:12 PM   #18
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
If I ever leave Texas (not) it damn sure wouldn't be for the beautiful state of insanity...Commiefornia and the political nut jobs out there. Former residents are moving here by the droves. Welcome!

Current build in progress 2016 GMC4x4 RCSB twin hair dryers ~1k whp fbe port inj 1/8 mi & stealth street terror
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:27 PM   #19
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Ted View Post
If I ever leave Texas (not) it damn sure wouldn't be for the beautiful state of insanity...Commiefornia and the political nut jobs out there. Former residents are moving here by the droves. Welcome!

You can run but you can't hide Ted.
Hidin' from Biden

They're coming for your guns Ted
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:42 PM   #20
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Never been a runner lol. Probably half of Tx is armed now. Not that I care for that because some are crazies guaranteed. So, protection always required imho. Sorry OP to get off topic.

Current build in progress 2016 GMC4x4 RCSB twin hair dryers ~1k whp fbe port inj 1/8 mi & stealth street terror
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:38 PM   #21
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

I know i'm bringing this thread back from a couple of months ago....but where have you seen that the Whipple package is CARB approved? Everywhere I've looked it also says "Not for sale in California"
Old 07-28-2022, 08:28 AM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

ARB's website: https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default...o/d-231-78.pdf

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"