Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-18-2021, 01:01 PM   #15
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
AGP has only ever used the newer Viton lined fuel lines made by a number of companies now. These only became available in the last 8-10yrs. as E85 has become prevalent. I'm guessing you guys who think PTFE plastic tuning is the only option for long term ethanol use just don't about it. Maybe you think it's still just the two braided options of plain rubber or PTFE. It is true that E85 deteriorates plain rubber lines in a few years, but E85 rated line will last indefinitely. So maybe hold off the spreading of misinformation. If you guys have any data supporting the accelerated deterioration of Viton by E85 I would love to see it.

Little point too. -8 line has been proven to be sufficient to supply 1600whp on E85 at fuel injected pressure levels. I've actually never seen anyone test and find the exact limit of -8, but I know it's over 1600whp.

The replacing Walbro450's every year thing is just laughable. I know EVO guys who are on the same 450 for over 10yrs.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #16
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
AGP has only ever used the newer Viton lined fuel lines made by a number of companies now. These only became available in the last 8-10yrs. as E85 has become prevalent. I'm guessing you guys who think PTFE plastic tuning is the only option for long term ethanol use just don't about it. Maybe you think it's still just the two braided options of plain rubber or PTFE. It is true that E85 deteriorates plain rubber lines in a few years, but E85 rated line will last indefinitely. So maybe hold off the spreading of misinformation. If you guys have any data supporting the accelerated deterioration of Viton by E85 I would love to see it.
I was not aware of other options (e.g., not PTFE) that are E85 rated. So, if it's claimed to be E85 compatible, then it's good to go?

Quote:
Little point too. -8 line has been proven to be sufficient to supply 1600whp on E85 at fuel injected pressure levels. I've actually never seen anyone test and find the exact limit of -8, but I know it's over 1600whp.
Interesting you brought this up. Yesterday, my builder and I were discussing the real need for -10AN over -8AN feed. We ended up not thinking the -10AN was needed, and if so, then every portion of the supply would have to be open to -10AN, or the return to -8AN (which I don't think certain parts are on the fuel hat - is that correct?)

Quote:
The replacing Walbro450's every year thing is just laughable. I know EVO guys who are on the same 450 for over 10yrs.
Hey, I'm just the messenger and those words are from Fore. Contact them and see if you get the same strong suggestion. My Injector Dynamics ID F750 Fuel Filter was pretty nasty after about 2-years in; thinking I need to move the swap up to every 6-months. The fuel pumps had a nasty haze on the surface. So, E85 is dirtier. And, with the alcohol I would presume it could be a bit caustic to the seals and gaskets. But then again, I'm just a user.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:57 PM   #17
C@mero

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Good info. I have to say going through Fores website to try and piece out the kit is kind of a nightmare.
C@mero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #18
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:

Thanks for clarifying. I certainly dont intend to spread bad info.

FWIW i think the dual AGP kit is a bargain and will suit most peoples needs in an all inclusive kit.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote