Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-20-2018, 08:32 PM   #15
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
Does the front bumper have to come off?
I would say yes.

2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #16
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
I would say yes.

Thanks dude. That's the pic I was looking for. That's a sick set up.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #17
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Whelp, looks like this was already answered. Me and Scott's Camaros are with the shop now. They are working on fitting the Weapon X HX System onto the SS. Mounting is not the same and I will know in about an hour if they will fit andn what modifications would be necessary.

That tank does look nice mounted and is definitely a quality piece in person.

Hoping I can get a thread up for the build with lots of pictures in the next couple weeks.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #18
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
Whelp, looks like this was already answered. Me and Scott's Camaros are with the shop now. They are working on fitting the Weapon X HX System onto the SS. Mounting is not the same and I will know in about an hour if they will fit andn what modifications would be necessary.

That tank does look nice mounted and is definitely a quality piece in person.

Hoping I can get a thread up for the build with lots of pictures in the next couple weeks.

Damn, they are already building your car? The ice box is installed? The HX system didn't fit? The more I think about it, I can see why it wouldn't cus you do have a SS. Worse case, sell it, make some $ off of it. You don't HAVE to have it on anyways. Haha, my car must be in shambles then.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #19
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getinthur View Post
I bought the Weapon-X ice box to go with my heat exchangers, they came in today but they didn't supply any directions. Has anyone installed this set up before? I reached out by phone and email to ask some questions but I haven't gotten a response yet. I have the following questions:
1) The intercooler pump has a connector on it, why? where does it connect to? (see pic)
2) Where should the pump be mounted?
3) Where in the intercooler system should the tank be tied into?
Sorry man, I am just seeing this. We have instructions, unfortunately we also had a new shipper (who already quit for half assing stuff like this) so I'm guessing he didn't include them. I realize it's a few weeks after, but if you need anything, please let me know!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #20
Getinthur

Drives: 2017 ZL1
We got the ice box installed. I feel like the kit was kinda incomplete. The rubber hoses are cheap and kink very easily, they should have been steel braided. Also it should have came with the relay and switch. We did end up getting some instructions emailed to us.
Getinthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:04 AM   #21
kttxz06

Quote:
We got the ice box installed. I feel like the kit was kinda incomplete. The rubber hoses are cheap and kink very easily, they should have been steel braided. Also it should have came with the relay and switch. We did end up getting some instructions emailed to us.

How much was the ice box? I have noticed that alot of vendors are starting to cheap out on their products. Even tho the CPR tank was money on spot, even their hoses were rubber. In all honesty, vendors should send any kind of part that uses connections with the highest quality connections and hoses possible. It's a minor charge to them anyways, but it does wonders for the customer. Wait, what am I saying? Haha, they are in business to make the most $ and give us the shittiest product possible.

The beauty plate that came with our ice tank............i should of taken a pic. You guys would of laughed your ass off. Complete shit, so we didn't use it. It was dented, scratched, stickers were still half on. But, what it does is shows me who does this kind of business. I never contacted the vendor cus all they'll do is play it off and act dumb like it wasn't their fault anyways. So, I ate the $100.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #22
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
How much was the ice box? I have noticed that alot of vendors are starting to cheap out on their products. Even tho the CPR tank was money on spot, even their hoses were rubber. In all honesty, vendors should send any kind of part that uses connections with the highest quality connections and hoses possible. It's a minor charge to them anyways, but it does wonders for the customer. Wait, what am I saying? Haha, they are in business to make the most $ and give us the shittiest product possible.

The beauty plate that came with our ice tank............i should of taken a pic. You guys would of laughed your ass off. Complete shit, so we didn't use it. It was dented, scratched, stickers were still half on. But, what it does is shows me who does this kind of business. I never contacted the vendor cus all they'll do is play it off and act dumb like it wasn't their fault anyways. So, I ate the $100.
the hose we use is actually very high quality line, it's not cheap autozone rubber, it's rated for coolant and the temps it will see and pressure well above.

on the beauty plate please send me a picture of it, because I take a picture of every item we ship out to compare to how it looks when it arrives if there are any issues. I assure you I would never send a dented one, the OEM gm decals I could see being left on by accident but a dented one that was done in shipping.

Not contacting me to let me know there was an issue doesn't give me the opportunity to refund you the money on the plate which would show you what kind of business I run here. You're assuming I would call BS which is not fair to me at all when in fact I am the first to resolve an issue. Send me an email with a pic of the plate and your paypal email and i'll refund you the cost of the plate asap, because that's how I handle issues.
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #23
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
the hose we use is actually very high quality line, it's not cheap autozone rubber, it's rated for coolant and the temps it will see and pressure well above.

on the beauty plate please send me a picture of it, because I take a picture of every item we ship out to compare to how it looks when it arrives if there are any issues. I assure you I would never send a dented one, the OEM gm decals I could see being left on by accident but a dented one that was done in shipping.

Not contacting me to let me know there was an issue doesn't give me the opportunity to refund you the money on the plate which would show you what kind of business I run here. You're assuming I would call BS which is not fair to me at all when in fact I am the first to resolve an issue. Send me an email with a pic of the plate and your paypal email and i'll refund you the cost of the plate asap, because that's how I handle issues.

It's cool man. Didn't know you the beauty plate came from you, but it was pretty jacked up. I was expecting something more along the lines of new. haha. No way was it going on my car. I could of taken mine off and drilled my own hole. It's on another car btw. I just gave it to someone. I didn't use it. But, your tank was fkn gorgeous so. haha. It's all good. No worries. Don't need a refund either. You good in my book Joe. And yes, your hoses were fine, I was just saying, why not ship that gorgeous tank with some sick ss braided lines instead. The cost to you is next to nothing anyways, so if someone is going to spend $600 or whatever it was on your tank, hook em up with some braided lines. But, that's just me.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:14 PM   #24
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's cool man. Didn't know you the beauty plate came from you, but it was pretty jacked up. I was expecting something more along the lines of new. haha. No way was it going on my car. I could of taken mine off and drilled my own hole. It's on another car btw. I just gave it to someone. I didn't use it. But, your tank was fkn gorgeous so. haha. It's all good. No worries. Don't need a refund either. You good in my book Joe. And yes, your hoses were fine, I was just saying, why not ship that gorgeous tank with some sick ss braided lines instead. The cost to you is next to nothing anyways, so if someone is going to spend $600 or whatever it was on your tank, hook em up with some braided lines. But, that's just me.

We sell the tank one of two ways. Either with a templet to cut your own or we purchase a brand new one from gm and cut it. I really want you to be happy sir and can refund you or give you a credit towards amsoil or something.

On the line we originally did an an push lock and you would not believe how many people call with trouble and can't do it lol. The gates heat shrink clamps and oem quick connect are confusing enough to some people haha
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #25
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
We sell the tank one of two ways. Either with a templet to cut your own or we purchase a brand new one from gm and cut it. I really want you to be happy sir and can refund you or give you a credit towards amsoil or something.

On the line we originally did an an push lock and you would not believe how many people call with trouble and can't do it lol. The gates heat shrink clamps and oem quick connect are confusing enough to some people haha

I am happy. If I ever get another Ice tank, it's gonna be your so.

I was thinking about the push lock too or a quick connect. It's cool. I tend to look at it from my POV as a biz owner. I can't really have a say so as this isn't my industry, but as a customer who constantly buys higher end cars and mods them, it would be nice to see vendors across the whole spectrum just step it up a tick on the quality.

Btw, we know what your Zl1 made, so we are pushing for your numbers. haha. Sorian loves your work. We'll see tho. It's 105 degrees and I hit the dyno in 2 days.

Joel who is on this thread is the one with your ice tank. Would be nice to have some pics posted.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #26
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
FWIW, I have to give a shout out to CPR. They worked up a tank for me to use with my Whipple kit on my SS 1LE. Quick, easy, and so far so good. I would definitely recommend it if you’re looking for a bumper mounted solution.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #27
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
I bought the Weapon-X ice box to go with my heat exchangers, they came in today but they didn't supply any directions. Has anyone installed this set up before? I reached out by phone and email to ask some questions but I haven't gotten a response yet. I have the following questions:
1) The intercooler pump has a connector on it, why? where does it connect to? (see pic)
2) Where should the pump be mounted?
3) Where in the intercooler system should the tank be tied into?
Was that the 6 gpm pump or the 25?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote