Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Awesome history and review. Thanks for sharing.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #16
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
My thought are that this car will impress alot of people as time goes..

The 5th gen started kindda poor performance wise, and ended up creating it's own class of car. A league of it's own, much like the Nissan GTR did. Using the Zeta platform GM made future legendary vehicles in mainly the 1LE and Z28. Almost physics defying performance for their starting point when launched.

What will GM not be able to do with the 6th gen then?
Im guessing even greater things. We might not see a 7liter LTx, but im confident we will se "halo" variations of the 6th gen one way or another.

Everytime i see pictures the styling grows on me. Some people say GM was lazy and didnt come up with something "new".
The way i see it they made the difficult bold and logical thing to improve on what was already quite the car. When porsche does it, people applaud it. In time, people wil do so to with the camaro. Why invent the wheel every time and go with the flow of what is new and trendy? I prefer they took a winning formula and improved on it. Not only visually, but in every other aspect as well.

It defintely creates ripples in the automotive world already. I just visited the mustang forum to check their reactions out. Some like it. Some fear it. And some wishes GM people hung from the trees and head bashed in with a bat(i kid you not).
The worst that could happen would be for people to not notice. So far people are defintely noticing it!

Those are my thoughts one week after the reveal.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
All I know is I will need to stay away from the dealership after these start arriving. If I get close to one I may not be able to resist....
Old 05-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #18
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
I popped open the fuel door to make sure that the little hook to hang the gas cap on was there. Wait. What? No hook. And then I noticed no gas cap. Just one of the changes on the spectacular new Camaro.

My wife really likes cars but has never before said I love such and such car. Well it was like angels singing when she told Mike Judge that she loved the new Camaro.

We've had a ton of fun with our 45th Anniversay but I see a new SS headed our way.

I too am in love. With my wife and the 6th gen.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #19
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
Some people say GM was lazy and didnt come up with something "new".
I agree with what you said in defense of the new 6th Gen Camaro styling. As far as doing a complete...never before seen...body change, they would have been stupid to do that. SO MANY people love the body style of the 5th Gen that coming up with something completely new could have been a disaster.

Might sound like a strange example, but remember when the band Meatloaf debuted their first album and it did insanely well (probably better than they had dreamed it would). Well the reason it took so long for them to come out with a second album is simply because their first was a tough act to follow. Had they released a second album after only a year or so had passed, it could have ruined the entire bands career.

So, having said that, if Chevrolet decided to do a complete new style (instead of a polishing of the previous style) to what many consider to be the best Camaro body style to date, they would have killed their sales and you could bet that nobody who owned a 5th Gen would trade up to a 6th Gen. It could also have made used 5th Gen sales be better than new 6th Gen sales.

The 6th Gen Camaro really is new from the ground up and so many parts (that you can't see) have been re-engineered to be lighter and stronger. I even love the new features (like built in WiFi) and the design of the interior is just fabulous. Two other interior designs that I just have to mention loving are the push button start (just keep the fob in your pocket and put your foot on the brake and press a button), and the electronic emergency brake (no more bar to lift up into place, it's now just a button).

I wonder if these Camaro's will still have remote control starts as a standard feature from the factory. I'd like to see the feature where you hold down the unlock button, on the fob, and the windows go down too.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #20
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
I too like the new handbrake and push button start.
What im not liking is the complexity of these systems. But. All cars get increasingly complicated so thats something i worry about in all new cars.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #21
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbtwilli View Post
I popped open the fuel door to make sure that the little hook to hang the gas cap on was there. Wait. What? No hook. And then I noticed no gas cap. Just one of the changes on the spectacular new Camaro.

My wife really likes cars but has never before said I love such and such car. Well it was like angels singing when she told Mike Judge that she loved the new Camaro.

We've had a ton of fun with our 45th Anniversay but I see a new SS headed our way.

It was great seeing you, Mike, Al, Scott and the Camaro 5/6 staff. Just a great time!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #22
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbtwilli View Post

I'm glad you were able to attend the reveal! It must have been a really cool experience! I too am in love with my wife and the 6th gen! I really miss my Big Red and hanging out with you guys, but, maybe, there will be a 6th gen in my garage sometime next year! I just need to get my wife as in love with the Camaro as I am, lol!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #23
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
It's amazing how GM was able to meld the 5th gen with the new Corvette. I like it, and I like how it represents as a new Camaro without making the last one look "old". They stand as two different cars with a family heritage, and both look great.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #24
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I agree with what you said in defense of the new 6th Gen Camaro styling. As far as doing a complete...never before seen...body change, they would have been stupid to do that. SO MANY people love the body style of the 5th Gen that coming up with something completely new could have been a disaster.

Might sound like a strange example, but remember when the band Meatloaf debuted their first album and it did insanely well (probably better than they had dreamed it would). Well the reason it took so long for them to come out with a second album is simply because their first was a tough act to follow. Had they released a second album after only a year or so had passed, it could have ruined the entire bands career.

So, having said that, if Chevrolet decided to do a complete new style (instead of a polishing of the previous style) to what many consider to be the best Camaro body style to date, they would have killed their sales and you could bet that nobody who owned a 5th Gen would trade up to a 6th Gen. It could also have made used 5th Gen sales be better than new 6th Gen sales.

The 6th Gen Camaro really is new from the ground up and so many parts (that you can't see) have been re-engineered to be lighter and stronger. I even love the new features (like built in WiFi) and the design of the interior is just fabulous. Two other interior designs that I just have to mention loving are the push button start (just keep the fob in your pocket and put your foot on the brake and press a button), and the electronic emergency brake (no more bar to lift up into place, it's now just a button).

I wonder if these Camaro's will still have remote control starts as a standard feature from the factory. I'd like to see the feature where you hold down the unlock button, on the fob, and the windows go down too.
These are my feeling head on. I love the looks of the Gen5 and the Gen6 just enhanced it more. There will still be no doubt when you see this car that it's a Camaro. Can't say that with the new Mustang. Plus I can't think of any company that had a best selling car and totally change it after only 5 years. Having a similar look but with more power, better handeling, and a awesome interior just makes it that much better.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #25
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nice wall "o" text there spike! Lol

Next time you're driving me around all weekend in your sixth gen!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #26
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I'm glad you were able to attend the reveal! It must have been a really cool experience! I too am in love with my wife and the 6th gen! I really miss my Big Red and hanging out with you guys, but, maybe, there will be a 6th gen in my garage sometime next year! I just need to get my wife as in love with the Camaro as I am, lol!
We miss you Mike. Best of luck on that 6th gen.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #27
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
One other thing that I wanted to mention is how ingenious Chevrolet was to premier this 6th Gen Camaro about half a year before you could actually buy one.

If they had released it on the Chevrolet website, let's say a week before they would be ready to sell, many people's opinions may very well have been: "I don't know, maybe I'll wait a while" (or something similar).

But by releasing it early, so people could see it on Chevy's website, and they could see YouTube videos on it, and they could come into this forum and talk about it, and find more information every time they look on other sites, etc... It's building up such a desire for it that people will be so ready buy the time they can buy one that I think they will even sell more of them.

It's almost like as each day passes the new Camaro gets more and more awesome. I heard recently that there is an available wireless charging pad for cell phones that you can get in the 6th Gen. Just place your phone on it while driving and it's charging. Why is that amazing? Because in addition to not having to fuss with a cable, if you have music on your phone and you've synced it with your stereo using Bluetooth, you can play the music off of your phone through your speakers and you won't be using up battery while you do it.

This car just keeps getting better and better.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #28
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Spike, a very nice and concise article about the new car. I completely understand your "lust" for the C7 Stingray. I lusted after the stripper as well but I brought her home with no regrets. My 2012 ZL1 wasn't real happy with her new bunk mate but they have stopped bickering about garage space for the moment. The one question I have for you is about the seats. You said that the sixth gen. has better bolstering and holds you better. Is that better than the stock fifth gen. seats? and, are they better than then the fifth gen. Recaro seats? Thanks i appreciate the feedback.