Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
SE Fest Caravan Assistance (Items needed!!!)

I want to see if anyone has stock wheels and tires sitting in their garage that they would be willing to have transported to the fest and back just in case someone (possibly yourself) has a blowout on the way there or back.

I'm going to be bringing just about every tool I own along with a couple air compressors, a generator, and a welder, not to mention the recovery equipment (tow straps, tie downs, winches, jumper cables, booster pack, tire patch equipment, spare fuel, etc). I know there's a few other guys that will be bringing trucks and trailers with equipment as well to help out any stranded camaro owners along the way.

so in addition to spare wheels, we'll probably need some other stuff that I can't think of off hand right now. Feel free to post up your ideas on things we might need in the event of a breakdown and lets see if we can make sure that if something happens during the fest, we can get everyone and their car home safely.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I think you covered it all pretty well!! Only thing that I see that is missing which I'm sure is self explanatory is a lug wrench.

I don't really have anything to bring that would help...that you haven't covered.

Good idea on the thread Spike.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I think you covered it all pretty well!! Only thing that I see that is missing which I'm sure is self explanatory is a lug wrench.

I don't really have anything to bring that would help...that you haven't covered.

Good idea on the thread Spike.

thanks. 100 views and only one reply

I like to be prepared for just about anything that may come up. I'd really like to have a couple sets of stock wheels just in case. I know there are a lot of members with aftermarket wheels/tires on their cars that would be SOL if something happened on the way.

also, I would like to know who has walkie talkies/cb's/etc and what model (if possible) that will be bringing them. I'll have a handfull of my own to hand out to some people, so we can minimize time on cell phones while driving if at all possible.

Not to mention, we are going to have to orchestrate some multi-car passing jobs as well where someone blocks traffic so everyone can change lanes together.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I have some thoughts after doing the Hot Rod Power Tour. The radios are a great idea if you all are close enough to each other and have the radios with more than 8 channels. The reception we had with our radios was spotty, but at least we knew that someone wanted to talk to us. I have 4 radios for the Thursday group if needed. If you have bluetooth, that is pretty convenient to use. I saw a lot on my 4,000 mile trip on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Some things to think about are which car gets the least gas mileage, as they will need to stop more often for fuel. We had one car that got 12 MPG with a 12 gallon tank. Hopefully all the cars in the SE caravan will have bigger gas tanks, but don't know what kind of mileage some of the "supercars" get. I got somewhere between 26 and 28 on the highway with mine. Y'all will need to allow time for construction sites too. We hit lots of construction along the way. It is summer, after all I also will have extra tires, but no wheels. I have tires that I've purchased for when mine go.....

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I have some thoughts after doing the Hot Rod Power Tour. The radios are a great idea if you all are close enough to each other and have the radios with more than 8 channels. The reception we had with our radios was spotty, but at least we knew that someone wanted to talk to us. I have 4 radios for the Thursday group if needed. If you have bluetooth, that is pretty convenient to use. I saw a lot on my 4,000 mile trip on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Some things to think about are which car gets the least gas mileage, as they will need to stop more often for fuel. We had one car that got 12 MPG with a 12 gallon tank. Hopefully all the cars in the SE caravan will have bigger gas tanks, but don't know what kind of mileage some of the "supercars" get. I got somewhere between 26 and 28 on the highway with mine. Y'all will need to allow time for construction sites too. We hit lots of construction along the way. It is summer, after all I also will have extra tires, but no wheels. I have tires that I've purchased for when mine go.....
spare tires don't do much unless you have a mounting and balancing machine in the back of the car to put them on the wheels...

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have an extra set of rims and tires I will bring 1 of each just so I have room in my car. they do not have tps in them
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I have some Cobra walkie talkies...but I think I might invest in some good quality 30 or so mile ones so reception won't be bad.

Mine work good about 2-3 cars back... Good for the other person following me but no so much for our big group.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #8
ken53007

I plan to buy some also
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
I have an extra set of rims and tires I will bring 1 of each just so I have room in my car. they do not have tps in them
are you going with the wednesday crowd or the thursday crowd?
if you are coming with the wednesday crowd, maybe we can work something out to pick up your wheels ahead of time if its alright with you and load them in the truck/trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I have some Cobra walkie talkies...but I think I might invest in some good quality 30 or so mile ones so reception won't be bad.

Mine work good about 2-3 cars back... Good for the other person following me but no so much for our big group.
yeah, the big thing with walkie talkies is that when using them inside the car, the glass acts as a huge barrier to the signal.

I'm working on getting some LMR's for myself and the group leaders to stay in contact

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 06-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
ken53007

That's cool how are would you like to meet up?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
That's cool how are would you like to meet up?

Not going to be able to make it down there. From the looks of things, even if we split the distance, it would still be a 4hr round trip for both of us. Thanks for the offer tho.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Not going to be able to make it down there. From the looks of things, even if we split the distance, it would still be a 4hr round trip for both of us. Thanks for the offer tho.
Ken, If you and some of the atlanta folks can get them to Knoxville, you can put the wheels/tires in my trailer for the rest of the trip.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote