Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Paint Fusion?

Hi Guys,

My ride is coming in tomorrow and I was offered a "nano paint fusion" to be done at the price of $500 (he said it was marked down from 750). From what I was told it basically just fill in the pores in the paint and makes it very shiny looking, and helps protect it in the rain/snow. He said I would be able to feel the difference on the paint by touching it.

Do you think this is worth it? Has anybody else heard about this before? I was thinking about getting a clear bra a while ago and will this work in similar fashion?
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
oh hell no tell them to shove it, and just buy some adams products and save about 400 bucks
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
oh hell no tell them to shove it, and just buy some adams products and save about 400 bucks
This is in line to what the GM from my dealer actually said to me. I asked him for his opinon on the matter and he said that it's good for people over 60 that don't feel like putting in the work in maintaining the exterior of the car. He said I could buy something similar and for a much cheaper price over the counter. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something worthwhile.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post

While i would agree about declining .Your estimate of Adams products to keep up on the vehicle is way low.

My Premium Adams PC kit came in at over $500.

Yes my car still looks showroom new after being an every day driver but, it isn't as cheap as $100 to do so.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
This is in line to what the GM from my dealer actually said to me. I asked him for his opinon on the matter and he said that it's good for people over 60 that don't feel like putting in the work in maintaining the exterior of the car. He said I could buy something similar and for a much cheaper price over the counter. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something worthwhile.
What it is is a sealant... there are a number of them that will out perform what they use in the range of $20-$30 for enough to do multiple applications yourself.

What they're really selling you (and don't explain it unless you read the fine print) is a warranty. That warranty requires you to come back at a regular interval (usually 4-6 months) to the dealer for a refresh coat. You miss that timeframe they void the warranty and you paid $500 for a kid in the back of the dealership to apply wax to your car.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I got suckered into a similar package in my State-of-Euphoria when i bought my car. Luckly I was able to get a full refund.

Beyond wanting to do the cleaning and waxing myself, I didn't know how their product would react with other products. Then you have to think about "when to bring the car in". I would never apply a product on a non-fresh washed car. So do you wash it then bring it in?

I would stay invest that money on a good wash and wax kit from Adam's and watch the junkman videos. Oh and call them and tell them not to wash it. Do it yourself after watching the videos.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
BlkBty

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
Hi Guys,

My ride is coming in tomorrow and I was offered a "nano paint fusion" to be done at the price of $500 (he said it was marked down from 750). From what I was told it basically just fill in the pores in the paint and makes it very shiny looking, and helps protect it in the rain/snow. He said I would be able to feel the difference on the paint by touching it.

Do you think this is worth it? Has anybody else heard about this before? I was thinking about getting a clear bra a while ago and will this work in similar fashion?
For that price, Go buy the Adams Junkman kit and do it yourself..
As you can see in my pic, the car is dirty and still glows with Adams product..
BlkBty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
GPC1

Drives: Camaro SS
I would not recommend it
GPC1 is offline   Reply With Quote