Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #1
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman's, The Mother of All "How to Fix Your Paint for Novices" Thread

That's right boys and girls, The Junkman has went and made paint correction so easy, a caveman could do it! In the following video, I cover the entire process from start to finish.

This use to be a 5-part video series but I accidentally deleted the videos. I immediately was bombarded with request to reup those videos so I got them back and created ONE video with even more detail in the form of annotations that I have added to the video. Even though the videos were originally recorded back in 2012, the information contained within is still relevant to correcting your paint.

If you have ever been apprehensive about using a machine to rid your paint of scratches and swirls, you will definitely not be worried after watching this video series. I break it down to a level where a 10 year old can watch these videos and start fixing paint. The supplies and equipment that I use are readily available in the USA and abroad (for the most part). If you have a serious desire to finally fix your paint and about 1 hour and 54 minutes, then this video series is totally for you. After you have watched this series, you will not believe how easy I have made this.

So sit back and get out some popcorn, kick up your feet and enjoy. The Junkman is about to burst onto your screen in a way that only the Junkman can!

Here are your before and after shots, which won't make a lot of sense until you have watched the videos, especially when you see how the number "2" ended up in the paint!

BEFORE...

AFTER...

Here's your video:

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:51 PM   #2
phoenix78

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS (A6 Ashen Gray)
Hey, just wanted to drop by to say thanks so much for working on this!
Mod list: GPI SS3 camshaft (VVT delete), ZL1 Fuel Pump, FIC 60 lb injectors, Tru-Cool 40k tranny cooler, Circle D 3600 triple disc (billet flexplate), GPI Rod Mod, Bo White ported TB, Variant Helium wheels, Continental ECS 02 tires, CAI cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ high flow cats, Ridetech HQ coilovers, BMR sway bars, BMR delrin subframe bushings, Hendrix offset poly diff bushings, Borla S-Type axle-back exhaust, Holley EFI Fuel Rails, Elite Engineering E2 catch can, Umbra LED Taillights, Kenwood DMX9707S head unit, some minor interior/exterior appearance mods.

phoenix78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:56 PM   #3
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I've watched many of his videos and they're excellent.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:43 PM   #4
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix78 View Post
Hey, just wanted to drop by to say thanks so much for working on this!
The pleasure was mine, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I've watched many of his videos and they're excellent.

Old 03-13-2024, 07:53 PM   #5
FASTFATBOY

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I taught myself how to do paint correction watching his vids, when most of his original vids disappeared I asked him to put them back up because I refer a lot of people to his page on YouTube.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:10 PM   #6
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Wow! Can't believe he's still active on the forum. I learned to polish a car using his videos.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:26 PM   #7
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Well, I wouldn't say I'm still active but I do respond to my threads. So much has changed in my life now that I no longer have time to frequent forums. I am a Yoruba Chief now in Nigeria, working toward helping those who are not as fortunate as I. Things that were important to me years ago are not so much, as I have found a different calling in life. For me, it's about the betterment of the youth who look up to me. Seeing a smile on their faces and knowing that I have made a difference in their lives is what drives me now.