Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
Camaroman2012

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS AGM
2012 Camaro window index fix

I disconnected my battery to install my CAI, but when I reconnected the battery, the drivers window would not index. The information display would tell me to roll the drivers side window down, then back up. I did this but message remained and window still would not index. After a few up and downs of the passenger side window, it then decided to stop indexing as well. I looked on here and seen the fix listed here, so I decide to try following one step on here, and what the message center stated to do. So, .......

1. Open drivers door. (may not be needed)
2. Turn ignition to the "ON" position. Do not start the vehicle.
3. Close the drivers door.
4. Roll drivers side window all the way down, then roll it all the way back up, but continue to hold the switch in the up position until you hear a "click" come from the window. It was quick, about three seconds. The message on the information screen immediately went away.

For the passenger side, I did the same procedure immediately after doing the drivers side window, with one exception, I did not do "step 1" on the passenger side and it worked as well. Again, As soon as I did the drivers side, I then opened the passenger window all the way open, then closed it all the way, continuing to hold the switch in the up position until I heard the click (about three seconds).

I then turned off the ignition, open and closed the drivers door, and voila, the window indexes fine now. Then tested the passenger door, and it worked beautifully as well.

Thanks for everyone posting helpful stuff on here. I was getting frustrated and worried and then wised up and decided to do a google search on this issue, which brought me to Camaro5. I should have really wised up and checked on here first.
Camaroman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
I did not disconnect my battery,but it did crank a bit slower from not driving it much this past month.Anyways,got the dic message about drive rside window.Did the window down and up thing and held the button til' message went away,did not hear a click though.Got out ,closed door,window indexed properly..Thanks.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I printed this out just in case. And wouldn't you know it I use it three times.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #18
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is an old thread but I have to revive it and say thank you. I disconnected my battery to do my headers and my window wouldn't up passed halfway. I did the recommended steps and now it's up. Thanks again tag you saved me from a heart attack.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
wc130pilot

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS Summit White A6
Disconnected the battery to install the console gauges on my 2011 1LT RS and upon reconnection the DIC displayed the message to put the Drivers window down and the up. That did not clear the problem However, I did as OKCwhiteKnight suggested and held the button until I heard the click and now both widows index properly.

Thanks for everyone's research on this.
wc130pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #20
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Used Method 2 after my battery was disconnected. Sooo Easy!!! Thanks Tag Ur It!

Once again, Camaro5 coming to the rescue!
LastGen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #21
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
I tried resetting my battery with no luck.... Unplugging the door harness did the trick. Thank u sooo much. Saved me an expensive dealership trip and half a day off work.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #22
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
I'm going to try this tonight and see if resetting the indexing fixes the wind noise I get from the driver's side window. It's already been to the dealership for weatherstrip replacement.

Now, back to looking for threads on headliner removal so I can cleanly route my Gen5DIY Home Link Harness.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #23
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
I tried both methods several times but no results. Any other tips?

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #24
Agicon1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
WOOPS! Got it fixed. Took out the 1D part. Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes you read things 5 times and still don't catch it.

lol...thanks!

I need help what's 1D? Or 1A what is that or where is it located
Agicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #25
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
METHOD 1: (Use this plan!!!)
1-A. Open the car door which needs to have the window adjusted. Turn the ignition to the run mode. Do one door at a time !!!

1-B. In the door jam, release the harness from the door (with a medium screwdriver, pull up the release tab, pull off w/ the palm of your hand, and pull the harness off the door for a minimum of 60 seconds (this is very important as the memory will be lost).

1-C. Reconnect the door harness and lock the tab back down. Close your car door.

1-D. The DIC will ask you to lower your door glass.

1-E KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS ONCE THE GLASS IS DOWN. ROTATE YOUR FINGER TO THE UP POSITION AND HOLD FOR 4 SECONDS ONCE WINDOW IS AT THE TOP.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #26
Agicon1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Still don't work I bought a new motor and tires these methods and still won't work
Agicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:13 AM   #27
Silvers Snail

Drives: 2011 2LT convertible A6
I have a convertible, and I have to pull my handle and wait a second for the window to drop before I can open the door. Will this solve the problem of having to wait to open my door?
Silvers Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:24 AM   #28
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers Snail View Post
I have a convertible, and I have to pull my handle and wait a second for the window to drop before I can open the door. Will this solve the problem of having to wait to open my door?

Unfortunately this is not a problem - it is by design. The window drops a bit to not rub on the roof when the door is opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk