Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #43
2camaro 1st/s

Drives: 2010 ibm 2ss/rs///67rsss
wow did not know this was an ongoing problem---------my doors started locking at random times for about last 2 months----2010 ss ----no one seems to have found an answer?????
Old 09-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #44
jjanders0

Drives: Imperial Blue LS
Add me to the list. My 2010 just randomly started doing this a couple of weeks ago. The first time it happened I was sitting in my car with the key fob in my pocket and thought that I might have accidentally hit the "lock" button. I park in the garage at home and never lock the my car door if the garage is closed nor do I leave the keys in the car even when parked in the garage. The next morning I come out to get in the car and the door is locked. This past weekend..same thing. I was running errands and stopped at home for an hour between errands. Left the car unlocked only to come back to a locked vehicle after just an hour away. I'm hoping someone finds a fix for this.

Last edited by jjanders0; 09-10-2018 at 03:29 PM.
jjanders0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #45
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjanders0 View Post
Add me to the list. My 2010 just randomly started doing this a couple of weeks ago. The first time it happened I was sitting in my car with the key fob in my pocket and thought that I might have accidentally hit the "lock" button. I park in the garage at home and never lock the my car door if the garage is closed nor do I leave the keys in the car even when parked in the garage. The next morning I come out to get in the car and the door is locked. This past weekend..same thing. I was running errands and stopped at home for an hour between errands. Left the car unlocked only to come back to a locked vehicle after just an hour away. I'm hoping someone finds a fix for this.
What do you have the Auto Door Unlock set to ? Try setting it to All Doors
Auto Door Unlock allows selection of which of the doors will automatically unlock when the vehicle is shifted into Park(automatic transmission) or when the key is removed from the ignition (manual transmission).

On the turn signal stalk press the MENU/SELECT knob, when Auto Door Unlock is highlighted on the DIC, turn the knob to select All Doors, Driver Door, or Off
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #46
jjanders0

My Auto Door Unlock is controlled through the radio and it's been set to All Doors since 1 week after I took ownership of my vehicle 8 years ago. On the 2010s at least, the Auto Door Unlock only affects what the doors do when the car is either sitting or shifted into "Park". Either it will unlock All Doors, Only The Driver Side Door, or neither door if set to "Off".

As I mentioned before, I left the car unlocked and went inside my home with the key and fob. When I came back out the car doors had locked themselves with no input from me or the fob. Also, it happened again today while I was eating lunch outside. I sat at table near where I was parked but left the car unlocked and keys in my pocket. 15 minutes later, I hear the car lock itself.

Last edited by jjanders0; 09-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #47
jjanders0

Now..to add a new twist to the situation, my car has started locking the door automatically the moment after opening the door. If I just happen to get back into the car before the doors have a chance to lock themselves, the moment I pull the door handle, the doors lock themselves upon opening.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:02 AM   #48
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Continuing a long running thread, but has anyone ever came up with a solution to this other than taking the key with you or leaving windows down? My 2010 has started this in the last few months. Maybe just a coincidence but it started about the same time as when I pulled the dash to install HUD around the first of the year.
gtstorey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #49
jderose75

Drives: 2013 Camaro V6 2LT
I have 2013 Chevy Camaro LT. The way I solve the problem is to go into your radio setting and go into configuration then scroll down to vehicle setting. Then go to "Auto Door Lock". Then click the check mark on "All Doors". What happens now is when you put the car on park all the doors will unlock and when you put the car on drive all the the doors automatically locks. Conduct this function with the car engine on. This method has work for me and the problem is now solve.
jderose75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:16 PM   #50
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Disconnect the battery cables. Short them together for 15 minutes.Re-attach the battery cables to the battery.This will reset Remote Control Door Lock Receiver.
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:52 PM   #51
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
My car has been doing this for about a year now. I will try the battery cable method, hopefully that fixes it.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:29 AM   #52
King2011RS

Drives: Camaro RS
D@mn Door Locks

Happens randomly in mine also.
King2011RS is offline   Reply With Quote