Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-27-2017, 04:47 AM   #29
ThrashMetalGuy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black
Window Index Problem after Battery Replacement

Did a battery replacement yesterday and the driver side window wasn't going all the way up. I freaked out a little bit but found this post and used Method #1 and it worked. Thank you for this post and what a great help.
ThrashMetalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #30
KickerZ71

Drives: Camaro SS
I replaced my battery this year when the car came out of hibernation. When I installed the new battery my driver window wouldn't close completely. I tried this method with the added step on removing the power window fuse in the engine bay, this did the trick.
KickerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #31
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Thank you for the information. I just replaced my battery, and I did not know about this. This is pretty gay that you have to do this, but at least you wonderful people are out there to help.
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #32
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Old thread, I know, but is this something that WILL happen when you disconnect your battery to work on the car/reset engine codes?
Old 05-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #33
walkerheaders

Drives: 2023 1SS Radiant A10 63 427 Impala
THANKS GUYS

glad this old thread was revived and I found it. old thread yes, but the problem is new to me. Simply driving home today in my 15 RS and the message popped up. I followed instructions when I stopped but to no avail. THEN....read the part about HOLDING the button down for 6 seconds then, HOLDING UP for 6 seconds. I did actually hear something in the door both moves. message went off and I verified express up function and indexing. it is working properly now. again.......thanks.
walkerheaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:01 AM   #34
ACEPA
3 Camaro man!

Drives: Camaro 2.0 T
Window recalibrate

My battery went flat leaving my driver window down from the closed position by 1 inch. This site proposes method 1 but tell me how the ignition gets turned on twice without being turned off ?

Follow these steps starting with step 1. If step 1 does not work for you, move on to step two. Step 1 should remedy the issue. If step 1 and 2 do not work, it's quite possible that the shop will need to perform step 3...which I won't post due to the fact they need to use a scanner on the car. ...ie: can't do it at home!

First, you may need to relearn or re-normalize IF....

1. The battery has been disconnected or replaced (winter storage may be a problem for some)

2. The door or motor harness has been disconnected.

3. Glass is out of alignment

4. When the door or door window glass has been replaced

5. When a regulator has been replaced

METHOD 1: (Use this plan!!!)
1-A. Open the car door which needs to have the window adjusted. Turn the ignition to the run mode. Do one door at a time !!!

1-B. In the door jam, release the harness from the door (with a medium screwdriver, pull up the release tab, pull off w/ the palm of your hand, and pull the harness off the door for a minimum of 60 seconds (this is very important as the memory will be lost).

1-C. Reconnect the door harness and lock the tab back down. Close your car door.

1-D. The DIC will ask you to lower your door glass.

1-E KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS ONCE THE GLASS IS DOWN. ROTATE YOUR FINGER TO THE UP POSITION AND HOLD FOR 4 SECONDS ONCE WINDOW IS AT THE TOP.

OTHER FUNCTIONS MAY APPEAR IN YOUR DIC BEFORE YOU ARE ASKED TO PROGRAM THE WINDOWS. This is normal

Window is now reprogrammed, Repeat to the other door glass.

However, sometimes the door glass regulator does not always relearn on the first attempt. If when you open the door and the door glass does not drop down to the open door position, your window regulator did not relearn or re-normalize...in which case, you are going to need to drop the glass back down, unplug the harness and try again. Yes, it can be picky sometimes and not want to work on the first time.

If Step 1 did not work, you may attempt this method. Also, if you made glass positioning adjustments, this might also be a fix.
ACEPA is offline   Reply With Quote