Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-15-2023, 10:38 AM   #15
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
If OP is serious this time, he should specify the price range which might be a major constrain.
well the thing is i was about to spend $37k(out the door) on a 1lt but if im going to spend that much, might as well find an SS for a decent price, i may spend the same or 10% more, but we will see

MSRP - $33,420
taxes - $2,269.40(7%)
dealer fee - $995
registration fee - $650(new tag)
battery tax - $6.50
one time state fee - $50
grand total - $37,390.90
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:50 AM   #16
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
I would recommend buying a turbo 4 cyl or V6 or something similar, if it saves you a lot of money upfront.

I like how you are being patient with your buy (assuming the poster saying you have been looking for a year, is correct).

Don't let folks discourage you. The path to long term financial happiness is built on patience. It definitely helps to take your time when buying a high-priced product, putting off the purchase or even deciding not to buy since your finances dont support it.

Enjoy the journey.
i know, thanks, thats why i want to find an SS and not get the 1lt i want, i may get a better job in the future, but the average LT is not so special and people are just jealous on how well i know my GM/camaro
Old 05-15-2023, 10:51 AM   #17
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
OP has been looking for a car ~ 1 year... with multiple posts here... don't waste your time replying until his parents can buy him a car
oh its been more than a year my friend, try 5 years
Old 05-15-2023, 10:52 AM   #18
vj123

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
well the thing is i was about to spend $37k(out the door) on a 1lt but if im going to spend that much, might as well find an SS for a decent price, i may spend the same or 10% more, but we will see
If you are planning to keep the vehicle longer, i would go with the brand new LT1 over a used SS. I am not comfortable buying a used performance vehicle unless i know the complete history of the vehicle by personally talking to the owner.
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:54 AM   #19
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
OP has been looking for a car ~ 1 year... with multiple posts here... don't waste your time replying until his parents can buy him a car
you know what my guy thats not kool im trying
my best here, if you have advice to share, great, if not, leave me alone
Old 05-15-2023, 11:01 AM   #20
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
If you are planning to keep the vehicle longer, i would go with the brand new LT1 over a used SS. I am not comfortable buying a used performance vehicle unless i know the complete history of the vehicle by personally talking to the owner.
i know what you mean, but if there is a bad background of the car, forget about it and i can get a warranty with it, if the car is eligible and i dont find LT1 attractive and its double from my 1lt that i wanted to build, if new
Old 05-15-2023, 11:02 AM   #21
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302crossram View Post
lock it down
lock what down
Old 05-15-2023, 11:26 AM   #22
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
OP has wasted alot of forum members time and suggestions over the years with the same ol tired questions. Get your parents to buy you a car please
Old 05-15-2023, 11:42 AM   #23
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
OP has wasted alot of forum members time and suggestions over the years with the same ol tired questions. Get your parents to buy you a car please
ok, whos peoples time am i wasting, really, and dont people have better things and responsibilities to do than listen to me, like OMG, this is a place to kill time and get info and if people dont want to waste their time with me, dont talk to me
Old 05-15-2023, 12:08 PM   #24
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
ok, whos peoples time am i wasting, really, and dont people have better things and responsibilities to do than listen to me, like OMG, this is a place to kill time and get info and if people dont want to waste their time with me, dont talk to me
Old 05-15-2023, 12:12 PM   #25
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
You selling your car again? Didn't you list it in the classifieds a while back and then decide against it...?
Was more playing, this guy has been "buying a Camaro" for well over a year, but if someone wants to give me $55k, I probably would part with my car since I hardly ever drive it...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 12:25 PM   #26
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
He is fishing again. But at least he started his own thread.
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:07 PM   #27
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I was kind of looking forward to seeing that car built after all this time.

Either way, to fit all the criteria you mentioned.

2020 and newer (not all 2020’s) for bumper-bumper warranty.

2017 and newer (not all 2017’s) for powertrain warranty.

2016-2018 are the same cars, 2017 added teen driver mode and 2018 added a washer fluid sensor. You gamble with the A8 shudder with those years, if the TQ is too damaged then you’re stuck with replacing it even with multiple trans flushes.

Quote:
well the cooling is important to me, just a basic 1SS, the black wheels, black interior, preferably garnet red exterior (not red hot) or mosaic black (not regular black) not silver, the hyper blue is decent (ice blue is bad) grey is ok, yellow is too loud of a color, krypton is cool, crush is decent, white is white, the short-lived dark green is really awesome

also i want to find a car that is warranty eligible

that's pretty much it
Here’s all the colors that ran throughout the 6th Gen. The lower run year colors are obviously harder to find, some colors you may never see (the one time I saw a Blue Velvet Metallic in person since the 6th gen came out)

The typical 2019+ received A10 transmission/refresh/system update.

All SS’s have differential oil coolers (take a look here). LT1 do not have the extra cooling on the front sides if you did not know.

I will say the biggest issue today is the price for a 2019+ SS will not be under $35k at a dealer or the majority of third-party sales. LT1 trim is easier to get within that price but they’re pretty high as well.

Quote:
thanks bro, I know the model year is on its way out, and who knows what's instore for 2024, and case in point I found a 2016 1SS in blue velvet with some front-end pdamage, in Texas but they guarantee the cars that are sold instead of "as is" and having a piece of crap and the dealer wash their hands with it.

https://www.carmax.com/car/24232655
Don’t buy that $35k blue one, front end damage sold as is doesn’t sound trust filling… plus the older model with a carfax history.

Imo, if you truly want something in warranty with the v8, look at the LT1 new and used. It may make better sense to spend the money on a new LT1 or one that’s sitting on the lot.

The cheapest CPO nationwide is a 2021 LT1 and 2018 1SS with 28k and 25k miles respectively at $36k each. CPO is nice with the one year/12k mile bumper warranty and six year/100k mile powertrain. I’d look into those at this CPO search.

Good luck!

And who knows, you might get something before I do
Happiness: Infinite

Last edited by Bumbleboy92; 05-16-2023 at 03:25 AM.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:32 PM   #28
ZED/28

Drives: '69 Camaro LSX/T56 & '14 Z/28 LPE+
Quote:
this sums it all up right here....

if you can't find a car after 5 years, I think you found the problem.... you!

what a waste of time for members giving you advise.

go buy a car

/end
ZED/28 is offline   Reply With Quote