Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-06-2022, 10:43 AM   #15
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
The Hose place you linked to said since I have 8 an fittings I should use 1/2 fuel lines.
No they are actually -8 an nylon braided fuel line. I think that -8 and 1/2" are the same if I'm not mistaken. But when you first pick which hose to use it will ask you got the fuel line size that you want to use
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:02 PM   #16
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
More Power What length did you order? Did it come with the correct ends so it is plug and play? I would run mine like yours with cross over in the back.

Bo that is I believe the C6 Part number and the one I will use if I do just the rail flip which I am assuming that is what you used it for.

Bee The kit you linked to would still need a cross over line I believe and not sure why it is so much more then the kit Morepower linked to.
I compared the kit I used to the one Morepower went with, and they are two different Holley fuel rails.

Mine (HLY-534-210) is "Holley EFI Fuel Rails" which has a description of:
These machined aluminum EFI fuel rails are capable of handling 1,100+ hp engines. They feature a large inner diameter bore to decrease fuel pressure drop and help cancel out back pulses.

Morepower's (SNE-850013) is "Holley Sniper EFI Fuel Rails" and has a description of:
Holley Sniper EFI fuel rails hit the mark every time--on time! It's not enough to shoot fuel to your injectors; the process must be consistent and precise for efficient engine performance. Holley Sniper kits will deliver the performance, and they feature billet aluminum rails with a black anodized finish and a laser-engraved Sniper logo. If your target is the optimum delivery of fuel, equip your manifold with Holley Sniper EFI fuel rail kits.

Here's a picture of everything I had gathered before starting the project:

Name:  2020-02-22_DSC1412.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  590.6 KB

But to answer your question, yes...a crossover line is needed to connect both fuel rails together. I went with a T-fitting on the passenger side so I could continue running the line along the firewall to connect to the factory lines.

This one I took during the install to show how I routed the lines:

Name:  2020-02-23_DSC1426.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  533.4 KB

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:56 PM   #17
Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
When I had the Holley and the Edelbrock fuel rails on my SS I used 6an braided hose.
That's what I'm using too.

Converting AN to standard sizes makes my head hurt, but here's a nice chart:

https://www.dragstuff.com/techarticl...nce-Chart.html

Old 09-18-2022, 07:28 AM   #18
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I decided to just do the flip for now, I have the C6 hose which I bought new. Before releasing the fuel line do or should I release the fuel pressure though the valve on the rail? Also are you guys keeping injectors with cylinder or leaving them where they are on the rail? Thanks
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #19
morepowerjoe

I just wrapped mine with a rag and pulled it a part and left the injectors in place.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Old 09-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #20
Bee

I did use the Schrader valve on the rail to release the pressure. Depending on how long it has been sitting, there may not be that much pressure in the lines. I also left the injectors in place with the cylinder, but its not really necessary. Just make sure the o-rings stay with the injector.

Old 09-18-2022, 09:23 AM   #21
Joe.G

So you guys left injectors in intake? I am add Ported Rod Mod intake at same time.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 09-18-2022, 10:12 AM   #22
morepowerjoe

Quote:
So you guys left injectors in intake? I am add Ported Rod Mod intake at same time.
Are you asking if we left the injectors in while swapping the intake? If so I don't think it really matters but I took the fuel rail off with the injectors on while the intake was still on the engine and putt the rail and injectors back on when the intake was installed back in the engine.

Old 09-18-2022, 10:26 AM   #23
Bee

If I remember correctly, some injectors came out with the fuel rails and others stayed in the intake.

Here's a handy pdf from Tech AFX. It includes everything from the coolant hoses, to EVAP lines, and of course, the fuel rail flip (starting around page 60). Looks like they actually put the injectors into the fuel rail and then push it back into the intake.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Hose Relocation Kit.pdf (5.37 MB, 87 views)

Old 09-18-2022, 11:02 AM   #24
Joe.G

Thank you, I plan to do it in next few weeks when I get a few spare minutes.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-19-2022, 10:41 AM   #25
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I prefer to leave the injectors in the same cylinders and just flip the rail.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:38 PM   #26
Joe.G

Installed the GPI intake and flipped the rail, I did have to take the clip that holds the hard lines to the car off the stud to get the line to fit, it was probably a 1/2 to short.
Attached Images

SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-28-2022, 09:48 PM   #27
Bee

That looks great...nice job!!

Old 09-29-2022, 08:27 AM   #28
Joe.G

I should have left the Drivers side re bracket off, The guides I read said to leave the Drivers side on, Pass side had to be removed for Pressure port clearance. Now I am reading the other can be left off ( I figured it could but didn't ) Can't take it off now because rear intake bolt. Not a big deal but every little bit helps to clean up.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,