Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-10-2022, 08:00 AM   #57
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTX View Post
my brother works for a company that gives the discount, will he be able to give me his discount so i can use it or he will have to buy the car under his name for the code to work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
If his brother “works for a company that gives the discount” and that company is not GM, then he would be talking about the GM Supplier Discount for Friends, not the GM Employee Discount. Big difference.

Requirements to exercise the GM Supplier Discount for Friends are the zip code and date of birth of the person being given the discount. They have to match up at the point of purchase.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 08:07 AM   #58
Slippy

Drives: 22 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
If his brother “works for a company that gives the discount” and that company is not GM, then he would be talking about the GM Supplier Discount for Friends, not the GM Employee Discount. Big difference.

Requirements to exercise the GM Supplier Discount for Friends are the zip code and date of birth of the person being given the discount. They have to match up at the point of purchase.
Great point! https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/?..._LRN_MORE_SUPP
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:09 AM   #59
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

I use the GMS discount site all the time because the company I work for qualifies.

My question is when this discount is used, what does the dealership lose or gain on the deal? I question this because during negotiations a couple months ago I was able to use this discount to knock off some of their dealer add-ons and get the vehicle at MSRP. Basically, not getting the discount but something there had to benefit them to get the knock off the extras.

And why in times like this wouldn't they accept it at all? Especially if they are an MSRP only dealership. Seems like it's no skin off their backs unless of course they have large ADM tacked on.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #60
ACESHI

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidBlueZLE View Post
Thanks for the lead, I messaged him on that site, will be interesting to see if it works out.
He is the real deal. He is getting my code today for my September eta
ACESHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:40 PM   #61
rbiehl

Drives: '23 ZL1 Riverside Blue M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I use the GMS discount site all the time because the company I work for qualifies.

My question is when this discount is used, what does the dealership lose or gain on the deal? I question this because during negotiations a couple months ago I was able to use this discount to knock off some of their dealer add-ons and get the vehicle at MSRP. Basically, not getting the discount but something there had to benefit them to get the knock off the extras.

And why in times like this wouldn't they accept it at all? Especially if they are an MSRP only dealership. Seems like it's no skin off their backs unless of course they have large ADM tacked on.
I don't believe GM makes the dealership whole with the discount. GM does pay the dealership but it doesn't reimburse the entire amount to make the dealer whole to MSRP. A dealer can temporarily make more $$$ by not accepting the discount and selling for MSRP.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
rbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:53 PM   #62
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiehl View Post
I don't believe GM makes the dealership whole with the discount. GM does pay the dealership but it doesn't reimburse the entire amount to make the dealer whole to MSRP. A dealer can temporarily make more $$$ by not accepting the discount and selling for MSRP.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
That's what I thought too until they accepted it and kept the car at MSRP without the addons they insisted on charging for. Confused the hell out of me.