Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Fuel Rail FLip or After Market? C5 or C6 Hose for the flip?

Hi, I know the factory rails can handle a lot of power but this is more for dress up.

If I do the flip do I want C5 Hose OEM 10401798 or

C6Hose OEM 10324452 A lot easier to find used.
I read that it is a tight fit they both appear to be 11.5 inch long from what info i could find, not sure why the different # unless it superseded to it but not seeing that either.

New is expensive but used is not bad.

Or is there a recommended after market kit? I would rather a bolt on kit with out having to make up lines. The flip would be cheaper with used hose. Figured since I'll have intake off now is the time to do it.

Thanks
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:24 PM   #2
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I was originally planning on doing the fuel rail flip, but ultimately went with the Holley EFI Fuel rails instead. The kit (Summit Part# HLY-534-210) comes with everything except the GM fuel adapter (Part# HLY-534-211). Although you would have to cut the lines to length and install the fittings.

In hind sight, I probably should have just bought just the rails instead of the kit, because I routed the crossover line at the back and swapped out the steel braided hose for Earl's UltraPro (PFTE) braided hoses instead. One, because I preferred black over silver and two, I was concerned about getting fuel smells from the steel lines and three, PTFE lines are a lot easier to work with/cut.

I erred on the side of caution and pressure tested all the lines I made before installing them. Earl's makes a test kit that you can connect to the line and use an air compressor. I then placed the line in a bucket of water to make sure there were no bubbles. Once everything was installed, I pressurized the system with fuel and checked for leaks before firing it up.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:05 AM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
10324452 is the one I'm going to use. I've ran one before on my old SS.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 05:21 AM   #4
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I went with this set up from Holley (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sne-850013) and then ordered a line pre made from AN (https://www.anhosefittings.com/?mscl...=AN%20Fittings) Then I rerouted all the hoses with 3/8 fuel line. I stripped the fitting off of the factory evap line and ran 5/16 fuel line from the purge solenoid to the evap line from the tank. I believe that the quick disconnect that I got for the evap line was a 5/16 also with a 45* angle on it and you can find it all over the web. And the quick disconnect that I used for the fuel line was an earl's fitting from Holley. If you like it and need anymore info just ask. Oh and I used the Holley valve covers also.

Name:  20220626_090628.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  331.3 KB
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:31 AM   #5
Joe.G

More Power What length did you order? Did it come with the correct ends so it is plug and play? I would run mine like yours with cross over in the back.

Bo that is I believe the C6 Part number and the one I will use if I do just the rail flip which I am assuming that is what you used it for.

Bee The kit you linked to would still need a cross over line I believe and not sure why it is so much more then the kit Morepower linked to.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 09-06-2022, 09:05 AM   #6
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
More Power What length did you order? Did it come with the correct ends so it is plug and play? I would run mine like yours with cross over in the back.

Bo that is I believe the C6 Part number and the one I will use if I do just the rail flip which I am assuming that is what you used it for.

Bee The kit you linked to would still need a cross over line I believe and not sure why it is so much more then the kit Morepower linked to.
The crossover in the rear comes with the fuel rails, but the main fuel line I think I ordered a 16", was a little tight so maybe a 17". I just used a tape measure to get an estimate. The fuel rail comes with 8 AN fittings so I just went through the building procedure on their site and built a nylon braided 8 AN fuel line with a 90* on one side and a straight fitting on the other end. I believe it was like this (https://www.anhosefittings.com/checkout/cart/). And the quick disconnect is here (https://www.holley.com/products/plum...ts/AT991986ERL)
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Old 09-06-2022, 09:10 AM   #7
Joe.G

Is our stock stuff 3/8?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #8
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Is our stock stuff 3/8?
Yes except for the evap purge line to the purge solenoid, it is 5/16. I know for sure that the quick disconnect side of the fitting is 5/16 but I can't remember if I used a 3/8 fuel hose to connect it to the purge solenoid or not and it needs to have that 45* angle on it for it to allow it to lean over towards the solenoid.

https://www.holley.com/products/plum...ts/AT991986ERL

Old 09-06-2022, 09:28 AM   #9
Joe.G

You did the Purge line to just clean it up a little bit more? Its not something I must do at this time correct?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-06-2022, 09:32 AM   #10
morepowerjoe

Yeah it looks like in my photo it is almost certain that it's 3/8 hose. I just stripped the fitting off of the factory line to reuse with the hose to the quick disconnect. I don't have my car here right now or I would go take a look at it but it's currently in the shop having the engine rebuilt.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #11
morepowerjoe

Quote:
You did the Purge line to just clean it up a little bit more? Its not something I must do at this time correct?
Correct.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:39 AM   #12
morepowerjoe

No I'm sorry I remember now that it was 5/16 hose that I used for the purge line because I remember pacifically buying 5/16 hose.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #13
Joe.G

The Hose place you linked to said since I have 8 an fittings I should use 1/2 fuel lines.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-06-2022, 10:39 AM   #14
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
When I had the Holley and the Edelbrock fuel rails on my SS I used 6an braided hose.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote