#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #71
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
The 2ss doesn't make any sense to me. Add weight to a "track car" . If i want amenities i would just buy a Cadillac cts-v.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #72
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
something interesting to me is in at least one place I've seen that Chevy lists the weights of the 1SS/2SS as the same... so is the weight difference so small that it's negligible or is Chevy just not saying what the weight difference is?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #73
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
With just seeing a few door stickers, a basic stripped 1SS has a GVW of 4440 where as a 1LE is generally 4519ish the same as a 2SS about as high as I've seen, aside from a ZL1, they are more like 4700 plus.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #74
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
The 2SS is a very good option not every one is track focused.... Ilove to track but darn if only i had the bose stereo, interior accents and blind spot.... yes the 1LE is a track car but in my case its also my daily driver... so some of you track at most once a month.... while sacrificing stuff you would use every day... THAT to me is what doesnt make sense.... and going after market you might end up soending more money.

Wish I could’ve waited more when i was searching for a 1LE, but now im stuck since now dealer will want to kill you in trade in since this is a “1SS”

If you dont agree with the 2SS1LE then just get a 1SS no reason to bash this, thats kind of a selfish mentality since for YOUR use the extra stuff is not needed.

For me im glad it costs more only imagine a 2SS 1LE only costs 3-4K then trust me no 1SS 1LE would be sold (maybe to those hardcore road course racers that dont daily the car)
Old 10-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #75
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
I'd have preferred the extra material on the doors, the upper and around the lower. I have added the knee and door pads from the 2ss and that does make it look a bit better.

The extra lighting looks neat too. I wish we could have added just pieces of the 2ss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
The 2SS is a very good option not every one is track focused.... Ilove to track but darn if only i had the bose stereo, interior accents and blind spot.... yes the 1LE is a track car but in my case its also my daily driver... so some of you track at most once a month.... while sacrificing stuff you would use every day... THAT to me is what doesnt make sense.... and going after market you might end up soending more money.

Wish I could’ve waited more when i was searching for a 1LE, but now im stuck since now dealer will want to kill you in trade in since this is a “1SS”

If you dont agree with the 2SS1LE then just get a 1SS no reason to bash this, thats kind of a selfish mentality since for YOUR use the extra stuff is not needed.

For me im glad it costs more only imagine a 2SS 1LE only costs 3-4K then trust me no 1SS 1LE would be sold (maybe to those hardcore road course racers that dont daily the car)
You guys can add the lighting as an accessory at your dealer. But then you better hope they know what they're doing.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #76
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
You guys can add the lighting as an accessory at your dealer. But then you better hope they know what they're doing.
From what i read still wouldnt have the controls on the main screen to change colors... there is an extra color LED on the main screen too that the 1SS doesnt have which in that case main screen only turns on white wile that doors change color... also no lights at the cup holder
Old 10-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #77
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
I have know guys that cut their entire roof out of their 997 GT3's and replaced it with a solid roof just to remove a sunroof and save 12lbs.
There is no way i would pay an extra $5k to $7k for a 2SS. I would have opted for air conditioning, rear seat and stereo delete if it was an option on my 1SS.
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #78
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Quote:
I have know guys that cut their entire roof out of their 997 GT3's and replaced it with a solid roof just to remove a sunroof and save 12lbs.
There is no way i would pay an extra $5k to $7k for a 2SS. I would have opted for air conditioning, rear seat and stereo delete if it was an option on my 1SS.
Would it be you daily driver?
Old 10-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #79
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
something interesting to me is in at least one place I've seen that Chevy lists the weights of the 1SS/2SS as the same... so is the weight difference so small that it's negligible or is Chevy just not saying what the weight difference is?
I know it's going to be slightly different but I don't know how GM does their weight calculations for publication.

Going by 2 vehicles that I have in inventory, ship weight of a 6 speed manual 1SS w/ NPP is 3604 pounds. Ship weight of 6 speed manual 2SS with magnetic ride, NPP and Navigation is 3622 pounds. So, not much difference.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:26 PM   #80
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
With just seeing a few door stickers, a basic stripped 1SS has a GVW of 4440 where as a 1LE is generally 4519ish the same as a 2SS about as high as I've seen, aside from a ZL1, they are more like 4700 plus.
Wait, What? Are those GVW's in lbs? You don't think they actually weigh over 2 tons do you? you're about 1000lbs off.
weight difference between the 2SS and the 1SS is more or less the same, give or take a couple lbs. Ive seen people claim the 2ss has "more sound deadening material." BS, its a Chevy, ive driven a 1ss, its the same car minus the leather seats, which the 1LE already has. Extra weight would come from a sunroof option, and the leather cooled/heated seats. The rest of the car is the same, 1LE cars already have all the 2SS goodies plus the heavy MRC and fat wheels/tires, all they are missing is the interior lighting. No extra electronics, a few LED strips on the interior and their respective harnesses arent going to add enough weight to make a difference. There would be more of a difference in weight if you took a dump.

If you are a crazy race car driver who doesnt care about daily driveability, and wants to save every ounce of weight, you bought the wrong car lol. You want the GT4 R, or a gutted 1ss with race wheels/suspension/full cage.

Last edited by soloknight6; 10-06-2017 at 12:37 PM.
soloknight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #81
GearheadSS

Quote:
Ok but that is you. Just remember that you are one person. There are plenty of people on this forum that have been waiting on a 2SS 1LE. It is a good thing that GM is offering this package on a 2SS. It allows the folks that want a more luxurious daily driver that is capable of hitting the tracks on weekends with almost no modification. Neither the 1SS or 2SS 1LE are all out track cars. They're both for folks that want a daily driver that is track capable.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #82
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Ok but that is you. Just remember that you are one person. There are plenty of people on this forum that have been waiting on a 2SS 1LE. It is a good thing that GM is offering this package on a 2SS. It allows the folks that want a more luxurious daily driver that is capable of hitting the tracks on weekends with almost no modification. Neither the 1SS or 2SS 1LE are all out track cars. They're both for folks that want a daily driver that is track capable.
Like a corvette (or Porche ), plenty of luxury amenities. Sometimes people want a little comfort
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #83
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Wait, What? Are those GVW's in lbs? You don't think they actually weigh over 2 tons do you? you're about 1000lbs off.
weight difference between the 2SS and the 1SS is more or less the same, give or take a couple lbs. Ive seen people claim the 2ss has "more sound deadening material." BS, its a Chevy, ive driven a 1ss, its the same car minus the leather seats, which the 1LE already has. Extra weight would come from a sunroof option, and the leather cooled/heated seats. The rest of the car is the same, 1LE cars already have all the 2SS goodies plus the heavy MRC and fat wheels/tires, all they are missing is the interior lighting. No extra electronics, a few LED strips on the interior and their respective harnesses arent going to add enough weight to make a difference. There would be more of a difference in weight if you took a dump.

If you are a crazy race car driver who doesnt care about daily driveability, and wants to save every ounce of weight, you bought the wrong car lol. You want the GT4 R, or a gutted 1ss with race wheels/suspension/full cage.
Yes, that's why I put GVW.
You have to subtract the weight of occupants and luggage. There's a sticker on the car that tells you the tire pressure and maximum weight you can/should carry.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #84
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Yes, that's why I put GVW.
You have to subtract the weight of occupants and luggage. There's a sticker on the car that tells you the tire pressure and maximum weight you can/should carry.
Clearly, I didnt know what GVW meant. My apologies, thanks for the education Boost Creep!