Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 08-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
EchoSide

Drives: 2016
Possible delays, the UAW may strike in Sept...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...port/31906129/

"The UAW on Tuesday blasted GM for weighing a plan to become the first Detroit automaker to sell a China-made vehicle in the U.S. The Buick Envision, a compact crossover currently assembled at a plant southeast of Beijing, could be sold in the U.S. by late 2016.

The union's public statement makes the compact crossover a key bargaining chip in contract talks. UAW members are expected to vote this month on whether to authorize strikes in the event that negotiators fail to reach accords in September."

Just a FYI...
EchoSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoSide View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...port/31906129/

"The UAW on Tuesday blasted GM for weighing a plan to become the first Detroit automaker to sell a China-made vehicle in the U.S. The Buick Envision, a compact crossover currently assembled at a plant southeast of Beijing, could be sold in the U.S. by late 2016.

The union's public statement makes the compact crossover a key bargaining chip in contract talks. UAW members are expected to vote this month on whether to authorize strikes in the event that negotiators fail to reach accords in September."

Just a FYI...
Oh jeez, hopefully not. Don't get me started on the unions, especially the UAW. This crap should have stopped a long time ago if GM would have filed for bankruptcy in their own, instead of stealing tax payer money, and not all that much has changed with them!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Or one could say: "don't get laborsmith started" just to be fair.

This is an Off Topic discussion that I would be happy to follow once this thread gets moved to a more appropriate section.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
This will teach GM for bring the Camaro back to USA to be made, Brilliant UAW!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
laborsmith

Brought back from Oshawa, whose workers are represented by the Canadian Auto Workers union, and in a country whose labor laws definitely recognize the dignity of the worker and their rights in an organized union.

I said this discussion should be in an off topic section but I am not about to let such calumnies go unanswered.

Any person who is willing to argue unionism is at fault for anything is either management or a fool. I come across a lot of fools in these car forums and it makes me sad that people who mean well are so willing to ignore history's lessons just so they can post stupid comments.

Laborsmith
Old 08-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Brought back from Oshawa, whose workers are represented by the Canadian Auto Workers union, and in a country whose labor laws definitely recognize the dignity of the worker and their rights in an organized union.

I said this discussion should be in an off topic section but I am not about to let such calumnies go unanswered.

Any person who is willing to argue unionism is at fault for anything is either management or a fool. I come across a lot of fools in these car forums and it makes me sad that people who mean well are so willing to ignore history's lessons just so they can post stupid comments.

Laborsmith
Old 08-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Laborsmith
Well I am neither management nor a fool, just a well educated person that does not generally believe in unions, especially when a lot of unions force people to join and have no option to opt out. Most union workers are hard working middle class people, it is management that causes the issues and is involved with all the corruption...ala, Andy Stern and company! Enough said, not looking to argue, just offering my opinion and some facts, everyone is entitled to their views and opinions, I always an open to debate and conversation, no ill will to anyone.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #8
laborsmith

Interestingly I almost affiliated with the SEIU, before Andy Stern, back when Dick Cordtz was the national union's Secretary-Treasurer and John Sweeney was still its President. I think Andy Stern meant well but was afflicted with the same disease all us "do-gooders" seem to habe, which was a fundamental belief that human beings when given a choice will opt for the good. Bad life philosophy but he meant well.

For anyone interested, google Herman Benson and you will find my shining light.

Laborsmith
Old 08-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #9
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Private union= fine
Public union= evil
Private union with government support= nearly as evil as a public union.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #10
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
UAW Strike Thread

Why aren't the "Keepers" of this site watching over their forum? Pros and cons of labor unions can go on forever. Let's just relax and move on.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #11
laborsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
Private union= fine
Public union= evil
Private union with government support= nearly as evil as a public union.

So from what you are saying, a public employee union defending the rights of its members is a bad thing? Interesting, since most public employees, including Federal, work under Civil Service Rules as well as whatever working conditions rules that are part of their Agreement. Civil Service rules can be arcane and sometimes difficult to follow, but exist to protect workers from politics. And for good reason if we want our government employees to be trained and competent. But we only want that if we believe government can serve the purpose of society.

In the US, private sector organizing has followed the decline of the middle class. The middle class in numbers shrinks as well as in income. I should not need to say more.

If not for the efforts of organized labor we would not have health insurance or minimum wages and especially would not have occupational safety laws. Do we need these? Do ducks need to fly when moving from one climate to another?

Laborsmith
Old 08-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #12
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Unions had their time of necessity and justifieable existence...even benefit. That time has since passed. Today they are the epitome of corruption. The "beauty" of a Union is the ability to play a shell-game with the blame for failed policies and money squandering.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:06 PM   #13
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
So from what you are saying, a public employee union defending the rights of its members is a bad thing? Interesting, since most public employees, including Federal, work under Civil Service Rules as well as whatever working conditions rules that are part of their Agreement. Civil Service rules can be arcane and sometimes difficult to follow, but exist to protect workers from politics. And for good reason if we want our government employees to be trained and competent. But we only want that if we believe government can serve the purpose of society.

In the US, private sector organizing has followed the decline of the middle class. The middle class in numbers shrinks as well as in income. I should not need to say more.

If not for the efforts of organized labor we would not have health insurance or minimum wages and especially would not have occupational safety laws. Do we need these? Do ducks need to fly when moving from one climate to another?

Laborsmith
Before spouting off your union propaganda you should do some research. Especially in the subjects of econ and history.

ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #14
Lishka

Drives: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Oh boy....making the popcorn and settling in for this one.....
Lishka is offline   Reply With Quote