Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #57
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No, under warranty you are treated like a prince/princess. And the fit and finish is the industries best. I know this from professional benchmarking of all brands and Audi is by far the best for materials and fit and finish. It's really not worth arguing that point. You may not like the styling, and that's ok. Audis are a bit bland. But they have the best panel fits bar none and materials selection and fit and finish of the interior is better than anything you can find short of true hand made, hand sewn interiors.
In terms of what? Superfluous initial quality reviews of the interior?

Audi's are one of the least mechanically sound vehicles you can buy. They fall apart rapidly. How many Audi's do you see rolling around the road with 100,000+ miles on them? How fast do the values drop after the warranty expires?

That is your answer. What I said has nothing to do with the styling. It has everything to do with the mechanical and electrical components fail at high rates.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #58
Lishka

Drives: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Sound advice if you think a car is "an investment". I will buy a camaro as a toy and do not view it as a financial investment, but rather an investment on enjoying life. All of us have our own priorities, mine are found somewhere between living for today and saving for tomorrow. IMO, anything on either of the extremes is a mistake.
^ So true!
Lishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #59
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Sound advice if you think a car is "an investment". I will buy a camaro as a toy and do not view it as a financial investment, but rather an investment on enjoying life. All of us have our own priorities, mine are found somewhere between living for today and saving for tomorrow. IMO, anything on either of the extremes is a mistake.
Add me to the lists of +1's.

Well said.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #60
Steelcoupe

Drives: Pontiac
So what are the guess's for a convertible 2SS? $57-$59,000? Over $60 w/NPP & MRC?
Steelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #61
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
In terms of what? Superfluous initial quality reviews of the interior?

Audi's are one of the least mechanically sound vehicles you can buy. They fall apart rapidly. How many Audi's do you see rolling around the road with 100,000+ miles on them? How fast do the values drop after the warranty expires?

That is your answer. What I said has nothing to do with the styling. It has everything to do with the mechanical and electrical components fail at high rates.
Did you even read his post? He was quite clear (even somewhat repetitive) when he explained that it was in terms of materials selection, panel gaps, and fit & finish. And its coming from his personal experience while benchmarking competing vehicles for General Motors.

Also, quality & reliability are two different things, especially when its coming from an automotive engineer like Number 3. Essentially, quality is how well made something is while reliability is how long it lasts until it breaks. Its about materials, the processes for joining said materials, and how close to perfect something needs to be before leaving the factory. If something fails months or years later, thats not a quality problem -thats a reliability problem.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #62
77Z85

Drives: 2013 RY SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcoupe View Post
So what are the guess's for a convertible 2SS? $57-$59,000? Over $60 w/NPP & MRC?
LOADED w/tax 61K
77Z85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #63
M12LRV

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Everyone that is concerned about the price but is considering purchasing a 2016 or later model Camaro (or really any GM vehicle) should immediately apply for a GM credit card and join a credit union that offers a $750 GM incentive. (the credit union is just in case you cant get a $1000 private offer) Around Feb each year select GM card members will receive a "top off" which can be as much as $3000 and they will often allow you to use the entire amount towards a new vehicle circumventing the redemption limits that are normally in place. Add to that the $750-1000 Credit Union/Private offer and whatever incentives will be available at the time it could reduce the cost by as much as $5000.

When I purchased my 2014 in October of 2013 I did not have a top off but I had a nearly maxed out Grandfathered GM card (no redemption limits) with $3500 on it and a USAA $750 discount for $4250 in savings. (there were no incentives at the time) I am considering the 6th Gen but it will only coincide with a top off and other incentives. I already have a great 2014 so I can afford to wait.

Just tell yourself no top off no deal, and if you don't get one this coming Feb just keep saving until next Feb and see what the 2017 models offer. I am hoping they add a performance data recorder like the Vette and ATS-V.

How do they calculate the top off amount they give you?
M12LRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #64
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Z85 View Post
LOADED w/tax 61K
If a loaded coupe is $48000, you think a convertible option is $13000?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #65
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Best advise on these forums, no new car is going to ever go up in value. They make way to many of them!! Even my ZL1 is only going to go down in value, I already put 800 miles on it in less than a month.

Only classic cars go up in value, or down. My dad bought his 69 Nova many years ago for 30k, now its worth 40-50k.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #66
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
50k and anything near?

One Word.

Corvette.

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #67
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Did you even read his post? He was quite clear (even somewhat repetitive) when he explained that it was in terms of materials selection, panel gaps, and fit & finish. And its coming from his personal experience while benchmarking competing vehicles for General Motors.

Also, quality & reliability are two different things, especially when its coming from an automotive engineer like Number 3. Essentially, quality is how well made something is while reliability is how long it lasts until it breaks. Its about materials, the processes for joining said materials, and how close to perfect something needs to be before leaving the factory. If something fails months or years later, thats not a quality problem -thats a reliability problem.
Yes, I read his post. He didn't mean mine. Audi's are some of the least reliable cars on the road. Interior quality is meaningless in the context of reliability.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #68
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacraMaro View Post
50k and anything near?

One Word.

Corvette.
Yeah it would be a base corvette with no options start at like $55k. No thanks I'll take a fully loaded 2SS for 7k cheaper.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #69
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
The used market for 1LE and ZL1 is slim pickens...most people didnt trade in these cars..they still have them...lol

2LT v6 is 335hp...thats conservative...remember GM underestimated the HP in the 5th gen when it first came out...

match that with the fact most camaros sold in highly populated areas...where use of anything more than 300hp unless on a track is pretty rare...so...get a fully loaded 2LT v6 for 10k less...throw dual mode on it...and you've got a car that looks better than anything else on the road...does 30mpg on the highway or better...costs less to insure...less on gas...and less to finance

probably the route ill go...unless a used 1LE shows up online that isnt beat to hell

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #70
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
The used market for 1LE and ZL1 is slim pickens...most people didnt trade in these cars..they still have them...lol

2LT v6 is 335hp...thats conservative...remember GM underestimated the HP in the 5th gen when it first came out...

match that with the fact most camaros sold in highly populated areas...where use of anything more than 300hp unless on a track is pretty rare...so...get a fully loaded 2LT v6 for 10k less...throw dual mode on it...and you've got a car that looks better than anything else on the road...does 30mpg on the highway or better...costs less to insure...less on gas...and less to finance

probably the route ill go...unless a used 1LE shows up online that isnt beat to hell
The LGX has been SAE rated. It makes what it is advertised within 1%. Believe the 2010's got changed after they had SAE testing done.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote