Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #15
Lishka

Drives: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
I understand.
Well, if there are any fellow Canadians out there with some advise for this west coast lady, fire away!
Lishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #16
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
Got mine changed. Thanks laborsmith!
Pckrfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #17
DixieTwister

Drives: 6th gen. 2SS (ASAP)
Good morning Guys and Gals, This is my first post to the forum and need a little info. Went to dealer last week to get info on placing order for Gen6. I talked w/ salesman and sales mgr. I knew more than they did and they told me I was the first to inquire about the 2016. I was told to come back on 8/13 or they would call me if they had info sooner. If I went back today could do you think they could write up an order? I will be using GM Family First discount. This is a voluntary program that the dealer does not have to accept, but I have yet to run into one that wouldn't accept it. Already have the GM issued number for that. This is the first time I have ever heard of SRE and TRE. Question is, has anyone encountered any dealers that didn't want to write the order up SRE and does Family First have any bearing on SRE or TRE? Also, has anyone who has placed an order been given any expected build start dates and expected delivery dates? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
DixieTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #18
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Yes you are able to place an order already, like myself and a bunch of others here have done already. 8/13 is the supposed date that orders will be officially into placed status, right now all of the orders, including mine, are in accepted status. My dealer is taking my supplier discount, hopefully GM will not decide that they will not accept supplier pricing for the 6th gen at the start, but my dealer will accept it and we even talked about invoice pricing since I have done a lot of business with them and have purchased most of my vehicles at invoice pricing. As far as start date, nothing in concrete yet, probably sometime in October, rumors have been 2nd or 3rd Monday in October, but it depends on the dealers allocation numbers as well and where you would fall into that. Sounds like you would be #1 on the list, but doesn't mean that your dealer will receive any allocated order slots for the 1st go around. Delivery dates are believed to possibly be sometime in November, but that all depends on when production will start.
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #19
DixieTwister

Thanks for the useful info SS. I really can't see GM putting a premium on the 2SS. Z28 maybe. Writeups I have seen say GM wants to take a real bite out of Mustang sales and if they start adding premiums they can't accomplish that. Competition is still strong. Also, I talked to a Cadillac dealer months ago about the new ATS-V and they weren't adding a premium and were accepting the various GM discounts including Family First. Decided against the ATS-V when I got wind of the changes coming for the Gen.6 Camaro and glad I did. Preciate your feedback.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #20
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I look for pricing to come out near the end of September and am one of those predicting a second or third Monday in October as the official start of regular production date.

Orders are being entered into the system and so far it looks like the cycle starting August 13 will result in orders being pulled by August 18. Yes, this means orders will be pulled before pricing is known.

SRE = Retail Sold and TRE = Retail Stock. There are likely several reasons to be SRE but the most important is Price Protection. Chevy has a proven history of raising prices, one way or another, at least once and sometimes two or three times during a model year.

Allocation is most important if one is ordering a V8 equipped model. Other possible constraints are colors and wheels.

As for program pricing (GMS and GSU) I expect those programs will not kick in for the first several weeks of production, which is normal, but there are exceptions and we won't know until pricing is available. MSRP and GMS pricing are released together, even if GMS is not available.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #21
DixieTwister

Thanks laborsmith, You are another who seems to really be informed about things and I for one really appreciate learning from those in the know like yourself. Preciate it.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #22
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Laborsmith do you think supplier pricing will kick in by the time deliveries start arriving
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #23
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Laborsmith do you think supplier pricing will kick in by the time deliveries start arriving
I really hope so...
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #24
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Hey new to the custom order thing. I am heading in this week to place my order. Going with the 1SS, Garnet Red, Automatic and Performance Exhaust.

From reading here I need to make sure the order goes in as SRE-Retail. What is the Supplier Pricing about? The last time I bought a new car was my 2004 Grand Prix GTP and had a GM family Discount, but since my Grandmother passed 5 years ago this is no more :(

Thanks for any tips!
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #25
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I read the other day you can still use it if you can verify dob and some other items, someone called gm i believe
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #26
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Thanks I'll check it out, It was my Step Grandfather who actually worked for GM he had died in the early 90's.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #27
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
It is the Legacy program. You mat be eligible but you need to find a dealer who accepts Program Pricing to be certain. I admit I do not understand with certainty how it works.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #28
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Thanks! Any other tips or things I should be on the lookout for when placing? I got to admit i'm pretty excited