Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-02-2023, 09:38 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Someone said summer. there is a thread on it somewhere
There is... in the Camaro Price/ Ordering / tracking section where this thread belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblyden20 View Post
I'm not willing to pay that new ZL1 price.
Flip it and make some $$$
Old 07-02-2023, 11:28 PM   #16
JRH11

Drives: Trying to purchase CE 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblyden20 View Post
Good luck to everyone that has a 2024 ordered. I'm looking at placing my order next week but have a couple of questions. How was everyone's ordering process? Did you have to put a large deposit down. My local Chevy dealer is asking for a $3000 deposit because I'm ordering a manual and stated that the final price before taxes, title, and other fees will be $1250 over MSRP. What did you all have to put down? Also, did you all go through your local dealer or did you go through a bigger, more known Chevy dealer? I'm not sure on how Chevy is going to do their allocations. I'm hearing that allocations are issued on Thursdays for particular cars.
Mine did $1000 deposit that will go to the total or I'll get back if Chev doesn't pick up the order, at MSRP with any rebates/incentives available.
JRH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 06:45 PM   #17
Haga1LE

Drives: GMC Sierra
I had one of the dealers tell me they wont refund my deposit if its not picked up and I cancel it because I have multiple orders. They also wanted 5% of the MSRP as the deposit and are known to charge more than MSRP. Definitely not a dealer I want to deal with.

1100 - 6/28/23
Haga1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:22 AM   #18
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga1LE View Post
I had one of the dealers tell me they wont refund my deposit if its not picked up
That's an illegal business practice and you really should call a lawyer. First thing my salesman told me is the down payment of $500 to order the car is 100% refundable if ANYTHING happens to the order, even if they deliver the car and it is missing one option you wanted. You can have your money back.

Their owner and upper level management need to be straightened out.

What's the dealer name, number, and location and the full names of management? They should absolutely be harrassed and denigrated by the public in a public forum.

Keeping money without a product? Last I checked that's theft. If we don't hold dealers like this accountable that just enables every unscrupulous dealer to continue illegal and unethical practices.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:24 AM   #19
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Don’t call a lawyer, just don’t do business with them. Calling a lawyer will do nothing but cost you money.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:51 AM   #20
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Awoke to a wonderful surprise yesterday, my salesman let me know my order was accepted, I am now at code 3000.
I say wonderful, but the jacked up price might just get me divorced, lol.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 10:47 AM   #21
Haga1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
That's an illegal business practice and you really should call a lawyer. First thing my salesman told me is the down payment of $500 to order the car is 100% refundable if ANYTHING happens to the order, even if they deliver the car and it is missing one option you wanted. You can have your money back.

What's the dealer name, number, and location and the full names of management? They should absolutely be harrassed and denigrated by the public in a public forum.

Keeping money without a product? Last I checked that's theft. If we don't hold dealers like this accountable that just enables every unscrupulous dealer to continue illegal and unethical practices.
I'm not too worried about it. I don't like the dealer because they seemed shady the last time I went there. I just told the guy thanks for your time and that was the end of it.

The thing that sucks the most is that they are one of the bigger dealers in Louisville and had a bunch of Corvette sales due to "The Chevy dude". I assumed they would get allocations for the Camaro as well but with their practices I should just steer clear of that one.

1100 - 6/28/23
Old 07-06-2023, 10:53 AM   #22
Haga1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-ACE View Post
Awoke to a wonderful surprise yesterday, my salesman let me know my order was accepted, I am now at code 3000.
I say wonderful, but the jacked up price might just get me divorced, lol.
Congrats! I hope mine gets accepted at some point before they quit making them. Not going to get too excited until its accepted though since the dealers around me dont move the most inventory.

1100 - 6/28/23
Old 07-06-2023, 10:59 AM   #23
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

You only quoted a part of his sentence. The part you quoted would be an illegal practice if the dealer wouldn’t give him his deposit back for THAT reason. What he was saying was if he cancels BECAUSE another dealer got an allocation before the dealer he placed a deposit with, the dealer he cancels with wouldn’t give him his deposit back. While there is some gray area here, the dealer can say “you didn’t give us the full amount of time to get an allocation thus we are keeping your deposit “. I agree that it would be a **** move for the dealer to do that as since they never received allocation and wasted an allocation on him, they aren’t losing anything from his canceled order.

I came across this with a dealer as well. They said my deposit was non refundable if I cancel with them before the final allocation date of 6/15 for 2023. I wound up going with another dealer or course because I do not want to do business with people like that. Plus they were forcing one add on.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:32 PM   #24
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
That's an illegal business practice and you really should call a lawyer.
Wrong.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:57 PM   #25
Lishka

Drives: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Happy Canadian!

yahooooo....put my 2SS convert order in day they opened and today I am at 3000!! super excited!
Lishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:09 PM   #26
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
I have 3 dealers who have placed orders (1100) and then I have another dealer with good chances at a ZL1 and they refuse to put a preliminary order in. Asked me to give a $1000 deposit, and then the order would be placed. Now they tell me "We can't place the order until we have an allocation."

Just frustrating that I had to give a 1000 deposit and literally have nothing showing that I am in line for a 24 ZL1 aside from a verbal conversation. Went down to the dealer the other day and was again told, we can't place any sort of "imaginary" order. As I've learnt on here, there are a lot of dealers who have no idea how the ordering process works.
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:28 PM   #27
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
I have 3 dealers who have placed orders (1100) and then I have another dealer with good chances at a ZL1 and they refuse to put a preliminary order in. Asked me to give a $1000 deposit, and then the order would be placed. Now they tell me "We can't place the order until we have an allocation."

Just frustrating that I had to give a 1000 deposit and literally have nothing showing that I am in line for a 24 ZL1 aside from a verbal conversation. Went down to the dealer the other day and was again told, we can't place any sort of "imaginary" order. As I've learnt on here, there are a lot of dealers who have no idea how the ordering process works.
Dealers like that are ducking fisgusting. Mine didn't ask for a dime untill I was at 3000.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:29 PM   #28
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Icon View Post
Dealers like that are ducking fisgusting. Mine didn't ask for a dime untill I was at 3000.

And to make it even worse. I had another dealer who told me I was first in line for a ZL1. He didn't want to place an order and didn't ask for a deposit. I offered and he said, "no I will add you to the list and let you know". Just texted him a few min ago to see if we got an allocation and he said "We did, but it went to someone ahead of you"

Literally in the same text convo, a week ago, he tells me I am first in line, and his next text today was "I don't remember telling you that". I will be the first to say, there are many great salemen/saleswomen out there, but people like this that I've had experiences with are what give them bad vibes.

I am a motivated buyer, wanting to buy a 2024 ZL1, hopefully I will get that by the time orders close.
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote