Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
krodgers88

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Cherry Bomb will be the best option, IMO. However, There is a big amount of drone and in cabin noise at 3-4K RPM. Besides that, the system is amazing. it is loud and agressive for a V6. I got the V8 Catback. It comes with an X-Pipe and mufflers. V6 catback comes with a Resonator instead of X-pipe and mufflers. The price is 400 for Catback. However, the system is not stainless steel. I believe it is aluminized steel. The Tips on the Muffler are 4'' stainless steel. Mufflers are painted black. I dont know what else to tell you... it is a great system if you can deal with the drone which if you are cruising with music it is not too bad. I do have other mods in my car. I have Injen CAI.

In general it is a great product.
In talking with a guy at midas the other day, he was worried when i mentioned im considering buying a v8 exhaust system to install on my v6. He said that with the different pressures that the systems are designed to handle it can actually be harmful to my engine. He said i shouldnt do it unless i can find the manufacturer saying its ok. i was inclined to not believe him, but then again, he installs exhausts for a living so it got me thinking. Just wanted to hear your opinions and do you all believe this should be a concern?
krodgers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #30
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krodgers88 View Post
In talking with a guy at midas the other day, he was worried when i mentioned im considering buying a v8 exhaust system to install on my v6. He said that with the different pressures that the systems are designed to handle it can actually be harmful to my engine. He said i shouldnt do it unless i can find the manufacturer saying its ok. i was inclined to not believe him, but then again, he installs exhausts for a living so it got me thinking. Just wanted to hear your opinions and do you all believe this should be a concern?
I believe you'll be fine. I wouldn't go any larger than 2.5 pipes.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
I personally love SLP Loudmouth 1. Its loud and at 3k RPM it wakes up into a beast. but its only a muffler delete and you can get it done cheaper at a muffler shop.

But, it is very very very Loud and lots of droning at highway speeds. escpecially when going up hill on the highway. I love the sound, and haven't had one complaint from anyone hearing it in person.

just my .02 cents.
SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / Magnaflow Resonated X pipe / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

SGTMiller278CAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
personally i don't feel the size matters (thats not what she said..."it DOES matter") after the collector. unless of course you go MORE restrictive. otherwise, what would the point of cutouts be (although they have been known to drop performance)? somebody more knowledgeable might be able to give more perspective on this. yeah, there is velocity and scavenging that can be effected by larger exhaust, mainly velocity, but even going up to 2.75 shouldn't have a negative effect. either way, its not like its a 50HP gain anyhow, its a purely asthetics mod with looking to achieve the most pleasant musical note to the owner...and make the ears bleed of passersby.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #33
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
personally i don't feel the size matters (thats not what she said..."it DOES matter") after the collector. unless of course you go MORE restrictive. otherwise, what would the point of cutouts be (although they have been known to drop performance)? somebody more knowledgeable might be able to give more perspective on this. yeah, there is velocity and scavenging that can be effected by larger exhaust, mainly velocity, but even going up to 2.75 shouldn't have a negative effect. either way, its not like its a 50HP gain anyhow, its a purely asthetics mod with looking to achieve the most pleasant musical note to the owner...and make the ears bleed of passersby.
Exhaust pipe diameter effects the velocity mainly, larger the pipe the quicker it cools down. I just don't see it being worth the money to go larger than 2.5.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
krodgers88

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
you all have convinced me... i JUST ordered the cherry bomb cat back v8... super excited!!

thanks for all the advice and input everyone!
krodgers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #35
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by krodgers88 View Post
you all have convinced me... i JUST ordered the cherry bomb cat back v8... super excited!!

thanks for all the advice and input everyone!
Congrats Welcome to the club!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #36
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
cost is usually a problem for me, but id rather wait and save for a Corsa, that system sounds sick, but its probably a long wait, but you get what you pay for

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #37
bluec5

Drives: 1999 Corvette, 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
I think you will be glad you waited. Went to Corsa last week to have them test the fit and the sound on my 2012 convertible. Fit is confimred and it sounds great! The tips are some of the best looking available in my opinion.
bluec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #38
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I don't have my headphones with me today, but that sounds good!
i couldnt tell the distortion was crazy lol
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluec5 View Post
I think you will be glad you waited. Went to Corsa last week to have them test the fit and the sound on my 2012 convertible. Fit is confimred and it sounds great! The tips are some of the best looking available in my opinion.
that does sound pretty good to rich for my blood though for a corsa cat back. I was hooked on MRT 2 but now Im torn between Slp Lm2, Solo Mach, MRT 2 and Cherry bomb. I want to order one at the end of the month
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I will throw mine out there since I LOVE how it sounds.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #41
bluec5

Drives: 1999 Corvette, 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Sounds sweet and nice run!
bluec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #42
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I will throw mine out there since I LOVE how it sounds.

MRT is an amazing system, priced right as well.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote