Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-13-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Stalls coming to a stop

Had a passenger side header leak prior and since getting it fixed the car stalls going into neutral coming to a stop or downshifting coming to a stop randomly. Tuner I think didn’t notice the header leak prior and tuned it with the leak. Now that it’s fixed would the tune be off because of it? Also hard start or no start when the starter is hot.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
A header leak, especially before the o2 will make the tune off. And if your tuner didn't recognize a header leak, unless both sides were leaking, would make me suspect the quality of the tune. So a not great tune with a changed condition could cause problems.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:31 AM   #3
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
A header leak, especially before the o2 will make the tune off. And if your tuner didn't recognize a header leak, unless both sides were leaking, would make me suspect the quality of the tune. So a not great tune with a changed condition could cause problems.
Yep just on the passenger side it was leaking at the header flange and u could hear the cam through it lol. I’m having a different and reputable tuner dyno tune the car this Thursday so I’ll see what he says. Just hope nothing is wrong with the motor and it’s just the tune thrown off due to the leak being fixed and in turn better or worse af ratio?
Old 10-12-2023, 02:01 PM   #4
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
Yep just on the passenger side it was leaking at the header flange and u could hear the cam through it lol. I’m having a different and reputable tuner dyno tune the car this Thursday so I’ll see what he says. Just hope nothing is wrong with the motor and it’s just the tune thrown off due to the leak being fixed and in turn better or worse af ratio?
I'm sure the motor is fine, this just sounds like tuning issues. If you're in DE check out Race Proven Motorsports they do good work.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote