Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
Thenightboyz_SS

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Modding Body Kit or Exhaust

Hello I am new to cars as I recently purchased a 2017 Camaro 2SS December 2019. I need a little help deciding on what to mod. I want my car to sound louder than it currently with stock but also want it to look nice from exterior.

I am thinking about getting a muffler delete and ZL1 Conversion Bumper (with SS badge) or 2016-2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS, ZL1 2.75" Dual Rear Exit Axle-Back Exhaust System with Twin 4.0" Tips (14784) Xtreme Sound Level.

Please help me!
Thenightboyz_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
It's really up to you! To answer your exhaust question, I did muffler delete and it really woke the car up, however I went with AWE exhaust setup though. However if you plan on doing engine mods in the future you may want to get resonators option so you can tame sound level if you worried about drone. You will get more benefit over a exhaust than a front fascia change

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
Thenightboyz_SS

Thank you so much!! I definitely care about the noise i just heard that if you get the corsa exhaust there's not really much of a difference with sound. I know with headers and such thats when you hear noise but thats a little put of budget for me. Would you suggest to go for a muffler delete and ZL1 conversion bumper? (with SS badge not trying to fake it)
Old 02-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenightboyz_SS View Post
Thank you so much!! I definitely care about the noise i just heard that if you get the corsa exhaust there's not really much of a difference with sound. I know with headers and such thats when you hear noise but thats a little put of budget for me. Would you suggest to go for a muffler delete and ZL1 conversion bumper? (with SS badge not trying to fake it)
Sure. its your build get both! That's the best part of the modding cars. Muffler Delete would be a way to go. Here is a clip of what mines sound like with AWE.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8OYjkLn7jL/

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Blackmonba6Gen; 02-13-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I have the single dual tip AWE axel back. PM me your number and I will send you a few video clips of mine
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
KuroOkami

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I think another thing to maybe consider is, if you go with the exhaust, are you also planning on a tune to really take advantage of the difference. Or would that put it out of the price range for now.

With exterior mods, there aren't as many added costs depending on how OCD you are. If you are changing the whole front fascia, will it be color matched. What about clear bra or ceramic coating or both?

Seems like there are endless ways for us to spend money on our cars no matter which direction you choose.

Just my two cents.
KuroOkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #7
Thenightboyz_SS

Just saw it! Man its beautiful! I also followed you!
Old 02-13-2020, 11:52 AM   #8
Thenightboyz_SS

I definitely agree! I am palnning on camming it just because the warranty expired i believe im still getting all the documents of the vehicle mailed to me. How much is a tune? my budget right now is like $1,600-2000. The paint job would match the black camaro 2SS i believe.

Tags
2017 camaro ss, corsa camaro exhaust, muffler delete, zl1 bumper