Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-17-2022, 10:58 PM   #1
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
LS3 Crank Seal Install

I have the balancer off that was pretty easy. Was just curious what tool every is using to get the old seal out and what tool you are using to install the new one.
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 11:17 PM   #2
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
the seal should go in sort of tight. If u can just push it in pretty easy by hand it might spin with the balancer. Mine did. It was a ls3 seal from a parts store. I went with the fast fish from gpi. I made a tool like with a socket and used the crank bolt to push it in.

Another think is why are u putting it in? Did it blow out? If so u better do a blow down test and look for the cylinder thats a little lower than the others like mine was 25% leak and all others were 5%. The 25 had cracked ring land causing the crankcase to be pressurized.

I run 16pds with a procharger and NO extra venting other than what procharger does. Center of stock oil separator center to top of air filter. Ive even run it with that just open.

Or maybe ur just their and want to upgrade?

Just a cheap hook type tool u can buy in a set with like a ice pick tool comes in a kit of 4 usually or something similar.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote