Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #407
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Thanks guys for your input. I do often recommend people that want to do the halos, to start with that. Our kit is all plug-and-play, and it really lets you learn the system and its capabilities.

We have several users that have hard-wired their master module. Most of these are placed in the side of the dash above the fuse box. We just don't have anything plug-and-play for that. It does help to have a way to turn it on/off.

The undercarriage is best suited with its own SL module. The undercarriage takes a lot of current, which pretty much maxes out an SL module. You could put one SL under the dash to run your engine bay (one port), floorboard (one or two ports), and maybe the front undercarriage. Then you could install another SL module in the trunk to control both undercarriage sides and the back, as well as the single-color bowtie.

Other than the halo kit, this does take a little wiring know-how. We just started carrying some really nice 4-conductor 20ga wire in a black jacket to run for your LED strips. You can do any of this now, or later. Expandable at any time.

Sounds like you got it with the halos, DRL, and grill. You could run some engine bay lights off the extra port on the halo kit HP Module. You would need to get one of our "SL Pigtails" so that it will plug right in.

Awesome,

Joe, is there a way you can send me a PM with everything I need to place the order on your website based on all the info above.

I'd like to tear into this once when I get everything instead of saying "crap", now I need to order something else. lol

Thx
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #408
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I dont have a photo at this time, but I installed my SL boxes in my Glove box and ran wires out from there. This is one central area if needing to get to boxes. I dont use my glove box so perfect location while keeping dry
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #409
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
I put an SL module on right side (inside) of console, hidden basically next to gauges.Right now just running a couple strip lights under dash.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #410
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Can dash ABL be ran on a SL module? I want to put both fog light drls on their own channel, ABL on its own, and footwells are their own. How many SL modules do I need? Lol. Do I need pig tails or what? Saw the SL modules are on sale too! Yay!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #411
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Depends on what you run for the ABL. The SL ports stand for "strip light". That really just means that they run at 12V, and have built-in current limiting (such as resistors or a driver, such as is on the DRL Halos). If you want to do RGB ABL, the RGB LEDs would have to have resistors on each color on each LED. Alternatively, SJM is starting to put together NightOwl ABL kits.

Footwells are easy...they are normally strip lights and can go into one port. You can run a wire from the PWM input on the SL module to the gray dome wire. This allows the floorboard lights to come on when the doors open, and they dim up/down with the dome light.

SL Pigtails are only needed for the halo kit module since it is in a watertight case and the wires come out to connectors. SL modules just use screw terminals for the wires.

Last edited by Joe@NightOwlLEDs; 04-29-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #412
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I dont have a photo at this time, but I installed my SL boxes in my Glove box and ran wires out from there. This is one central area if needing to get to boxes. I dont use my glove box so perfect location while keeping dry
Hey Gary,
Not sure if you noticed our banner ad...do you recognize your car?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #413
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Hey Gary,
Not sure if you noticed our banner ad...do you recognize your car?

Thats great JOE!! Sorry couldnt get a better shot of the entire front. Looks like you made other photo work

Contacting Craig at Scorpion Customz about the location of my master module. If remembering correctly its up under dash on drivers side. Not sure easly accessed...However the module boxes all mounted in my glove box.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #414
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

I'm sure it is either in the fuse box area, or in the kick panel. We can find it.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #415
AeroCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
I am probably doing something wrong, but I wanted to ask. I finally downloaded the Android app on my gS3, and told the app my system name. How do I get the wifi network to show up on my wifi list? Have a missed a step? I would like to stop carrying around 2 phones everywhere that I go.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #416
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCamaro View Post
I am probably doing something wrong, but I wanted to ask. I finally downloaded the Android app on my gS3, and told the app my system name. How do I get the wifi network to show up on my wifi list? Have a missed a step? I would like to stop carrying around 2 phones everywhere that I go.
Your phone should automatically see the wifi NightOwl-???? SSID. If not, try restarting your phone. It should automatically see it in the list.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #417
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCamaro View Post
If your phone isn't picking up the master, I suggest you unplug the master and reconnect and see if that allows it to be seen by your phone.

Otherwise, go back and verify your iPhone is still picking it up.
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #418
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I'll probably get the SJM kit for the ABL I remember seeing they had the kits for RGB now but were out of stock. I have like 3 spools of rgb lights I just gotta find where to put them. I'll be ordering a SL module today most likely for that. :-)
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #419
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
I've got them as out-of-stock now due to a backorder on light pipes. They should be shipped to us on Friday or Monday.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #420
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
well I finally got just about all my lighting done ( then you came out with the DRLs) LOL
It will never end. so far I have 1 HP module, 2 SL modules, 3 LP modules and some other LED stuff going on.
For those waiting to pull the trigger, this is the best system on the market. and so easy to expand and add on to.
Joe, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Here is my Night Owl setup(99% anyway) on my car Knightfall.
Hope you enjoy it!

http://youtu.be/Inxsy0-b-Jk

Last edited by GVA 45TH 2SS; 05-04-2014 at 10:35 AM.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote