Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #71
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
ZL1....I will place order TODAY
Old 11-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #72
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
ya I like the leno one zl1 or slp one.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #73
AeroCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
Screw function. Give us twin vertical wings like on an F18 Hornet.
Seriously??? The name of the plane is written in big bold letters on the tail.

Why copy the design of an existing spoiler / wing? Take this as a chance to design comething new and unique. Not everyone has to like it, just the few that will buy it. Some people have liked the idea of a GTR style wing.
AeroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #74
eflynnbot
The People's Choice

Drives: 11 CGM 2SS RS
blend the Leno and SLP
Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #75
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
Leno spoiler but extend it over the rear quarter panels, like the stock vert spoiler.
I agree, and without the 3rd brake light. Must mount into factory holes and it would be nice if it had provisions for the factory antenna module so the convertible owners could use it as well.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #76
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Ask me how many times a week I get a call asking if we can sell them a ZL spoiler since we're SLP dealers.

I wish I had a better answer for them then...."no, you unfotunately have to BUY a ZL to get that particular spoiler but I'd love to sell you one that doesn't look like it at all.."

LOL.

Make the ZL and/or Leno style and reap the windfall........

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #77
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
I agree, and without the 3rd brake light. Must mount into factory holes and it would be nice if it had provisions for the factory antenna module so the convertible owners could use it as well.
I agree. Make the ZL1 or Leno style but lose the 3rd brakelight. That hole looks like an afterthought, plus I don't want to drill another hole in my trunklid or mess with wiring.
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #78
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Saw some posts after mine... just wanted to mention the stock spoiler (coupe anyway) is 6 holes.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:45 AM   #79
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
Leno spoiler but extend it over the rear quarter panels, like the stock vert spoiler.
With the radio antenna and Small Led Brake light installed with the correct bolt holes as a true bolt on replacement for the convertible and coupe.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #80
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
TRANSFORMERS 3 SPOILER PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #81
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I say go for something like the Jay Leno spoiler, or the new 2012 Camaro ZL1 spoiler...

The ZL1 spoiler above has an air pass through in the middle where as the Leno has a brake light....definitely do the air pass through....it looks fantastic. (unless there are mounting holes in this area...then I guess you can't leave those holes open which would be a major bummer!)

The leno might be an easier design because it doesn't have the tips that stick out past the ends of the hood like the ZL1 so maybe that could help keep costs down a tad??

Do something like this..with the air pass through and I will buy....and must have mounting holes. I've already skipped out on one design I liked alot because it used 3M tape only.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #82
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Honestly, I mention doing the air pass through because the Leno above looks pretty much like the NLP spoiler (pic below) which can already be had for about $400 painted, except the Leno had the brake light to add character. I say deleted it altogether and just leave the hole....would be something new and different. I think the height is perfect as well.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #83
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
^^wow leno all the way minus brake light dare i say.
I second leno good without brake light. But my favorite is the slp spoiler that's on the zl 575. keep coming back to this one. If you could make this look like the slp Zl575 I'd pay you twice your asking price.
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #84
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Aren't you guys forgetting? This is our chance to push for something a lot of owners have wanted for a long time...

The SLP ZL575 spoiler is probably one of the most desireable aftermarket spoilers that exist for this car due to its simplicity. It's a more pronounced version of the stock wing that looks like it belongs there:

[IMG]http://www.**********blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/slp-zl575-camaro-spied.jpg[/IMG]

Unfortunately, SLP doesn't offer that particular spoiler for sale unless you actually get an SLP ZL Camaro. SLP's mass-produced aftermarket offering is quite different as it is a bit taller and hangs over the quarter panels.

If you make a spoiler somewhat similar to it, maybe a little taller or shorter as to not make an exact duplicate, I guarantee you, you'll rack up sales like you've never thought possible. The closest one right now is probably the Carbon Creations spoiler, which even itself, is a far cry.
Well said the SLP looks like it belongs!!!!!!!!!!
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote