Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Does anybody like the interior in the new camaro
yes 24 77.42%
no 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #15
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
IT'S A CONCEPT!!!! and there is a sterio in it. It's notthe final version. Is there actually any new information on this car because this is getting pretty bad that people just keep bashing each other about the car and bringing up things that we knew 8 months ago. lets get some new information in here becasue this is going to turn ugly if there is nothing new to talk about
Thats my point. Because its a concept it could go either way. They could make it look like a standard GM car but i dont think that would do it justice. There should be NO bashing of each other as its not bashing that i want but rather peoples thoughts on where it should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
So that's what's wrong with you. you know the real UT is in Tennessee right? lol just givin you a hard time man. I don't think it would. but I like how the guages are set up.
A) Texas>UT
B) (i get my own hook em emote)
C)

i like the way they look but not sure if i could get used to driving with them like that
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #16
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
the background on the z06 is different and i think the pins on the tach are different. the z06 has kind of a carbon fiber look to it
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Expect a more user friendly radio/ac control and little to no billet aluminum..(cost gets too high w/ that billet al.). But, aftermarket will pick that up if the buyer must have it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #18
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
i hope you're right in saying it's a concept. It's terrible, too plain too retro.

The whole point of redesigning the original is for improvement both performance and appeal. The dash sucks! sorry - had to get that off my chest.

I want a more modern design like a touchscreen information center with gadgetry up the wazoo.

That there pic is like looking at a 68 camaro. Please don't tell me that after 40years not much has changed? ALOT HAS CHANGED!!!

that's all i know, that's all i have to say bout that.....

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #19
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdigital View Post
i hope you're right in saying it's a concept. It's terrible, too plain too retro.

The whole point of redesigning the original is for improvement both performance and appeal. The dash sucks! sorry - had to get that off my chest.

I want a more modern design like a touchscreen information center with gadgetry up the wazoo.

That there pic is like looking at a 68 camaro. Please don't tell me that after 40years not much has changed? ALOT HAS CHANGED!!!

that's all i know, that's all i have to say bout that.....
that was kinda of my feelings. A lot of people jumped on me saying its a concept but i want to see what they are going to do with it. I think touch screen nav is a must option now a days
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:55 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I couldn't tell you how much I'd love to see the touch screen as standard. I was lucky enough to get printed a while back in Chevy High Performance and one of the points I made was about this very topic. I was kicking myself at the time I read it saying, "why the hell did I even mention the rearview mirror garage door opener w/ compass heading, and temp???" I continued saying technology has come a long way and these past high priced options should now be considered as standard. I felt a bit odd having read that, but am actually happy I mentioned it. GM needs to get w/ the times and integrate this into all of their cars. Right now, I hear XM radio capability is going into all of their cars. I hear all cars will be IPOD compatible to play mp3's. They should also all have bluetooth compatibility for phones. I don't know if it will happen...for sure I'd think not on the base model. But, the way the future is going, I'd think it would greatly benefit GM to get with the times and say, "look what we offer as standard" :middlefinger: to the other car companies (always wanted to use that smilie..hehe). I tell you, I WANT all of this in my future ride. I'd even love to have the computer screen like I saw in digitals blog...wireless interenet in my Camaro?!?! :eek: Hell yeah!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #21
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Don't change a thing GM! Actually, just give us that, plus a navigation screen of some kind.

Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #22
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Don't change a thing GM! Actually, just give us that, plus a navigation screen of some kind.

Pshew, I disagree completely. It is still too much form and not enough functionality for me. The gauges in both the dash and the console are difficult to read and very inconvienent, and I am still not sold on the CD player. The only think I am sold on at this point is that beautiful white on black leather. I think that is gorgeous.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #23
official_style

Drives: 2005 ford mustang GT
NO NO NAVI IN THIS CAR! i hate the bmw idrive crap that is going into every car. hopefully they bite off the old interior of the camaro, and keep it simple. this is why i like my mustang, no stupid computerized crap, just climate knobs and a 1000 watt system with 2 subs factory. that is more then enough, i got navi on my nextel, dont want it built in. as for the dude who said dont use retro font, cant read the tach, thats what a shift light is for, who needs the gauges?! hopefully the gauges actually work tho, in my stang, the amps, oil pressure temp are just analog idiot lights. i like in my yukon how the oil pressure gauge moves.

official_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
Adam_346

Drives: short bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by official_style View Post
NO NO NAVI IN THIS CAR! i hate the bmw idrive crap that is going into every car. hopefully they bite off the old interior of the camaro, and keep it simple. this is why i like my mustang, no stupid computerized crap, just climate knobs and a 1000 watt system with 2 subs factory. that is more then enough, i got navi on my nextel, dont want it built in. as for the dude who said dont use retro font, cant read the tach, thats what a shift light is for, who needs the gauges?! hopefully the gauges actually work tho, in my stang, the amps, oil pressure temp are just analog idiot lights. i like in my yukon how the oil pressure gauge moves.
well said .......

The interior looks pretty good IMO but maybe they'll tone it down a little bit and not overload it with crap that belongs in luxury cars .... just about anything is better than the 4th gen interior
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_346 View Post
well said .......

The interior looks pretty good IMO but maybe they'll tone it down a little bit and not overload it with crap that belongs in luxury cars .... just about anything is better than the 4th gen interior
Having lived in my 4th Gen interior for the past 6 years, I'm ready for a freakin change!!! I like my interior........if I were in the stone age. Personally, I love the verts interior more than the concepts. I'd change the funky looking ac/radio controls but that's about it. I'd take navigation if they put it in and wouldn't complain a bit. I'd take the HUD in a heartbeat if offered. Put in the XM, ipod hookups, bluetooth for the phone, digital compass headings, etc. I WANT THESE THINGS.

At one point in time all I cared about was hp. I'm now at the point where I want the best of both worlds. I want a beautiful muscle car w/ an interior that is top notch. The 4th Gen, IMO, never got a great interior....and was never updated through it's years to be anything worth raving about. Give the option of having a nice interior w/ the goodies. I'm one who wants them.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #26
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by official_style View Post
as for the dude who said dont use retro font, cant read the tach, thats what a shift light is for, who needs the gauges?!
Uhh... you are kidding right? Actually the shift light is for the people who drive a stick, but don't really know what in the hell they are doing with the stick - kind of like idiot proof. For those of us that actually make an effort to perfect our shift points, we would like to be able to read the tach.

And I agree with TAG 100%. Those of you who want 0 amminities and nothing but a stripped down sled with a lot of HP, that is fine, I can respect that, but remember you always have the option of subtracting options to get the car that you want, at least provide us with the options that we want so that we have the ability to build the Camaro we want. Just becasue you all still want that classic muscle car (lot of HP no luxury) doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I want a modern muscle car - lots of HP and ALL of the luxuries.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #27
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
casull I can't agree more with you. I want a muscle car that will put you back in that comfortable seat when you smash on the gas. And yes I do like the interior the way it is now. As long as it is nice and comfortable. I want my camaro as nice on the inside as the outside if not nicer.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #28
Camvert2010

Drives: 68 camaro
Question Interior

Past couple of threads have been on engine and exterior mods. What about interior options? Have their been any word of upgrades or modification? What will be standard?

I'd be curious to know what kind of factory customization can be done?
Camvert2010 is offline   Reply With Quote