The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray vs...

Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #15
B. Pateman

Drives: E550 Coupe
The F-type convertible looks like a "chick" car, but it is dam pretty. I prefer the C7
B. Pateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
Stinkpaw

Drives: 2014 C7, 3LT, Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
EDIT: Also, people are spending more money for a different experience. Jaguar dealers are more upscale, the sales staff different than people who sell mostly cruzes and equinoxs, and as many many corvette owners attest, Chevrolet service is very hit or miss as far as professionalism, and its certainly not the level you'd expect when spending 60+ thousand on a performance vehicle.
Not trying to sound like a snob but you are absolutely right. My first experience at a Chevy dealership was ordering my C7 and I felt like I had to take a shower afterward.

- One salesman tried to steal my order from the person I had already been working with.

- I was lied to about their available allocations (and 5 months later my car still isn't in production!)

- I wanted the Corvette tire valve thingies and was told 'Sorry buddy you gotta order those separate from our parts department.' I'm dropping $80k (w/tax) on a car and you are going to make me jump through hoops to get a $50 accessory!?!?

Vastly different experience than at MB or Lexus. Even buying my gf a Subaru was 100 times more pleasant. If I had found this forum sooner I would have bought from Becky in MI and driven it home. She seems like a quality person.

Back on topic. I was going to buy an F-type. The V-8 sound is awesome and in person the car is gorgeous. Pics don't seem to do it justice.

Then I saw a C7 in person and fell in love with the looks. To me it just looks pissed off, and I love it! So while I'm still relatively young I decided to get the C7 and go for a more refined car down the road.

As far as comparing the ride you'll have to ask someone else. I don't know squat about cars. Both exceed my driving capabilities.
Stinkpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #17
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
New article about the two

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/mig...icle-1.1852389
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #18
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
New article about the two

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/mig...icle-1.1852389
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #19
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Comparison test from England:

Published on Feb 6, 2014
With a bargain price tag and supercar performance, the Corvette C7 Stingray has rebooted the iconic American sports car. But can it compete with Europe's best: the Audi R8, Porsche 911 and Jaguar F-type?

regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #20
Milliwatt Rob

Drives: 1996 Olds Aurora, 2009 VW Jetta TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkpaw View Post
Not trying to sound like a snob but you are absolutely right. My first experience at a Chevy dealership was ordering my C7 and I felt like I had to take a shower afterward.

- One salesman tried to steal my order from the person I had already been working with.

- I was lied to about their available allocations (and 5 months later my car still isn't in production!)

- I wanted the Corvette tire valve thingies and was told 'Sorry buddy you gotta order those separate from our parts department.' I'm dropping $80k (w/tax) on a car and you are going to make me jump through hoops to get a $50 accessory!?!?

Vastly different experience than at MB or Lexus. Even buying my gf a Subaru was 100 times more pleasant. If I had found this forum sooner I would have bought from Becky in MI and driven it home. She seems like a quality person.

Back on topic. I was going to buy an F-type. The V-8 sound is awesome and in person the car is gorgeous. Pics don't seem to do it justice.

Then I saw a C7 in person and fell in love with the looks. To me it just looks pissed off, and I love it! So while I'm still relatively young I decided to get the C7 and go for a more refined car down the road.

As far as comparing the ride you'll have to ask someone else. I don't know squat about cars. Both exceed my driving capabilities.
My last and only Corvette was a 64 Stingray convertible that I bought used, as a 19 year old, in 1966. After doing research on this and other sites, but mostly this site, I have decided to skip even visiting any of the Chevy dealers in my immediate area and went straight to MacMulkin in Nashua NH. ( I am not quite ready to order yet, as I am getting an inheritance windfall, and it isn't quite here yet). I met a professional and courteous sales team that was very well informed on the product. Further, if I need service or warranty work, I would rather have it worked on by technicians at a service department where my car is not the first and only one they have ever seen.
Milliwatt Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:34 AM   #21
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
I've always looked at the Jaguar more as a nice looking figure, stylish and all more than I've looked at it in a performance way...
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote