Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-27-2022, 11:15 PM   #1
savyomix

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
1SS Mod options

Looking for advice to make my SS perform better in the track, close to a zl1 1le.
A little background: I currently have a 17 Camaro 1SS and was wondering what mods I can do to increase the performance, handling and power wise. I daily the car and currently have about 65k mi, lowered w/ BMR springs, a Roto-fab cold-air intake, and a muffler delete (minor mods). I don't take the car to the track much and if so maybe once or twice a year but nonetheless want to mod it. (Many will recommend to just sell it for a 1le SS/ZL1 but this car has sentimental values as was left to me by my deceased father and don't really want to part ways with it because of the memories.)

Modification wise I was thinking of switching to a square setup of 19inch wheels for more rubber and being able to rotate (personally liked how they looked on the ZLE and more rubber so why not) but other's opinion/advise is appreciated. Forced induction, thinking of maggie heartbeat 2300 with lt4 fueling upgrade. Advice to reach 500/600/700 hp crank is very much welcomed but mostly looking close to the zl1 power or a bit more. Don't really have a clear set for budget but definitely nothing over $12k. Not looking to cam it as I actually like the mpg as it is my daily driver and I sometimes use it for road trips with family. I know that I have the stock of the stock 1ss and will never be able to fully replicate performance to the zle as it has elsd, magneride and other goodies but I still want to try! Thank you!
savyomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:38 AM   #2
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
If lowered upgrade your shocks. Add BMR suspension or at least sway bars and end links. Will handle much better.

I bought mine pro charged. It has D1sc with upgraded cooling. Everything else is stock. Dyno’d at 603 to the wheels and drives amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #3
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by savyomix View Post
. . . wondering what mods I can do to increase the performance, handling and power wise.
What is your budget for this project? You have a long list of potential mods to choose from and they are detailed here in numerous threads.

CAI
headers
Tune
New blower
ported blower
Ethanol
etc
etc
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1ss, daily, modding, reliability, track driving