Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Lynch

Drives: 2011 Black LS
Spoiled Kid. What to do?

Ok so i am 18 years old and i am a college student plus i work full time just to pay off my 2011 Camaro LS. There is a kid in my neighborhood getting a black 2011 Camaro, not sure if it is LS, LT, or SS but i know he is getting it for free from his dad. I Hate spoiled kids. My car is completely stock still, except i bought the 20" polished rims that come on the LT or SS, so it looks like i got a bigger model. What should i do to show this kid up? im looking for mods, or any suggestions.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
Ok so i am 18 years old and i am a college student plus i work full time just to pay off my 2011 Camaro LS. There is a kid in my neighborhood getting a black 2011 Camaro, not sure if it is LS, LT, or SS but i know he is getting it for free from his dad. I Hate spoiled kids. My car is completely stock still, except i bought the 20" polished rims that come on the LT or SS, so it looks like i got a bigger model. What should i do to show this kid up? im looking for mods, or any suggestions.
I love seeing these threads. I grew up with a bunch of friends that had sports cars purchased by their parents and I was a bit jealous driving my country squire around town. My guess is that almost none of us would turn down a car if it was given to us so we should just be pissed that our parents were either too poor to too smart to give is a nice new car when we turned 16.

You don't need to prove anything to your neighbor, you will appreciate your car much more than he ever will.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I agree, no need to go to that level. I'm 17 with an LS, just be proud you got your camaro!
But if you really wanna show him up, make it loud! Get an axle back exhaust. They do not cost much but really bring out the sound.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
God, I'm glad I am not 18. Why do you have to show him up? Just enjoy your car and don't worry about such nonsense.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
Berean

Drives: Truck
Is this a joke?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
SnowStorm
Jump in

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Jealousy is a painful hobby, man. If you mod up and show him up then this kid will just ask his wealthy parents to help him out-mod you. You shouldn't worry about what he has and just be happy with what you have. And don't be mad at him, either. It's not his fault. What should he do?...say "no thanks dad...i'll work my a** off and buy my own Camaro". You wouldn't do that. I will tell you one very important thing that you have over him: Pride in ownership. You earned this car and it will probably last longer and mean more to you than his will. That's one thing his parents can't buy. Have a good one, man and congrats on your new car.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
What should i do to show this kid up? im looking for mods, or any suggestions.
Read that again....and again....until it hits home how you sound saying you're planning to "show somebody up" for nothing.

I recommend...humbly...to get over it.

"Live and let live". You've both got Camaros, and I hope you both enjoy them the same.

Closed Thread