Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #29
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That will be a little tricky to prove. Are the other cars chipped like that too???

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #30
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
Why the blue and black paint? Was bumper painted before? Could be bad prep before painting.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #31
Ewey

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 6 speed black
Yeah others were damaged like mine but I think mine got the worst of it. Probably stands out more because it's black. Not all of that is chips though some of that is dirt and pollen. I drive it since discovering the chips after having it PARKED for a few days while I was at work. I was out there checking other cars and someone told me theirs was chipped also and then I spoke with management. I'll try to clean it up and take.another photo.
Ewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #32
Ewey

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 6 speed black
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
Why the blue and black paint? Was bumper painted before? Could be bad prep before painting.
It's not blue and black. Probably just how the photo came out. More like black and dirt.
Ewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #33
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewey View Post
Just spoke with management they had a few other complaints and will pay to have it painted or deduct it from our rent.
That's good news! If your car is going to be parked for extended time in an open lot I would invest in a car cover asap (NOAH block it). Have the paint repaired then get an exterior detail for all other defects. You can top it with a paste wax after.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #34
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
"Just spoke with management they had a few other complaints and will pay to have it painted or deduct it from our rent." Ewey

Glad to hear it!!!!
BTW I love these "experts(?)" who know everything about everything when they make comments such as "must be road rash.... or, you're following too closely...." etc. Hey geniuses, weed whackers/string edgers especially used by professional lawn service companies DO CAUSE THIS TYPE OF DAMAGE!!! Especially when there are rocks and stones mixed in with the grass that usually accumulate at the edge of grass and curbing or pavement...
Geeze....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #35
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
looks malicious to me. maybe maint guy was jealous your car is louder than his weed whacker!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #36
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
It will probably happen again and again. My advice would be to move to the country and find a job out of the city. Good luck trying to keep a car looking good in the Northeast !!
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #37
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
I live in the northeast and the front of my car looks just like that. I park my car in my own driveway and at work I have a parking spot no where near where it could receive any kind of damage. Daily driver, mainly highway, the roads and the crap on them in this area are to blame for mine. The nose gets sandblasted on the highways.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #38
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Yeah, my sister did that.
She's driving a '99 Lumina.

She just about shit when I asked her to look at my taxes last April.
I left Southern NY seventeen years ago and never looked back. There are pros and cons to moving South but I like it much better here. My taxes for a year here are less than my homeowners insurance was in NY.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #39
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
At my place of employment, Mondays are yard maintenance.... never have I seen such jerks for a crew before. These guys make a point of ramming lawn mowers, weedeaters, rakes, whatever they can wield, into the sides of the cars parked in the lot... not even on the grass that these guys are tending to! They will run their weedeaters through muddy puddles--- completely devoid of grass--- just to spray cars with mud. They use their blowers, pointed directly at vehicles, to shoot salvos of gravel and grass clippings and trash AT cars. I've seen them do this... and watched them just laugh and laugh about it.

Sure, they are certainly making minimum wage. They are all bent out of shape that people are inside the air- conditioned office making far more money than the laborers are, sweating under the hot sun. They feel entitled to take their class envy out on others, especially those with nicer cars.

I have complained many times to MY management. They are too cheap to go with a better behaved yard crew, but they have accommodated me (I guess I was the squeakiest wheel here) by assigning me a reserved parking place at the very front of the building (where it can be watched, and is also far, far away from any yard maintenance work).

My car no longer gets damaged by these idiot a- holes... but it still bugs me that they are still doing it to other cars, and that they have never been called out to take responsibility for it. With no consequences, they just keep on doing what they love doing, being sorry psychopaths.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote