Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #29
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Im just wondering if its just the one problem....do they give a lemon tag to cars that only have one single problem. If not there my be more then one problem. I would stay away op.
That's just it. Lemon laws vary from state to state.

Some of them say if they tried to fix a SINGLE issue more than three times. Some say if the car is out of the persons hands (or non-functional) for a specific amount of time regardless of the number of issues. Most are usually within a fairly strict time period of taking ownership...

Federal Lemon Law is under MMA.

Last edited by Mr. Stacy; 06-07-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #30
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Make lemonaide from lemons?

Make lemonaide from lemons? Yea, but this is too big a purchase to take a chance.
Seems the majority agrees that for the sake of a few grand and its history, to keep looking for the right one.
Used cars are always a crapshoot, but this one looks like you're being dealt a bad hand from the get go.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #31
Anulk

Drives: Camaro LS 2013
Thanks for all the input, i'm probably gonna just stick with the Camaro I have. Even though now i'm thinking i should of had it bought back when they had to put a new motor in it. hasn't quite been the same since but still runs fine I suppose.
Anulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #32
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anulk View Post
Thanks for all the input, i'm probably gonna just stick with the Camaro I have. Even though now i'm thinking i should of had it bought back when they had to put a new motor in it. hasn't quite been the same since but still runs fine I suppose.
Probably the best. Really, even for a bargain price and the car was perfect with no issues, by the time you add in travel, and all the other things that go with getting a car long distance, you probably wouldn't really save that much vs buying a local, non buyback car.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:08 AM   #33
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
25 grand is still 25 grand . A good deal is only good if it doesn't cost you an arm and leg to get it where it needs to be . A 15% savings over similar cars isn't much of a deal when your ready to dump it in 5 years and they offer 50% of what similar cars go for . Cars are already a poor investment don't make it worse . If you said you could grab it for 15-17 I'd say go for it but just having that lemon status on your title makes the car virtually worthless Come trade in time .
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #34
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Why chance it..................but sounds like it is only an engine issue, not like it was something major like the radio or something.
exactly... unless it's a super smoke'n deal just keep looking.

your resale value will take a big hit.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote