Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #15
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
We need to call and complain, maybe they will bring it back. ha
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #16
steegpuzh

Drives: audi
There have been lots of car mags discontinued.
steegpuzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #17
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
What made GMHTP such a great mag was the diversity of the cars that you saw. Last month had a Cobalt SS which is something you never really get to read about. Especially one that has been done tastefully.

I'd like to think that calling and complaining would bring it back but I know that too many people are moving to digital media.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #18
Scott@GMHTP

Drives: Middle Out Media
Yes, GMHTP is no more. The content still lives on the web, but no new content for the web or via digital subscription (iTunes, Zinio, Kindle, etc) is being generated under that brand. Super Chevy is going to be taking over that content to some extent. Camaro Now is still in operation, and there should be a Fall issue out soon (I'll see if I can get a date).

Having worked at GMHTP for 9 years it was a sad day for sure. I switched over to the digital side a year ago, and things were going great with the websites. We were really excited about the new Super Chevy site that was combining all the GM mags. Unfortunately the company had some financial issues and this was the direction that the new leadership felt appropriate. Hopefully it pays off for them in the long run. I'd hate to see any more people lose their jobs.

As for me, things have worked out pretty well. I have plenty of projects/stories under way with Super Chevy, Chevy High Performance (including a '14 Z/28 cam swap), VETTE, Car Craft, and BangShift to name a few.
Scott@GMHTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Man I hate to read this !

I just got my last issue of High Performance Pontiac magazine too…..they are killing off all my favorite magazines !

They might be killing them off because digital is the way of the future (now), but these aren't going digital, they are just going away.

I went and downloaded every issue of this and the Pontiac magazine to my iPad from the Readr app….I hope I get to keep those.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #20
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@GMHTP View Post
Yes, GMHTP is no more. The content still lives on the web, but no new content for the web or via digital subscription (iTunes, Zinio, Kindle, etc) is being generated under that brand. Super Chevy is going to be taking over that content to some extent. Camaro Now is still in operation, and there should be a Fall issue out soon (I'll see if I can get a date).

Having worked at GMHTP for 9 years it was a sad day for sure. I switched over to the digital side a year ago, and things were going great with the websites. We were really excited about the new Super Chevy site that was combining all the GM mags. Unfortunately the company had some financial issues and this was the direction that the new leadership felt appropriate. Hopefully it pays off for them in the long run. I'd hate to see any more people lose their jobs.

As for me, things have worked out pretty well. I have plenty of projects/stories under way with Super Chevy, Chevy High Performance (including a '14 Z/28 cam swap), VETTE, Car Craft, and BangShift to name a few.
Sad.... it was a great magazine. I really hope one day it comes back. Magazines are still popular even though technology is here an they are on the web. Nothing like reading it in hand an collecting, looking back ion old issues, an saving them. GMHTP was so great and popular just hate to see it go. Nothing will be as good as that mag. Thanks for your response Sir. I hope you one day have input and get a group to bring it back. It will be worth it time/money wise. Big fans everywhere.
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote