Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Clutch pedal woes

I installed an IdealG ported clutch master cylinder a few months back to help get rid of the 2nd gear grind that has plagued many 2010-2011 M6 camaros. It worked great for a few weeks but then it started making this squeaking noise and began only coming half way off the floor. Eventually it would hard come off the floor at all unless I pulled it up myself. I emailed the shop I bought it from and they apologized for the inconvenience, sent me a new unit and even paid for the guys at Futral to install it. The new one didn't make any noise and drove great for 6-8 weeks. When it started getting mushy I emailed Ideal Garage and they recommended I try bleeding it again. I was told that it may not have been bled properly the first time or that I have a problem with my slave because there was no way the MC was allowing air into the system. I bled it a couple weeks ago and now it's doing it again! When I pump the clutch several times I can see tons of tiny bubbles in my reservoir. Where the hell can it be coming from?? I've been in touch with the Jerry at Ideal and he's been very helpful, but I'm trying to avoid putting a stock one back on if possible. He's even offered to send me a new stock one. All the connections between the reservoir and MC feel snug and won't budge when I try to pull or twist them. Any help would be appreciated!
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
Rabamaro

So I'd left the car up on the jackstands for a few days, and after just a couple pumps of the pedal I got full return! I'm still bringing it to Futral on Sunday because I shouldn't have to deal with air getting into my line in the first place.
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Old 08-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #3
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
I installed an IdealG ported clutch master cylinder a few months back to help get rid of the 2nd gear grind that has plagued many 2010-2011 M6 camaros. It worked great for a few weeks but then it started making this squeaking noise and began only coming half way off the floor. Eventually it would hard come off the floor at all unless I pulled it up myself. I emailed the shop I bought it from and they apologized for the inconvenience, sent me a new unit and even paid for the guys at Futral to install it. The new one didn't make any noise and drove great for 6-8 weeks. When it started getting mushy I emailed Ideal Garage and they recommended I try bleeding it again. I was told that it may not have been bled properly the first time or that I have a problem with my slave because there was no way the MC was allowing air into the system. I bled it a couple weeks ago and now it's doing it again! When I pump the clutch several times I can see tons of tiny bubbles in my reservoir. Where the hell can it be coming from?? I've been in touch with the Jerry at Ideal and he's been very helpful, but I'm trying to avoid putting a stock one back on if possible. He's even offered to send me a new stock one. All the connections between the reservoir and MC feel snug and won't budge when I try to pull or twist them. Any help would be appreciated!
Idk what you have tried, but look up Jerry's 2nd video on YouTube of him bleeding the clutch. Do the single pumps, half/double pumps, and double pumps and it should get all the air out. That worked for me. I'd that doesn't work idk, might be another issue (slave, leak somewhere letting air in).
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Watch "IDEALG Master Cylinder Install 002.mpg" on YouTube
IDEALG Master Cylinder Install 002.mpg: http://youtu.be/txlMf92EX4k
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Do you have a GTO reservoir or still using the stock combined fluid?

If you have the GTO reservoir I noticed it must be quite full or else it will suck in air. Certainly more than half full. I had a hell of a time getting mine bled until I realized even with it almost half full it was draining the whole thing with the pedal pressed down.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
Rabamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Do you have a GTO reservoir or still using the stock combined fluid?

If you have the GTO reservoir I noticed it must be quite full or else it will suck in air. Certainly more than half full. I had a hell of a time getting mine bled until I realized even with it almost half full it was draining the whole thing with the pedal pressed down.
Ah, I do have the GTO reservoir. It was kept 3/4 of the way full though. I had my stock MC reinstalled today. I'm going to be pissed if I still get issues! Futral seemed pretty confident that my slave isn't the problem.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Should i be re-thinking my ideal master cyl. Install??
Im stock for now but really wanting to get my clutch straightened out....may wait after reading this.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
Rabamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTZKRG View Post
Should i be re-thinking my ideal master cyl. Install??
Im stock for now but really wanting to get my clutch straightened out....may wait after reading this.
I seem to be the only one having issues with it. It certainly helped my shifting issues and made speed shifting easier. Jerry has been very helpful throughout the ordeal. What's going on with your clutch?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
I've had mine do this 2 times and it's always been the slave. But when my pedal goes the floor it comes back up after it cools down. And not long after this the slave dumps all the fluid and game over. So now I'm installing a McLeod slave cylinder hope to have it done today.

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
Rabamaro

You had the IdealG master? Futral seems confident that it isn't the slave, and I've never had any fluid leak. Just bizarre that I had no issues until I swapped the MC out. I've only had the stock one in for a week, and the car isn't my DD, so I guess we'll see if it starts giving me issues again. It's gotten spongey on me once after I rowed through the gears at 5-5500rpm but returned to normal when I came to a stop. I know the stock and LS9 clutches are notorious for pedal sticking under load.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Well aside from being totally inconsistent on engagement, grabs high, low middle...wherever it wants....
Ive had the CAGS lockout happen atleast 6 times going over 40+mph....thats scary...nothing like nailing 2nd and then falling on ur face. Hoping cags eliminator will cure that....i have the ZL1 shifter....sideplay in 2nd gear is ridiculous....shifter was factory installed. Miss my cable operated mustang clutches bad!! Any rpm and let it fly. Im hoping there are fixes for these issues...if not im gonna sell and go back to an 04' cobra.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #12
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
You had the IdealG master? Futral seems confident that it isn't the slave, and I've never had any fluid leak. Just bizarre that I had no issues until I swapped the MC out. I've only had the stock one in for a week, and the car isn't my DD, so I guess we'll see if it starts giving me issues again. It's gotten spongey on me once after I rowed through the gears at 5-5500rpm but returned to normal when I came to a stop. I know the stock and LS9 clutches are notorious for pedal sticking under load.
I'm running a RXT McLeod and the pedal sucks to the floor with the stock slave under long pulls on the freeway. And at the drags I made 13 passes and last pass of the day it started to not return and the slave dumped the next day. So I don't know man but good luck. And no I'm running the stock master cylinder.

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote