Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #113
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Crossed 130k!
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #114
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
took off chiclets and "camaro" lettering.

stage 1 weight reduction

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:18 AM   #115
fireman1153

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Here’s my new toy. I’ve had it about 5 months. It’s currently in the shop getting a few more upgrades.

And a little teaser video I added. I love the car and the power but currently going bigger. Let me know what you think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd4mwqGd7t4
fireman1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #116
yzinger

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - IOM - LS3
Sound nasty. How about some driving videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1153 View Post
Here’s my new toy. I’ve had it about 5 months. It’s currently in the shop getting a few more upgrades.

And a little teaser video I added. I love the car and the power but currently going bigger. Let me know what you think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd4mwqGd7t4
yzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #117
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Crossed 130k!
your car looks great!
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #118
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Crossed 130k!
And looking damn good! You are the poster child for how to properly take care of a Camaro.

I am right behind you at 119k, stock top end on an L99. I pray to the valvetrain gods every day for strength and longevity...to last long enough until I can afford my top-end rebuild.

I am trying very hard to buy a new daily driver so I can put my baby to rest. I work full time and have a daily round trip drive of around 130 miles, so the miles are adding up fast. I bought the car in summer 2016 with 64k miles. I truly feel like I am killing my precious car and I hate myself for it. But she has been very good to me and I make sure to take care of her.

So far, the most reliable car I have ever owned, and I have owned a LOT of cars since I started driving in 1990.

Only complaint I have is not the car's fault, but due to my own impatience and impulsiveness. I really wish I had a manual. Thank god GM was smart enough to design the A6 with paddle shifters/TapShift. Otherwise I probably would have traded her by now. TapShift, once properly learned, can be a real blast. I know, I know, what is there to learn? It's just a damned button?! Well, if you want to shift quickly and properly, you have got to learn the shift/button delay and work that into your shifting pattern. It will allow you to milk every RPM out of the engine without hitting redline or fuel cut-off, which is rather embarrassing when done. If you don't take the time to learn the delay and program yourself to it, you are possibly leaving a lot on the table.

While the TapShift is great, it is NOT a replacement for a proper manual. But it does keep things from getting boring.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 03-16-2018 at 09:58 AM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #119
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron0731 View Post
your car looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
And looking damn good! You are the poster child for how to properly take care of a Camaro.

I am right behind you at 119k, stock top end on an L99. I pray to the valvetrain gods every day for strength and longevity...to last long enough until I can afford my top-end rebuild.

I am trying very hard to buy a new daily driver so I can put my baby to rest. I work full time and have a daily round trip drive of around 130 miles, so the miles are adding up fast. I bought the car in summer 2016 with 64k miles. I truly feel like I am killing my precious car and I hate myself for it. But she has been very good to me and I make sure to take care of her.

So far, the most reliable car I have ever owned, and I have owned a LOT of cars since I started driving in 1990.

Only complaint I have is not the car's fault, but due to my own impatience and impulsiveness. I really wish I had a manual. Thank god GM was smart enough to design the A6 with paddle shifters/TapShift. Otherwise I probably would have traded her by now. TapShift, once properly learned, can be a real blast. I know, I know, what is there to learn? It's just a damned button?! Well, if you want to shift quickly and properly, you have got to learn the shift/button delay and work that into your shifting pattern. It will allow you to milk every RPM out of the engine without hitting redline or fuel cut-off, which is rather embarrassing when done. If you don't take the time to learn the delay and program yourself to it, you are possibly leaving a lot on the table.

While the TapShift is great, it is NOT a replacement for a proper manual. But it does keep things from getting boring.
If that picture is a recent one and not when he got it then yes he is the poster child. Silver and black always make a good color combination.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #120
Tonka00

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Nice, I just picked mine up from my friend a couple months ago as well. Has 21k on the car. Adding a BTR cam at the moment. Needed a little extra kick if you get my drift. haha good looking car.
Tonka00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #121
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
If that picture is a recent one and not when he got it then yes he is the poster child. Silver and black always make a good color combination.
Haha, never been the poster child for anything...

Thanks guys! Yep - they're recent pics (within a couple of months).
Old 03-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #122
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

I am thoroughly happy with my stick shift. It is definitely true - a lot of fun, you feel more in control, etc. Damn those that say you'll get tired in bumper to bumper traffic... with these cars, even that too is just more fun lol.

Nothing against an automatic... I owned a 95 Z28 automatic and loved it... granted, can't really compare to today's automatics. But I get it and its still a lot of fun too I'm sure on these cars... especially with today's paddle shifters.

After that Z28 automatic, I promised myself never to get another V8 automatic. But I can't ever mock one, or anyone that's got one...
Old 03-19-2018, 10:58 PM   #123
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez1973 View Post
Just picked up this 2010 2SS/RS from my good friend and original owner. Only 28k miles, some very tasteful mods, and he gave it to me for a steal!!!

I’ve never owned an American muscle car, but I’m loving it already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone would have asked me how this color of stripes would look on a white Camaro I would have said blahhhh no good. But it is actually a great combination, very nice! I have never seen another one either.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:10 AM   #124
ez1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
If someone would have asked me how this color of stripes would look on a white Camaro I would have said blahhhh no good. But it is actually a great combination, very nice! I have never seen another one either.

Thanks!

I thought the same thing, and probably would not have ordered it that way. Before I picked up the car from my friend I was contemplating removing or changing the stripes color. Now that I have the car, the look has seriously grown on me. I think it looks great and I’m not touching a thing!

Only had the car a few weeks and I’m quite impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ez1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #125
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Special factory order. We picked it up May 2009. Currently has 28,000 (s)miles. No issues, love it.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #126
fireman1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzinger View Post
Sound nasty. How about some driving videos.
It’s currently getting a new forged bottom end and upgraded F-1A-94. Once it’s done, I’ll see about getting some of it movin. Thanks for the comment.
fireman1153 is offline   Reply With Quote