Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-02-2023, 01:52 PM   #15
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
got mine on Amazon. way cheaper. bought two sets so I have three on the car on each side. work great. center one lifts the whole side of the car at once. I had to cut out a bit of the plastic to get the center one on there but no big deal.
Old 08-04-2023, 09:17 AM   #16
TPO Canuck

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS M Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuramic88 View Post
Has anyone modified the lift pads to fit around the convertible bracing ? I would rather not cut the brace itself. Any one know what the ZL1 stealth pads actually are designed to lift on ? Is it the center cut out of the pads that contact the pinch weld only, or do the sides of the pad also contact the rocker panel as well? Thinking maybe a nylon shim on the outboard side of the pinch weld attached with 3m tape may distribute the load better. Someone with a coupe could probably shed some light on this question.
I certainly appreciate everyone’s comments so far. Thanks!
I installed the ZL1 version on my 2011 Convertible. You do not need to cut, just install 1 on each side and you can easily lift both wheels on that side from a single jack point.
The name Camaro was reportedly derived from Heath's French and English Dictionary as a term that translated to "friend" or "comrade." Reporters were told by GM product managers that the term also meant "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs." And the stage for the rivalry was set.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:05 PM   #17
Futuramic88

Drives: 2014 2ssrs
Well I got the Gen.5 stealth lift pads. They required some modifications with a Dremel. Tool to clear the vert under body bracing. I did try not have to do any cutting of the bracing on the car . So I was happy with that. Each pad had to have material removed specific to the location it was used .
Futuramic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 06:13 AM   #18
Futuramic88

I’ll try to post pics
Old 08-26-2023, 09:29 AM   #19
futureZ

Drives: 11 camaro 2lt rs
I’ve been looking at these for my 11 vert. What exactly needs to be modified to make these fit? Is it just the rocker or the rocker and bracing?
futureZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:49 PM   #20
Futuramic88

I didn’t cut or modify the car at all. I used a dremmel tool with a router bit and removed material from the lift pad as needed to fit over the extra bracing that the convertible has. I put masking tape on the lift pad where it would contact the brace and tapped it on where it fits up inside the plastic rocker cover then ground out the pad until it went on enough to touch the rest of the brace, marked that area and ground it out until the pad went up on far enough to touch the bottom edge of the pinch weld as it would on the coupe. I still had enough material left on the pad to be able to tighten pad using the set screws. I did have to temporarily remove one of the brace bolts to be able to get set screw tight but then put the bolt back in. No damage or modifications have to be done to the car.