Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-30-2023, 10:08 AM   #15
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Mine with the original clips is iffy with the windows down. Seems to help when they are up. I am looking at put velcro in the spot where yours is high. That should stop it from moving around, just not sure how hard it will be to take off.
I do like the velcro idea over adding another bungie. And I have velcro...looks like I may have a minor project before it gets too hot in the garage.
Old 05-07-2023, 11:46 PM   #16
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I do like the velcro idea over adding another bungie. And I have velcro...looks like I may have a minor project before it gets too hot in the garage.
Danial, I agree, I like the Velcro idea. The mods that are left that I wanna do are not happening this year so maybe I'll do the Velcro idea. I have the materials although no issues. We wouldn't have this issue if the cover wasn't so d@mn expensive!! Next year. I'm doing the Katzkin leather seats and I LOVE your seats. Don't know when I'll do it but when I do, I'll let you and the other vert parents know how I make out with the Velcro.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:19 PM   #17
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Danial, I agree, I like the Velcro idea. The mods that are left that I wanna do are not happening this year so maybe I'll do the Velcro idea. I have the materials although no issues. We wouldn't have this issue if the cover wasn't so d@mn expensive!! Next year. I'm doing the Katzkin leather seats and I LOVE your seats. Don't know when I'll do it but when I do, I'll let you and the other vert parents know how I make out with the Velcro.
Looking forward to seeing your efforts! I may make the attempt this coming weekend and see how it turns out.

And yes, I love that adrenalin red interior! Thanks!
Old 05-12-2023, 06:59 AM   #18
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Yes, this is the style I have.
Try giving the bungee cord 1 twist before attaching this may bring it down
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:46 PM   #19
CAULK BOSS

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS Dusk Edition
This drives me CRAZY! I thought I was the only one that thought this was absurd and I can't stop looking in the rearview mirror and seeing that raised and not flush! Arghhh.. would love to see what y'all ended up doing to fix this raised part. Maybe a video on how y'all ended up solving this problem?
CAULK BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 04:00 PM   #20
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
I would buy a fiberglass one, does anyone know where to buy one?
Old 05-16-2023, 11:09 AM   #21
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAULK BOSS View Post
This drives me CRAZY! I thought I was the only one that thought this was absurd and I can't stop looking in the rearview mirror and seeing that raised and not flush! Arghhh.. would love to see what y'all ended up doing to fix this raised part. Maybe a video on how y'all ended up solving this problem?
If I get the time, I'm going to take a look at the velcro idea this weekend. We'll see how it ends up.
Old 06-11-2023, 07:43 AM   #22
Bobnoxious1

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS/2LT
The one that was on the car when I bought it fit well. Forgot to fasten the bungees one day before a ride and it blew off. Vehicle behind me apparently had a good time running over it. Didn't even try to miss it. Ordered a new one that was, like many have noted, a billion dollars and it fits this way. I'm not even sure how a third bungee point would be installed, although would probably solve this issue. It is a pretty tight fit just to hook the side ones. The Velcro sounds like a good idea but where are you putting it? Does it even stick?
Bobnoxious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:27 AM   #23
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnoxious1 View Post
The one that was on the car when I bought it fit well. Forgot to fasten the bungees one day before a ride and it blew off. Vehicle behind me apparently had a good time running over it. Didn't even try to miss it. Ordered a new one that was, like many have noted, a billion dollars and it fits this way. I'm not even sure how a third bungee point would be installed, although would probably solve this issue. It is a pretty tight fit just to hook the side ones. The Velcro sounds like a good idea but where are you putting it? Does it even stick?
It has turned into one of those "round tuit" projects for me. Shortly after thinking I would try it, I got sick and hospitalized for a bit and after that, went on a multi-state road trip. I really need to get at that and see what I can do.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:47 AM   #24
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
IF the top never goes up, pull the back seat, 3M tape velcro and call it good...now when you have to put the top up...youre just SOL...
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote