Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #15
Cake's Z

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Welcome, excellent color choice! I also just joined the Zl1 crew about a month ago.
2015 TRD Tundra (traded)
2014 Subaru WRX (traded)
2000 Z28 (sold)
1970 GMC 1500 (stolen)
2017 YXZ1000 (sold)
Cake's Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #16
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
You can get Kooks LTs off road with ceramic coating for under 1400 and I would go with the Rotofab Big Gulp, then tune. Should add some nice power. If you wanna go further then pulley upper only if your porting the stock SC since it’s off already or lower if you have plans on changing the SC out in the future.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #17
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Such a bad ass car, congrats!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #18
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I would think that a chat with your dealership, before you start your mods, might be in order. Adding a CAI can void a warranty. So can full long tube headers.

GM can be picky about what they will deny a warranty claim over. Al O famously said, "Keep it stock, take it to the track and if it breaks we fix it."

Opinions may vary, but getting 20-30HP, at the expense of my warranty, seems to be a marginal trade-off.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #19
~Jb

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Welcome! This is a great site and you have a beautiful new ZLE. Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Welcome and good luck with your new Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
Congrats on the new ZLE and of course you bought the best color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Car looks great! Just wait until your first track day. These things impress like no other...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake’s Z View Post
Welcome, excellent color choice! I also just joined the Zl1 crew about a month ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Such a bad ass car, congrats!
Thanks guys!
~Jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #20
~Jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Welcome. Is it a 2018 or 2019?
2018, I am just not a fan of the new rear end design at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinFD View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up getting it for? I saw some deals between 64 and 66 for the 2019 1LE. Thanks!
$61k
Old 12-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #21
Fredtp

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black Mosaic
I was not either at first, but the more I look at the more I like. But then again I did buy one. LOL
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
~Jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp View Post
I was not either at first, but the more I look at the more I like. But then again I did buy one. LOL
Definitely didn't mean for my comment to come across disrespectful. To each their own for sure, the 2019 redesign is just not for me.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #23
~Jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
This is what i did, just ordered a stainless works catback(to retain valves) and put on a tony mamo TB/Roto fab. When I’m ready to void that warranty the right way, I’ll add some kooks headers/e85 and a tune.

After having a motor replaced in a gt350, I’m a tad gun shy on getting rid of my warranty so soon.

Nice color choice OP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I would think that a chat with your dealership, before you start your mods, might be in order. Adding a CAI can void a warranty. So can full long tube headers.

GM can be picky about what they will deny a warranty claim over. Al O famously said, "Keep it stock, take it to the track and if it breaks we fix it."

Opinions may vary, but getting 20-30HP, at the expense of my warranty, seems to be a marginal trade-off.
Thanks guys. Yeah, as mentioned earlier round one of my mods is simply to make her sound right. So a Roto-Fab intake and AWE header back exhaust system. Speaking of warranty my dealer seems very mod friendly, even offered to help in some cases and encouraged me to come back so they could check it out from time to time. According to my dealer, they said I can mod this thing short of cracking to motor open. They, of course, didn't say anything about tuning but said intake, headers, exhaust, etc. would be just fine. I am certainly shy about ruining such a beautiful machine, so I plan to take my time and over analyze all my decisions.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #24
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
You will need a tune with nearly anything more than a standard roto-fab and a ported throttle body. I have never heard of a dealer who would honor an engine warranty claim with a tune, so I would make sure your dealer confirmed to you in writing that a tune would keep your warranty in tact. This car is a blast stock so you may want to drive it a bit before you know what direction to go. Lots of different ways to go as far as modding is concerned and some good ones have already been mentioned in this thread. FWIW, my mods listed in my signature have improved performance significantly with no negatives as far as drivability...of course my warranty is long gone. Whatever you do, welcome to the club!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #25
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post

Coming from me, this is definately a pot calling the kettle black sort of deal, but if all you're looking at doing is cai, headers and exhaust pass on the headers for now. You will have to tune which will be the end of your warranty. You can add the rotofab and cat back exhaust without tuning. I'd take the rotofab off anytime i was going to the dealer though; it's 10 minutes to swap the stocker back on.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote