Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
vin1794

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1LT/RS
'17 V6 A8 p0300 code + CEL

I've had my car for almost a year now, 9k miles. Last month I had a hard pull onto a highway and had a flashing CEL with no felt effects and came up as a p0300(random misfire) code. Took into dealer they said they couldn't see the code and was running fine, said its the sensor that detects for over rev or a redline and can cause the code and flashing CEL.

Flash forward 2 weeks and it happens again, same high end pull. Then another week later happened a third time, flashing CEL and Service stabilitrak warning. This past week I have determined the CEL only happens in the 70-100 range on a hard pull and right when the car downshifts as you accelerate, whatever gear its in, hits the redline to shift than the lights come on. I can replicate the issue each time by doing this. P0300 code every time but no feeling of adverse driving after it happens.

Curious if anyone has had any similar experiences, this last time the CEL is solid and onstar sent me an email about it. But still a p0300 code. Its a '17 V6 A8. Taking in after the snow hits this week, but seeing if anyone similar can shed some light.

Thanks
vin1794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
JBARRON

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro
Ignition misfire, could be carbon tracking spark plug.
JBARRON is offline   Reply With Quote