The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 10-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
MrBrightside

Drives: <Waiting for my C7 3LT Z51>
Paying 88,000 Dollars for my Z51 3LT

Hey guys, I'm new here (and to the Corvette world) and thought I'd share a bit of my bittersweet story here.

Went to the dealer here in Dubai yesterday to place my order and got a bit shocked. They're ONLY bringing 75 cars to the whole country and I'm number 37 on the list. They promised they'd bump me up because I know the regional marketing manager-

And here's the catch: The ONLY options I can choose are exterior/interior colors and brake calipers. Thats it! They're only bringing the top of the line options and the Z51 3LT package- no chance to customize. I've ordered the midnight racing blue with red brake calipers (might change that to black or get them painted gray later) and Brownstone GT seats on the inside. BUT, now I'm confused between Kalahari & Brownstone... FML.

Anyway I'm happy I'll be getting mine soon(ish) but still stings a little to be paying a 20,000+ Dollar premium.

Just thought I'd share this.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
For Dubai that's probably not a bad price. It sucks you have to pay a premium at all but for limited numbers like that.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
IMO:

Night race blue on 3LT Kalahari with yellow calipers on either black or silver Z51 rims will look hot!!

Or if you want to stick with red calipers, do a color override and get red interior on NRB!

Good luck and post pics when it finally arrives.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here (and to the Corvette world) and thought I'd share a bit of my bittersweet story here.

Went to the dealer here in Dubai yesterday to place my order and got a bit shocked. They're ONLY bringing 75 cars to the whole country and I'm number 37 on the list. They promised they'd bump me up because I know the regional marketing manager-

And here's the catch: The ONLY options I can choose are exterior/interior colors and brake calipers. Thats it! They're only bringing the top of the line options and the Z51 3LT package- no chance to customize. I've ordered the midnight racing blue with red brake calipers (might change that to black or get them painted gray later) and Brownstone GT seats on the inside. BUT, now I'm confused between Kalahari & Brownstone... FML.

Anyway I'm happy I'll be getting mine soon(ish) but still stings a little to be paying a 20,000+ Dollar premium.

Just thought I'd share this.
I took this picture last week of a 3LT, Z51 in Night Race Blue and Brownstone interior.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
MrBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I took this picture last week of a 3LT, Z51 in Night Race Blue and Brownstone interior.

Damn that looks awesome! Thanks for posting it!

They're bringing a Stingray to the Dubai Motorshow tomorrow so I'm waking up early for a change and heading out to be the first one there I'll post some pictures of it since the cars they bring out here need to have what they call Gulf Specs- sometimes they're minor changes sometimes they're major.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
MrBrightside

Just saw it live for the first time at the Dubai Motorshow and I sat in it for so long that some guy had to come up to me and ask me to let someone else have a go. So I said there's a perfectly fine passenger seat right here -_- He wasn't amused. Oh and the Brownstone interior looks AWESOME.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
MrBrightside

Just got a disturbing call saying my 7 speed manual won't arrive before January 2015....... Need to decide in the next day or two and either just go with the automatic or wait 13 months. FML.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
If you get your vette in Dubai before I do waiting since August, I'm going to freak! Lol
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
yxjackxh

Drives: corvette c6
Quote:
Just got a disturbing call saying my 7 speed manual won't arrive before January 2015....... Need to decide in the next day or two and either just go with the automatic or wait 13 months. FML.
If you can play the waiting game and have a nice spare car to drive in the meantime go for it! If you seriously cannot wait and want to hop in the new c7 than get the 6 speed auto!

Unless you're one of the those guys that NEED to drive stick
yxjackxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #10
MrBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxjackxh View Post
If you can play the waiting game and have a nice spare car to drive in the meantime go for it! If you seriously cannot wait and want to hop in the new c7 than get the 6 speed auto!

Unless you're one of the those guys that NEED to drive stick
I feel like I'm being tormented haha. Its a tough one. A part of me is saying go for the 7 speed auto for now then trade in and get a manual Z07 in 2015/2016.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #11
MrBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm888 View Post
If you get your vette in Dubai before I do waiting since August, I'm going to freak! Lol
I'm not getting mine before May/June 2014. So I hope you get yours before that or you're just going to have to move here lol
Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
MrBrightside

Crisis averted! I changed my order back to my original choice which was a 3LT/Z51 Cyber Gray Ext / Adrenaline Red Int / Red Calipers - they can get that to me by June/July WITH a manual gearbox. BOOYA!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
Donoh

Drives: 2009 C6 coupe CG w/black & red
Quote:
Crisis averted! I changed my order back to my original choice which was a 3LT/Z51 Cyber Gray Ext / Adrenaline Red Int / Red Calipers - they can get that to me by June/July WITH a manual gearbox. BOOYA!
Nice choice. I have a cyber gray C6 and it is an awesome color. I've seen it on the C7 and it just as fine.
Donoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3lt, dubai, z51