Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-01-2017, 07:11 PM   #29
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/man-...ation-39911497

I could go on...

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #30
JBARRON

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro
the reason it's doing this is because the purge valve is stuck open and allowing fuel to flow through the emmission system into the intake. this should set an Evap fault.

JBARRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #31
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBARRON View Post
the reason it's doing this is because the purge valve is stuck open and allowing fuel to flow through the emmission system into the intake. this should set an Evap fault.

I never got any fault but only did it the first couple of fill ups...I just knew the car wasn't happy & didn't like the hiccups.

I actually wanted to ask back in March when I got it simply out of curiosity, but figured the internet safety police would beat me up too bad.

I have 296,000 miles on the 6.0 3/4 Ton company with no fires.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #32
JBARRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I never got any fault but only did it the first couple of fill ups...I just knew the car wasn't happy & didn't like the hiccups.

I actually wanted to ask back in March when I got it simply out of curiosity, but figured the internet safety police would beat me up too bad.

I have 296,000 miles on the 6.0 3/4 Ton company with no fires.

The purge valve can be tested by disconnecting the line from tank to valve and capping off.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #33
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
My AC cools the car quickly, so when refueling in hot weather I just let my windows down...Hell you're getting hot outside the car anyway...Just turn it off...

How much does gas cost in Dubai???

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #34
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
I'm sorry but could you elaborate? What do you mean by breaking of a vacuum?

I think the answer to your question is in my little writeup all the way below.

I'm guessing you and VABarn are more or less on the same track about seals and breakage of vacuums I'm assuming. You reckon you could elaborate?

No no, gassing up meant filling gas.

You too...please read my write up below.

Never happened before. Just started and idles rough throughout until you stop filling and drive off. That's when it smoothens out.

Ok, so I appreciate everyone's opinion on my writing skills...ha ha very funny!!

However, what I did mean was that the rough idling happens ONLY while filling up gas and for those of you who suggested to switch the car off while filling gas....just because you look away doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I mean none of my cars have ever done this and neither does my current ZL1, then why should this 1LT? I mean it just doesn't sound normal. And it's something that was never there. It just recently started.

And finally, in Dubai, yes it is recommended to switch your engine off at the gas station while filling gas, however no it is NOT a law. In our defense, during summer we often have to deal with temperatures well north of a 130 degrees...so nobody switches their car off, especially during summer because even 3 minutes of 'engine off' time is enough to make your car a mobile oven. We behave ourselves more during better weather though.

Now, any suggestions on what the issue could be?
vacuum does play a role in operation of the vehicles, particularly in direct injection vehicles. So, yes it makes perfect sense that the car may idle rough if it's running while system is not sealed. I understand that you said this just started recently, but there could also be other factors involved as well. Outside temps being higher than previous times, fuel level in car at the time of fill up.

I understand the heat issue. I live in southeast Texas, while we don't get to 130 typically, we see temps to 110 and combined with very high humidity, it's probably pretty close to what you see. Fill up early in the morning or late at night when it's only 100 or so, lol.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #35
DWillys

Drives: Truck
DWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #36
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
All Comments aside about shutting the car off. Because obviously this is not what the OP wants to do. And he clearly stated his other cars do not do this including the ZL1..

My thoughts would be your other cars are higher performance engines with much greater fuel flow and pressure.. Where as creating a "Vacuum Break" does not effect it the same way the 1LT does..

Have him try "gassing up" when the tank is at 3/4 full and see if the results are the same.. If you are filling up at near empty or even 2 or 3 gallons in the tank you could simply be creating some sort of air in the lines by interrupting the fuel flow.

Also these in tank fuel pumps are all in one design the sending unit fuel pump etc.. is all in one... You could possible be dumping gas right onto the sending unit while its trying to operate normally and its getting confused. /shrug..

These are just ideas.. I would have him try to fill up when there is more gas in the tank and see if the problem is the same... or simply just have him open the fuel door while the car is on and see if it happens if it does that pretty much shows you its a vacuum issues.

Now back to the explosion option... These in tank pumps are sealed well however adding air oxygen into the tank while its running especially if the tank is low on gas is always a risk with submerged style pumps.. The chance is low as you would need spark and extra oxygen to ignite the fuel but your still taking a risk as low as it might be its a risk.

hope this information helps you in some way.

FYI- If turning the car off is a issue while refueling once the car is off press and hold the start/stop button for 8 seconds this will give you full access to all your controls put the air on recirculate and let the cool air just recirculate in the cabin while you fill up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBARRON View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
vacuum does play a role in operation of the vehicles, particularly in direct injection vehicles. So, yes it makes perfect sense that the car may idle rough if it's running while system is not sealed. I understand that you said this just started recently, but there could also be other factors involved as well. Outside temps being higher than previous times, fuel level in car at the time of fill up.

I understand the heat issue. I live in southeast Texas, while we don't get to 130 typically, we see temps to 110 and combined with very high humidity, it's probably pretty close to what you see. Fill up early in the morning or late at night when it's only 100 or so, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
My AC cools the car quickly, so when refueling in hot weather I just let my windows down...Hell you're getting hot outside the car anyway...Just turn it off...

How much does gas cost in Dubai???

Cost of fuel in Dubai is $ 2.40 for 98 Octane

And thank you all for the feedback and suggestions and opinions.
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #37
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
People are free to do whatever they want with their cars. I've learned long ago arguing on the internet is just stupid.

If you want to leave your engine on while refusing, go ahead. Just be prepared for problems with your fuel/evap system and I'm glad you don't go to the gas station I go to.

I WILL and HAVE called the attendant when I see someone fueling up with their engine running. Who will kindly advise them to shut off the engine or they'll cut the pump.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #38
JBARRON

Fueling the car with engine running will not cause fuel or evap system problems unless a problem already exists.

Last edited by JBARRON; 09-02-2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #39
F_Two

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis@hixsonnet.com View Post
...if the car's a 'rocken I hope it's not a 'knocken

Fixed it for you.
F_Two is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gassing up, rough idling, shaking engine