Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #295
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Hahaha..... No worries...... This is my wife's 5th new Toyota............ She likes them, but I think next year she will try a GM product instead. Been looking at the Malibu and Impala's... ......
Malibu and Impala were terrible for so long that I am shocked even more at how good they are now! It is a great time for cars...

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #296
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeCody View Post
You don't see a lot of the 6gens near the chicagoland area, especially an SS. So a lot of the import guys try to do a benchmark with it.

Man it doesn't even have to be an SS I have an RS I've only had it for less than a week and everyday when I'm driving back and forth to work some guys pulling up beside me thinking we're going to race it's crazy
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #297
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Got a ton of positive comments at a recent driving event. Most of the comments were about the sound of the exhaust a full song. Everyone seemed to like that. I also got comments about how fast it builds speed.

On the road, I get a lot of ... is that a corvette?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1494645535
Attached Images

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #298
interceptor

Drives: Stock '17 2SS M6 50th - DD '99 F150
Took the fiftieth SS to the dealer today to have a paint blemish looked at. Not sure if the paint tech was just stroking my ego, no reason to since I already bought.. but he said that it's his favorite model and was a little nervous to work on mine. LOL FYI he did an outstanding job.

interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #299
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Today I took my wife to a Honda dealer to trade-in her minivan and get a CRV. I left the vert with he top down in front of the main door. For some reason 4 groups of people thought it was some new Honda model and just decided to unlock it and get in to check it out. They were dumbfounded when the horn started blasting.

I guess I can count this as a compliment.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #300
JBARRON

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
Today I took my wife to a Honda dealer to trade-in her minivan and get a CRV. I left the vert with he top down in front of the main door. For some reason 4 groups of people thought it was some new Honda model and just decided to unlock it and get in to check it out. They were dumbfounded when the horn started blasting.

I guess I can count this as a compliment.
LOL, AWESOME!!
JBARRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #301
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I've got a few nice car compliments, one at the gas station yesterday. I do notice a lot of people do seem to look at it a lot, sometimes to the point of neck breaking.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #302
soldes

Drives: car
'Over here' most people seem to like it a lot. Even my boss, a die hard BMW fan, had to admit it's a very attractive car (even for a American vehicle he then has to add lol).
To be honest there's not much like it on the roads here. So far I only passed another Camaro (5th gen) once since the re launch and I drive about 81 miles a day.
I'm definitely not used to the attention this car is getting (people slowing, tailgating, asking questions at gas stations, ...) luckily the windows are small.
On the other hand there are plenty of ecoboost Mustangs (which wave)
Nick
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #303
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Tons of rubber-necking.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #304
CamaroNorth2017
Nuclear Engineer

Drives: 2017 NGM Camaro 1LT
Mine is only an LT and I get compliments all the time. I get a lot of 'nice car's when I'm getting in and out of it in a busy parking lot.

I get beat up for not having gone for the V8 but I don't care. I paid for the car and I got it the way I want that fit my budget at the time.
2017 Camaro 1LT - Nightfall Gray Metallic - LTG 2.0L Turbo I4 - 8-Speed Auto - 20" Low Gloss Black Alum. Wheels - Matte Black RS Spoiler - LED Headlamps - Sunroof - Bose Premium Sound System - Smoked Tail lights - Rear Decklid Blackout - Black Bowties - Technology Package

"Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes." - Ray
CamaroNorth2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #305
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNorth2017 View Post
Mine is only an LT and I get compliments all the time. I get a lot of 'nice car's when I'm getting in and out of it in a busy parking lot.

I get beat up for not having gone for the V8 but I don't care. I paid for the car and I got it the way I want that fit my budget at the time.
I think they did a great job of "consolidating" the looks of this generation. What i mean is, for me, the 5th Gen LT looked so "blah" compared to the SS and then the ZL1 looked even more fierce and unique. With the 6th Gen, even the LT looks really aggressive and I love them.

Now, with that said, the higher trims still do a better overall job of aggressive lines and stance etc. example - I pulled up into a parking lot on Saturday, before I could even get out of the car, this guy starts walking up from like 50 yards away, I get out and he's totally enthralled by my Hyper Blue 1LE - and I was parked next to a C7 Stingray, he was absolutely in love with it, and he even mentioned the C7 didn't even get his attention like my 1LE.

But yes those with "only" an LT are treated with a great looking car this time around (again, only my opinion, but can't be said with Gen 5).
Old 07-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #306
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I think they did a great job of "consolidating" the looks of this generation. What i mean is, for me, the 5th Gen LT looked so "blah" compared to the SS and then the ZL1 looked even more fierce and unique. With the 6th Gen, even the LT looks really aggressive and I love them.

Now, with that said, the higher trims still do a better overall job of aggressive lines and stance etc. example - I pulled up into a parking lot on Saturday, before I could even get out of the car, this guy starts walking up from like 50 yards away, I get out and he's totally enthralled by my Hyper Blue 1LE - and I was parked next to a C7 Stingray, he was absolutely in love with it, and he even mentioned the C7 didn't even get his attention like my 1LE.

But yes those with "only" an LT are treated with a great looking car this time around (again, only my opinion, but can't be said with Gen 5).

Exactly and if you add the RS package it's personal preference at that point between an SS and an RS for looks
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #307
JDono

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6 Vert - Riptide Blue
Nothing but positive. Everyone seems to dig the black/Redline combo.
Attached Images

JDono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #308
HyperVertVA

Drives: 16' Hyper Blue V6 RS Convertible
I've had mine for almost a month now and mostly its been nothing but compliments. A guy getting the carts from the parking lot told me "Hey man nice car", and a landscaper stopped at a stop light next to me yelled at me and told me the same thing, but also added "but you already knew that didn't you?" That made me laugh. But the family members and co-workers have definitely been jabbing me a little bit and telling me stuff like hey isn't it a little bit early to get he mid-life crisis car? I'll be 38 in a few months. I wonder if I had gotten the normal coupe instead of the convertible if I'd hear that as much.
HyperVertVA is offline   Reply With Quote